GT Next

• Thread starter redline
  • 20 comments
Seems we europeans are getting our own version of GT Concept, with all the tracks for GT3 plus classic cars, u know the one's you always wanted to drive? Lambo's countach etc, etc,
Bring it on!!!!

Redline - do you have any other info? Like a link about this? I knew about Europe getting Concept, but hadn't heard anything about new vehicles (other than what is already in Concept) and certainly not anything about Lamborghinis and such.

Is this true, than it would a great game add - on to the excellent series, but where did u get your info from?

OK Quote From Mag "Scribble out GT Concept from your 2002 wish list and pencil in GT Next instead. Sony seems to have finally seen sense and is contemplating releasing this latest version of the world's supreme racer over here with one major difference. It's not just going to be some experimental novelty featuring a sexy but limited selection of fantasy dream machines. Oh no. It would seem that those lucky japanese gamers weren't so privileged after all. Like guinea pigs used to guage interest in GT Concept, which subsequently flew off the shelves, Polyphony Digital is now considering a massive reworking of the game with a brand new title. Gearing it more towards our tastes, a massive selection of old and new models are rumoured to be featuring in GT Next. Just imagine the possibilities. A masserati like Sterling Moss drove to F1 success in the 50's or a Lotus 49. Cars that encourage you to forget all about downforce, grip and driving aids and instead delight in their exhilarating unpredictability Or how about the Lamborghini Countach or th Ferrari F40 " -goes on to say about all tracks being included and a revamped Autumn Ring
Source - PSW May 2002 Issue 28 Page 53

Another magazine confirmed this, but stated that it won't feature the cars from GT3, but only the ones from GTC. Also a SCEA spokesperson said that right now they're focused on bringing GTC to overseas (US, and EUR).

Thats annoying, because by the time PSW mag arrives over here, it is about 3-4 months old. :(

I may have to save up for a subscription.

Originally posted by viper_maniac
Is this true? Man I wish I had GTC. Plus any other GT games that come out. :drool:
Man... im going to get a mod chip in my PS2 and going to by the import GTC Dammit!!!! :mad: It will be mine 😈 😈

Originally posted by redline
Seems we europeans are getting our own version of GT Concept, with all the tracks for GT3 plus classic cars, u know the one's you always wanted to drive? Lambo's countach etc, etc,
Bring it on!!!!

European version, possible; new cars, possible; all tracks from GT3?! NO WAY. The only 2 versions of GTC (2001 Tokyo and 2002 Tokyo-Seoul) are using the same 5 tracks (Midfield, Tokyo, Autum Ring, 2 other rally courses). You can say 10 if you count the mirror ones. I personally have the GTC 2001 and in no way it is in the GT3 or GT4 rank. The game GTC costs only half of the normal games. It has no garage, no dealers, and no tuning shop.

Come on, do some research before you spread the stupid stuff on the web. :rolleyes:

One of the new cars from the GTC 2002 Tokyo-Seoul is made by Hyundai. At least the 2003 Tiburon is in it.

Well, actually Etep, someone did do the research, someone who's job it is to research, from PSW magazine, so i guess u should get your facts straight mate?

what I am trying to say is: GT Concept will not be the next generation of GT3. And it can never be. They are simply not in the same scale. If you, or the magazine is saying something like GT will have a European version and called something like GT Europe, fine. I might believe it. But if someone say GT Concept will have a European version that HAS ALL GT3 TRACKS and OLD/NEW cars, I am raising the B.S. flag. I am not trying to ruin your hope but if you are a die hard GT fan like me with GT1 Japanese and US, GT2 Japanese and US, GT3 Japanese, GTC 2001, and source about GTC2002, you know the route of the development tradition. What was described in the magazine or your post sounded something like a GT3 european, not GTC nor GT4. Anyway, I might be completely wrong a year later when the product actually comes out but at this moment I don't see anything wrong for what I just stated.

well, check here my GTC page if you think I am talking **** about the games. I do own one and finished it 3 days after I got it. Let me know if you want my 100% completed, 48 gold licenses, 100% win screen capture of my GT3 that I did last year.

All i am saying is that there might be lets say a tweaked version of GT 3 with the origional tracks which are already in existence, and some new cars, whats so hard to believe about that one?

Originally posted by redline
Bring it on!!!!

Read it yourself.

If there is really a European version of GT3 with new tracks/cars, I will just buy it and play it. Why do I need to be jealous? I should be happy. That is if there is a "European version of GT3 with new tracks/cars", not "european version of GTC with all the tracks for GT3" you said in the post. Get the point?!

Unless you don't know there is a game called GT Concept.

GTConcept is not a true sequel to any Gran Turismo game, but rather a mini game, just like GTA: Vice/Miami.

And i will buy any Gran Turismo related thing that comes out here.

Yeah , i'm after that GTC is like a lil add on, it's so dang easy that i finished it in 3 days (a couple hours if i could play and do nothing besides that) ... Don't misunderstand me , but if you can finish GT3 in like 2 weeks you're a freakin maniac and have too much time....

The japanese version of GTC was eeeeeeeeeeeasy here is the formulae

Gran Turismo Concept + Good Driver + 3 hours with breaks = You finish it. Im still gonna buy the euro version because of the I.Link IT BETTER HAVE I.LINK!!

Back