GT Planet Member Time Attack Challenge

• Thread starter Laughss
  • 786 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

IMG_0507.jpg

[youtubehd]dn-1mVAxlU4&[/youtubehd]

Last edited:
This was an eye-opening lap. My previous best ghost of 55.465 was running, and I completely screwed up the first corner, putting myself at least .3 seconds behind my 55.4 ghost. But corner by corner I gained on it until passing it near the end. Never lost traction through the last corner and looked back to see my 55.4 ghost a car-length or more behind.

If I can do as well in the first corner as my 55.4 ghost, and do as well or better on the rest of the lap as this ghost (rear end steps out a lot through the esses, so I think it's possible to do much better), a 54.9XX or maybe even a 54.8XX would be obtainable.

utf-8BSU1HMDAyMDYtMjAwOTEwMTItMDYzN.jpg

Edit:
This is my best Standard physics time so far (didn't spend much time setting this one--didn't want to throw myself off going back to pro):
utf-8BSU1HMDAyMDctMjAwOTEwMTItMTE1N.jpg

PLEASE NOTE: I do NOT want this standard physics lap time to count... I only want my pro physics laps to count from here on out... I just wanted to see how much of a difference the physics made through the esses. It's pretty huge. Lost traction a little on this lap; a 54.5 would be very possible using standard physics.

Last edited:
nice glubags. yeah I am having trouble with turns 5 and 6 because so how if I push the car to much into the turn I start to look grip way to fast. hopefully I find the correct line and get back into the top 3.

Times have been updated as of 10:33am PST

Edit:
This is my best Standard physics time so far (didn't spend much time setting this one--didn't want to throw myself off going back to pro):
utf-8BSU1HMDAyMDctMjAwOTEwMTItMTE1N.jpg

PLEASE NOTE: I do NOT want this standard physics lap time to count... I only want my pro physics laps to count from here on out... I just wanted to see how much of a difference the physics made through the esses. It's pretty huge. Lost traction a little on this lap; a 54.5 would be very possible using standard physics.

Standard physics always gives the upper hand. One good thing about using pro is that you get better practice so that when you go online (gt5p) you will murder everyone since the race is now standard and most drivers still suck lol.

I just hit the 56.220 mark ill post an image when I have something worthy of the top 3 spots.

I would love to participate but unfortunately I came too late for the first race (for which I have the Nissan GT-R Spec V) and the second one I don't have the required car

:(

I'll participate in any remaining races whenever possible.

For the second season it would be good to plan out the required car list, or to establish either a single car, or a list of 5 usable cars for races so it might be easier to participate in all of them :)

Just my two cents,
Airjordan.

PS: Great idea with the Time Attack Season, hopefully more will come :D

@ airjordan12345

Thanks for your input. I think having a set car list would be a lot better for people to prepare for the upcoming challenge. After this challenge, we still have 11 more to go before the first season is over with.

Season 1 Car List

C1 - Nissan Skyline GTR SpecV '09
C2 - Toyota Trueno (S.Shigeno Version)
C3 - Amuse S2000 Street Version
C4 - Ford GT 05'
C5 - Honda NSX Type S 01'
C6 - The current point's leader will decide this.
C7 - Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R '00
C8 - RUF BTR '96
C9 - Lotus Motorsport Elise '99
C10 - Mazda efini RX-7 Type RZ '96
C11 - Buick GNX '87
C12 - Amuse Carbon R(R34) '04
C13 Final - Bugati Veyron 16.4 '09

I'll post this on the first page as well.

Last edited:
maybe we should make a petition to PD that they release an update for uploading fast times?

but I guess that will be too much work for them (creating/updating/managing the website).

FFS you said the next challenge was going to be with the amuse s2000.... either way, are any of the challenges going to be on the seattle track?

oops sorry about that ploopsy, challenge 3 will be with the amuse s2000 street version, fixing that now. hmm as for your question about the seattle circuit, yes it's coming this season and is quite near by.

one last thing challenge will end tomorrow night at 11pm PST. Challenge 3 will be with the Amuse S2000 Street Version and the track was chosen is a very tight course. Only the perfect line and braking will score you a low time.

just curious are you using standard physics Yavy92 only asking because no one is breaking '54 with pro physics so far.

0'54.728 was standard physics. The closest i got with pro was 0'55.221 but didnt save it as ghost data.

@ airjordan12345

Thanks for your input. I think having a set car list would be a lot better for people to prepare for the upcoming challenge. After this challenge, we still have 11 more to go before the first season is over with.

Season 1 Car List

C1 - Nissan Skyline GTR SpecV '09
C2 - Toyota Trueno (S.Shigeno Version)
C3 - Amuse S2000 Street Version
C4 - Ford GT 05'
C5 - Honda NSX Type S 01'
C6 - The current point's leader will decide this.
C7 - Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R '00
C8 - RUF BTR '96
C9 - Lotus Motorsport Elise '99
C10 - Mazda efini RX-7 Type RZ '96
C11 - Buick GNX '87
C12 - Amuse Carbon R(R34) '04
C13 Final - Bugati Veyron 16.4 '09

I'll post this on the first page as well.

hopefully this list won't change.

Mine's & Ruf are my dealers for Day 167. :)

C7 - Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R '00 = cr200,000
??C8 - RUF BTR '86 = cr112.480

is it RUF BTR '86 or RUF CTR2 '96

There's such a large gap between what's possible with standard physics and pro physics... I really feel like this won't be a legitimate competition until a single physics mode is the rule.

Yavy says he beat my pro time but didn't save it, whereas I beat his standard time but don't want it to count toward the standings. Situations like that really make me feel that one mode should be decided on so everyone stands on the same ground.

Anyone else agree? Anyone else want only a single mode to be allowed from Challenge 3 onward?

Yeah I understand your frustration, bakemono858 was also discussing this with me last week. I know a lot of the rules have changed in only 2 challenges. And some of the members are getting upset because of it. Starting right now, the members who are currently envloved with Challenge 2. Please send me a message, would you like continue with playing with an open choice for physics? Or would like you like vote for the rest of the season to continue with only pro physics. For the members who don't post as much but I still see you online viewing the thread, I will send you guys messages right now. Voting closes at 11pm as we as Challenge 2.

FFS you said the next challenge was going to be with the amuse s2000.... either way, are any of the challenges going to be on the seattle track?

I am just curious, your getting upset that the rules are changing but you haven't even submitted a time yet for any of the challenges?

Thank you very much Niigaki!

Even if I don't participate in all of the races (Because as of now I only have the Veyron and the Ford GT '05) I will at least be able to participate in the ones which I can acquire the car.

Either way I won't compete for any good positions but I will have fun and see how I fare against other racers

:)

Cheers and to many seasons to come!!!

your more then welcome to enter whenever you feel like. to be honest though the only reason why I am above 250 days is because I grind out the test course S rank with my veyron and skip days so I can pick up cars that I want. about 70 of the cars chosen for the first season are below 100,000 CR. which is pretty easy to get since it takes 3 and a half minutes to do 2 laps around test course.

Yeah it's definitely not hard to get, plus I'm sure the only hard one is the Veyron which everyone is already super excited about getting.

I'm saving for the Ferrari F2007 but I still buy cars I like and want whenever I see them.

The problem is that Yesterday and today have been crazy at work, I have barely been at home or done anything else so I have yet to do more races and get new cars!

well the season is pretty fast tomorrow is already c3 haha. ill have a pool of cars that people can choose from to add to season 2's list. so people can have a head start in knowing which cars will be used in S2.

I am just curious, your getting upset that the rules are changing but you haven't even submitted a time yet for any of the challenges?
thats cause I havent been able to cook up a time that is better than what is currently posted so ill help keep useless clutter off the chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back