GT Academy's First Winner, Lucas Ordonez, Parts Company With Nissan

Oh great all the decent drivers "we" had are leaving
Leaving what? What has Lucas leaving Nissan got to do with his association with PD or playing GT? I met Lucas in Vegas; he wasn't representing Nissan at that event, should he not have been there?

Lucas has been an inspiration to me (and i'm sure many others) ever since his success with GT academy. He's shown that even us armchair racing plebs have a shot at the real deal if we work hard enough. He's not only a talented racer, but an awesome guy in general and I'm very much looking forward to seeing where his journey takes him next.

Leaving what? What has Lucas leaving Nissan got to do with his association with PD or playing GT? I met Lucas in Vegas; he wasn't representing Nissan at that event, should he not have been there?
You misunderstood me i meant all decent drivers Nissan has for its GT racing programs are leaving.

You misunderstood me i meant all decent drivers Nissan has for its GT racing programs are leaving.

I'm sure the new ones will be good and still mantain the partnership with PD,it will lack that special feel of seeing a GT gamer turned racing driver but who knows maybe GT Academy comes back in the future.

I'm sure the new ones will be good and still mantain the partnership with PD,it will lack that special feel of seeing a GT gamer turned racing driver but who knows maybe GT Academy comes back in the future.
I hope you are right it seems that Nissan dosen't try with the new GT-R GT3 imo.

The Nissan CEO, Charles Ghosn, has been arrested for corruption.

He has stepped down since early 2017, a timeline which coincidentally is when the GT Academy Program starts to decline with many drivers leaving. I think PD smells this and starts a new venture for ESports with FIA announced back in late 2014.

99% a nissan problem and I could tell PD cant starts a new GT Academy program with new manufacturer because of the contracts they've signed on.

Last edited:
Back