GT Photomode 2.0 Competition - Week 99- CLOSED

I agree with bram and swiss. taking away shouldn't be illegal.

however, adding a spoiler on a spoiler-less car, would be.

I think we need a re-write on the rules, as I was under the impression that we couldn't remove parts of the bodywork. If I'd have known this then a lot of my old entries would have been de-badged, de handled etc.!

a meeting might be in order

I've posted a topic about it in this forum, I think my suggestion has covered everything but I'm hoping people will add their own ideas. 👍

I don’t know where the doubts are. There is no rule that says that you cannot take things off cars.

Sure, there are some rules that are a little old, but 2.0 should be 2.0.

Last edited:
Well many little things have come up lately. And with all these new members slowly getting into 2.0 I think a re-write is necessary.

:lol: I realized now that next 2.0 (if we can call it that) week will be week number 100. What a lovely week to apply changes…

Let's hope next week's theme will be a very good one! I am eager to see what my current progress with Photoshop is like! :lol:

balang that looks really good! i like the blur effect to make the car look like its in a light tunnel.

Bram Turismo
Actually, it doesn't. When taking your car into the GT shop, you're doing exactly the same; you take off your wing, and you put on a new one. I simply took it off, that's not altering the geometry of the car, it's just taking away something. If this is not allowed, then taking away the license plates on a car would also be illegal, which is totally absurd for a 2.0 competition.

Actually it does! The rules clearly say so, but that's by the by to tell you the truth. If people followed the rules, then we wouldn't have blurs in 2.0 competitions. For instance, adding noise to the road, using paths, and radial blur is against the competition rules, because it alters the geometry of the original picture.

You can't hold back the tide though, and I wouldn't even like to try! Photoshop has transformed the galleries here, and I am constantly impressed by you, and others who create fantastic images. I guess it is an indication of the talent we have here, and I for one, would not like to see progress held back because of a few 'old school rules'. 👍

I think we need a re-write on the rules, as I was under the impression that we couldn't remove parts of the bodywork. If I'd have known this then a lot of my old entries would have been de-badged, de handled etc.!

I agree with you, the rules need to be updated a little (or maybe a lot), because the emphasis has clearly changed from Photomode to Photoshop. I've been here from almost the start, and I can still remember the reasons why the rules where drawn up in the first place.

It might surprise you to know that the rules were originally drawn up to limit the use of Photoshop, not encourage it! They were mean't to give an almost level playing field between those that used tools, and those that didn't. Over the years though, and with the influx of new artists, the reasons for, and the spirit of 2.0, have been long forgotten.

As the rules stand, they are heavily slanted towards those that use tools, which is fine, but there should also be scope for those that choose not to use tools. I'd personally like to see a broader range of filters added, as well as more adjustment layer effects, and maybe even some diffusion.

To be honest, why are there even any rules at all? It is quite clear that you can drastically alter the look and feel of a picture with just the limited rules we have at present. I can't imagine what else you could do with the filters that are excluded that can't be done with the rules we have at present. So, I personally think that all 2.0 competitions should be totally unrestricted in Photoshop use. 👍

On a side note, why did we lose the Head2Head competition? I always like that format, and it was the toughest competition of any to win (bar the tornaments). Anyone thinknig of ressurecting it? 👍

Thanks guys, I've been staring at the image for the past while and it's been looking like wallpaper to me. Great to get some nice feedback :cheers:

That Chevy is probably one of the best-rendered vehicles in the game; check out my Gallery if you don't believe me. Most of the images with that car in it naturally come out awesomely with just a little lighting tweak.

PS: where is the poll?

Back