GT Photomode 2.0 Competition - Week 99- CLOSED

balang_479, that's a pretty good entry 👍 I especially like the blur in the background and the car looks very clean :)..

if that's legal, you just raped and abused this entire week.

However, you're suffering from the same thing LdS is, except your problem is the headlights. they seriously look painted on.
:D What are LdS and I suffering from...sense of speed? Headlights are amazing man, just some sharpening and blurring. I'm rather glad they look painted. I like em.

Thanks for the compliments on my shot guys! :)

Wow bad wording, meant that you have the same problem in your BMW shot as LdS' Fiat shot in another comp.

both of you have some pretty good cleanup going, but there is a certain element of the car which stands out as not fitting, or being unusually (within the shot) unclean. LdS has the Fiat 500's window frame, and you have the headlamp which looks really out of place IMHO.

I know, I know, tons of criticism form someone who hasn't entered a good 2.0 shot yet.

Hey man, anyones compliments or criticisms are welcome regardless. It's just weird because I really didn't do too much to the lights.

that's the problem. you worked over the entire car, but didn't do the lights, so they aren't up to the same quality.

sorry guys, not doing mine untill weekend. I'm not bothered if you go without me...but I'll do it for my gallery anyways.

aww :( swiss, LDs and mog just blew my entry away

LDs - it looks like a wheel chair.. lol; Definitely the unique one of this round.

Mog - I think the "partial blur" effect may have killed it a little.. if anything it should've ended at the supra's shadow.

Swiss - Yours looks like a still frame from a race.. just that super-slow motion slide.. it's that smooth. I wish you could add some spray or something from water behind it.. but it are illegal.

Last edited:

LDs - it looks like a wheel chair.. lol; Definitely the unique one of this round.

Mog - I think the "partial blur" effect may have killed it a little.. if anything it should've ended at the supra's shadow.

Swiss - Yours looks like a still frame from a race.. just that super-slow motion slide.. it's that smooth. I wish you could add some spray or something from water behind it.. but it are illegal.

Suzq - The cleanest and most HD shot in this round. Looks like the car was made from scratch and the break glow light in the dark is just fantastic. 👍

Thanks btw

Thanks for the compliment suzq, but I think yours is a lot better than mine :) That spray idea is a great one though, I might try that.👍

FINAL ENTRY

Spent way too much time on it for what it's worth, turned out nothing like I planned it to :yuck:

Looks good in my opinion! It's funny that you removed the spoiler, because today I went ahead and decided to transform the Plymouth Superbird into the Plymouth Roadrunner. I have already removed the massive spoiler, and you can see how is it going in my profile. Nice pic! 👍

Nice Entry Bram.

I should really start entering competitions later rather than sooner, that way I can get a scope on what everyone else is doing.

Looks hot Bram 👍 Nice dodge work. Shadow and highlight are very well balanced
The rear fender's edge seems to be placed on wrong layer order or something
Other than that, everything looks superb

How do you remove the spoiler then?! That's what I've been trying to do for ages, or did I miss something in the spoiler shop? :confused:

Last edited:
I wouldn't think that it'd be too hard to remove a spoiler. Clone stamp and just use selections? Definitely something to try. Entry looks great Bram. The portion just ahead of the rear wheelwell looks like it should continue downwards a bit more. But as franz said, dodging is excellent. The lines are very crisp and clean. And the exhaust looks spectacular.

Surely that goes against the 2.0 rules though? It's definitely altering the geometry of the car!

The geometry of the car and surroundings is the same and he hasnt added any additional objects... just removed :)

but not to alter the geometry and original subject matter of the picture: like adding stickers and body kits, and objects that are not in the original image.
I am inclined to think that it is altering the original matter of the picture. hmmm.....This is kind walking a fine line. Maybe the exact rules of what you can and cannot do should be rewritten.

Last edited:
i agree. and we should allow 3d wheels from phototravel to put on track photos for blurring or static shots. i believe it's been brought up before, but then again it might ruin the spirit of 2.0, it might have to be called 2.5 or something.

Looks hot Bram 👍 Nice dodge work. Shadow and highlight are very well balanced
The rear fender's edge seems to be placed on wrong layer order or something
Other than that, everything looks superb

Actually, the rear fender was like that originally. There was no depth in the whole car at first, so I was afraid of messing up the rear fender totally by beginning to mix reflections and create a wrong field of depth on the fender, so I kept everything stock, but I cleaned it.

The only thing I like about my entry are the reworked panel gaps. The originals were of the worst I've come across, but I think I've managed them alright. The panel gap near the hole in the door towards the rear is not perfect, but it was too difficult to spend 30 minutes on to get it right.

Thanks for your compliments 👍

How do you remove the spoiler then?! That's what I've been trying to do for ages, or did I miss something in the spoiler shop? :confused:

Easy, clone stamp it out, then blur your background to blur out all faults and do whatever you do afterwards :)

Surely that goes against the 2.0 rules though? It's definitely altering the geometry of the car!

Actually, it doesn't. When taking your car into the GT shop, you're doing exactly the same; you take off your wing, and you put on a new one. I simply took it off, that's not altering the geometry of the car, it's just taking away something. If this is not allowed, then taking away the license plates on a car would also be illegal, which is totally absurd for a 2.0 competition.

Not to be rude to people here, but I think some amongst us are far too conservative when it comes to rims cut and paste, and the wings...

I've got nothing against my entry to be flagged disqualified, but if this happens then I think GT wings should neither be allowed...(which, again, for a 2.0 competition is absurd)

Tangled Web: Nice angle, but the rims really don't suit the car (they would better on a Civic), and some lines are edgy and could use some work. But it's a nice entry none the less 👍

Thanks Bram, guess the wheels aren't the best but it was just a half edited shot I had sitting on my dive I wanted to use. Maybe I'll try your suggestion and put them on a Civic.
About the lines, you gotta remember that I don't go crazy like you with my cleaning. :D

The difference is that GT wings are added in game. It's like changing the wheels in GT Auto. THe only reason I'm a bit pissed off by this is because it's something I considered while doing my shot, but didn't do it as I thought it was against the rules! :lol:

Last edited:
Bram, your entry will stand. It may be technically altering the originality of the picture, but so is cleaning the car really. Pretty much everything we all do is altering the subjects originality. Just like moglets fiat 500 entry in the cccl entry with his custom border, (yes i know its just border) not many people around here could do that, just the same for your shot, not many could take off the spoiler. So the rule will just read as is, don't add stuff that's not in the original pic. If removing something shouldn't be allowed, then we shouldn't be able to use the clone stamp tool. And thats just not gonna happen.

Back