GT Planet Member Time Attack Challenge

• Thread starter Laughss
  • 786 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
that bad huh? I was looking at the times that people submitted on the ring thread and its pretty nuts.

THE RING! this is fitting seeing as how Im going to Nurburgring tomarrow. The only thing that sucks is that I havn't picked up the bugatti. Oh well, Ill sit this out but I will take pictures tomarrow and make up a 'speedhunters' style report of my day! getting the chance to live in germany is awsome! There website says it has 6 Gran Turismo sim's that run the ring in "GT5" Ill have to find out more on that tomarrow.

Awesome!

I'd love to see any and all photos that you take!

plans cancled due to rainy day. Ill try again tomarrow, even if the weathers poor ill still go tomarrow.

WOW GT has amazing detail. I feel luck that Polyphony Digital gives us such a high quality product!

Last edited:
I was able to run this last night for the first time - three laps total. The first time around I did so quite tentatively and got a 7:34.xxx. The second time around I tried to push it a bit and ended up having a nasty wipeout. I dialed it down just a notch on the third try and ended up with my current best lap time of 7:09.xxx.

I could see, with more time and effort, being about shave twenty or so seconds off my personal best. Unfortunately, I don't have the time!

I just got back from the ring. I plan on posting more some where eles but heres a taste
DSC02936.jpg

DSC02931.jpg

DSC02950.jpg

7:26.941
Didn't bother putting in a fast lap. :)

@allent2
beautiful photos!

Attachments

• IMG_2290_.jpg
    IMG_2290_.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 13
All times have been updated as of 8:00pm PST. Please note that this is the last day and last challenge of this season. Season Two will begin on November 23rd, which on a Monday. The thread will be closed on November 22nd and I will start the 2nd season thread. Please leave your suggestions on this thread before I close it so I can find out what people liked and disliked during Season One so there won't be any problems during the next season. Thanks Guys! You really made this challenge fun and successful!

Thank you also for organizing this challenge, niigaki.

My selfish suggestion is to hold S2 until the jgtc series is over.
This way I have undivided attention to one race series.
I don't know about everyone, but that's just me.

I wasn't able to participate in this last challenge because I had friends come in from Nashville and we spent Friday, Saturday, and most of Sunday absolutely wasted... best weekend I've had in a while. :D

Really enjoyed this. I might have time next weekend to get some money together to buy all the season 2 cars... if not, I'll be participating in the ones I can.

Congrats to Glubags for killing it in season 1! Thanks to all who competed. I had tons of fun, so thanks to niigaki for putting this all together! I plan on a bigger and better season two! Spred the word if you had fun!

Thank you niigaki for hosting this series!

Even though I was late to the game, I enjoyed it immensely!

Thanks to all the other competitors too!

:)

Well if you guys want to start Season Two after Justin's league, just say the word. Just send me a private message with yes or no as your answer. After this week is over, ill check my inbox and total up the scores.

Grats to Glubags for winning Season One.

Votes so far I thought I should share.

Kaori - Yes
allent2 - No
detroitbb - No, needs more to buy all of the cars.

I am not voting considering, it doesn't matter to myself.

Last edited:
hmm I am not getting anymore votes, maybe I should just delay Season Two since there is a lack of interested in voting for either yes or no.

looks like Justin lost interest pretty fast with his series.
after all the polls & exhibition matches this is what we get --> "0"

are you up to the task to host a series again, niigaki?
we would definitely appreciate it.

or you could team-up with detroit & sinister to continue jgtc or just continue with S2 of TAC.

I'd go for S2.
It's much easier than running X number of laps.

Last edited:
I had a funny feeling it wouldn't work out. It was a lot of work for one person, I don't blame him though. It's very hard to keep up with everyone in a league and keep everything going smoothly when there are hard times. Starting next week, Season One and a Half will begin. It's going to be a quick 8 rounds only because I will be going to Vegas during Christmas, then New York for NYE, then Lake Tahoe in January. The Official Season Two won't begin until 01/19/2010 which is a Monday. I'll be back from Tahoe on the 18th. Until then, please look forward towards this fast pace Season 1/2.

:), it will begin 11/30/09. I will have the official car list up and ready by Friday at the latest. Most likely, I will take a break from COD with my friends tomorrow and work on the rules and stuff.

Last edited:
Oh one more thing, I will be closing this thread down by Friday night. And will start up a new one for S1/2

:), it will begin 10/23/09. I will have the official car list up and ready by Friday at the latest. Most likely, I will take a break from COD with my friends tomorrow and work on the rules and stuff.

October 23? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back