GT Planet Member Time Attack Challenge

• Thread starter Laughss
  • 786 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
That run was perfectly legitimate, niigaki... no wall-hugging there.

My best run so far is 2'09.612. I can consistently run in the 2'10s now, and three times I've been four tenths ahead of my 2'09 ghost half of the lap in, but I always mess up somewhere (usually the high speed downhill section into that tight hairpin), so I'm going to throw in the towel on this one and post the 2'09.612 tomorrow as my only time for this challenge.

I really love this car/track combo and will definitely continue to revisit it to perfect the lap long after these challenges are done. I really think a 2'08 could be done if everything went perfectly.

i know its a hard setup, why were challenging ourselves. you still have me beat haha. that track is really hard to pull a perfect run without wall hugging.

@ Vavy,

my question for you is, which do you want listed? the wall hugging one or the non wall hugging time. let me know, but seems like only 4 of us are even doing this challenge. Are people getting burnt out already on doing these, or is this track and car setup just way to hard for people.

i know its a hard setup, why were challenging ourselves. you still have me beat haha. that track is really hard to pull a perfect run without wall hugging.

@ Vavy,

my question for you is, which do you want listed? the wall hugging one or the non wall hugging time. let me know, but seems like only 4 of us are even doing this challenge. Are people getting burnt out already on doing these, or is this track and car setup just way to hard for people.

I'm posting a video now on youtube and will provide a link when done in 20mins with the time of 2'08.498 with no wall hugging. I think wall hugging should be restricted from the competition as it shows no skill whatsoever. I only posted up my wall hugging time to show the difference in the time. For this challenge only, participants should include a video with their time and for the next course it shouldn't be a city course to avoid situations like this.

Can't speak for anyone else, but for me it's definitely not too hard nor am I burnt out at all... I just can't justify putting in the effort for a great lap (on this particular wall-hugger-friendly track) when not everyone has the resources to post full replays. It's far too easy to hug the walls, brake or stop/go right before the finish, and beat the fastest time by a split second with what otherwise appears to be a legit time.

There are pleeeeenty of other great tracks that absolutely must be driven realistically to achieve the best time, though... so I'm in this for the full season, no doubt.

I'm posting a video now on youtube and will provide a link when done in 20mins with the time of 2'08.498 with no wall hugging. I think wall hugging should be restricted from the competition as it shows no skill whatsoever. I only posted up my wall hugging time to show the difference in the time. For this challenge only, participants should include a video with their time and for the next course it shouldn't be a city course to avoid situations like this.

👍 👍 👍 👍 👍
Thank you. That's way more encouraging than your previous posts. :D

I didn't even know about wall hugging haha. I'll make sure to choose the tracks more carefully for the rest of this season. I want more people to post their times.

I'm not sure, but I checked out the folder structure the other day. If you wanna upload the folder (zip it up or something to keep the directory name intact), I could download it and copy it to my memory stick to give it a shot.

Here's my ghost data good luck beating it 👍

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B4EF93F7801.rar
    56 KB · Views: 12
Are people getting burnt out already on doing these, or is this track and car setup just way to hard for people.

I'm still in but cant get past 2:15.
I agree that the track and car is hard (for me).
Also I'd rather upload the replay file than post a replay on youtube.
Youtube posting takes too much time (get camera, record replay, upload, etc.)
But I appreciate you guys taking the time to post in youtube. :cheers:

Thanks... :) One of the last turns at the end i stuffed up lol. Im trying to redo it because i think if i fix that one corner i can get 2'07.XXX

I couldn't compete in the first challenge since I didn't have a GTR yet. Gave the second challenge a try, and my time was pitiful, so I didn't even bother posting it. This time to add support to the challenge to show more supporters, this is my time for challenge 3:

Professional, S3/S3
2'24.617

If anyone needs a screenie to prove my crappy time, I'll take a pic. I'll try again tonight and see if I can get at least a little better than that.

Edit:

I have had another try, and managed a 2'16.630 on R3/R3 tyres on Pro. I'll try knocking a few more sec off that time, then I'll post a screenie.

Last edited:
@ cottees

you shouldn't feel pitiful because your time isn't that great or the best. the reason why this challenge was started is to meet new GT players, compare times and gather input from other members to improve your driving overall. if you have any questions, feel free to ask. there are a lot of skilled drivers that have been posting since day 1, don't let them scare you away. they won't bite haha

also remember folks to please post your times with screenshots so I can start filling in the first page. it's so blank lol, also Yavy. Which time am I using for C3?

2:14.971

I think I could do a 2:13 if I tried harder :P

niigaki, could you tell us in advance the next 2 tracks?
I won't have access to a computer (sat to tue) so I'll miss C4.
Hopefully I'll be back by C5.

Attachments

• IMG_2265_.jpg
    IMG_2265_.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 10
hmm there isn't love for C3 it seems like. i'll post the next track since C3 has completely failed. Check up on the first page for C4's track in a few minutes.

okay, C4 has been updated. please note that any times for C4 will be considered DNF until the challenge actually begins. Hopefully we will see more people in C4 considering that C3 was a epic fail considering only 3 of us are actually running it. I would still consider posting a time because the points are still being added up, even if your time isn't top. It's better to gain points then none at all right?

also remember folks to please post your times with screenshots so I can start filling in the first page. it's so blank lol, also Yavy. Which time am I using for C3?

Use the non wall hugging one which is 2'08.498.

Well, after watching Yavy's legit 2'08 video, I got a second wind and decided to put in some laps to go for a competitive time, since that made it worth it.

I'll update this post when the replay is uploaded.

Here we go:

utf-8BSU1HMDAyMjItMjAwOTEwMTUtMjAyM.jpg

Last edited:
hahaha, i thought you were gonna stop for C3. time to stop playing SFA 3 Max and start time attacking tonight. I'll try to break into 08's tonight, Glubags your my new motivation in this challenge now haha

OMG my time is still not good enough, I just clocked 2'08.5xx. I might take this up after some dinner. Everyday I watch who's currently active viewing the thread but they never talk haha. You thread stalkers should come and play with us!

Very good run by the way 👍 I have to out perfect you to beat that time lol.

Lol, there's actually a good bit of time to be made up... Checking the times, your 2'08 ghost is actually ahead of mine for the first half of the lap. 👍

Hey guys just got a time of 2'07.184 will be uploading the video soon. I stuffed up again on the last turns a 2'06.8XX is possible. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back