GT Planet Member World Wide Super Time Attack Season 1.5!!!

• Thread starter Laughss
  • 370 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
DSC01738.jpg View attachment UCES01245RPLY-B5677F72305.zip
DSC01737.jpg View attachment UCES01245RPLY-B5677F72306.zip

So I have a dilemma here. On my faster lap, in between corner 7 and 7a my car is on the yellow line, and basically I'm not sure where the track ends on that section of the track. You guys can make a decision on that, but just in case I have a second clean run, if that's okay, so I still have an entry if my other is no good.

Woot i am going to be in last place for this :)!!!!!

1'45.627

Attachments

• IMG_0629.jpg
    IMG_0629.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 6
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B5677F72301.zip
    53.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Congrats Slatz on C7

The Final Challenge, early congrats to this season's winner Slatz.

Challenge # 8
December 21st - December 23rd
Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI ( Type-II ) '02 (DRT/DRT)
Cathedral Rocks Trail III / Forward

AMG doesn't not have a track map for this course since it wasn't introduced in GT4. This track is all speed, best of luck.

Looks like a fun car/track combo.

I think the F1 point system (10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1) is a good compromise between JGTC & S1 point system.

Last edited:
I should of chosen a lower horsepower car. Although its fun to shave tenths of my lap times, I might have to add a Lancia Statos to the mix in S2 ;)

what's your psn id? so I can add you.

Glubags. I use Glubags for everything, lol.

Also, I thought today was the last day for C7... I was going to put in a few laps tonight after work. Whoops! Pretty much gave this one away to Slatz. :)

isn´t that challenge over at 20th december 11pm?

what time is it now in LA? ;D

It's the afternoon of the 21st here in the eastern US. Last night was the 11pm cutoff for C7. :dunce:

Congrats on winning Season 1.5 :)

Sorry Glubags ><

After reading your guys suggestions for Season Two. This question is still remains would you guys like to run

Season One Point System (10,9,8 etc.)
Detroitbb's Hybrid System (15,12,9,7,6,5,4,3,2,1)
2009 F1 Point System (10,8,6,5,4,3,2,1)

Any preliminary times for C8? I'm having a very difficult time trying to complete a clean run and do so with a fairly fast lap. I thought I had one last night, but watching the replay from the chase camera (third person cam) showed that my ass-end of the car just slightly clipped the wall in turn one and a spark appeared - I almost wanted to cry! Ha ha ha!

My best time so far is 27.943.
I don't know if I'll have the time to improve on that as I have a party to attend tonight. :cheers:

All the best to those running the GT5 TT.

Looking forward to S2.
I hope more will be joining.
Ok with Detroitbb's point system.

Last edited:
@ glubags

ill sent you a friend request tonight.

I am currently stuck at 0'28.0xx, as far as running a clean lap. It is still needed, I have been stuck since last night because I can't get a clean lap in anymore and break into the '27s.

I like Detroitbb's system as well. This season was very hard to bounce back if you weren't placing in the top 3 every round. I honestly wish there were more people that would compete, but it seems like because they're rules in place, it might turn people off. And maybe people don't like to run with professional physics. Hopefully Season Two will turn more PSP players to compete, considering that after TAC was introduced. It spawned a crap ton of challenges.

I'm in Australia. Can my version of GTPSP load the replay / ghost files here ? I have tried them and it says corrupt data.

Welcome, tdunster!

You can only view replay files from the same region as your GT PSP game. Since you are in Australia, I'm assuming you have the UCES version (European). If so, you should be able to view Slatz's replay files. Try this one: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=71104&d=1261364720 ...to view it, download and add it to your savegame folder. Then boot up Gran Turismo, go to Replay Theatre and choose the appropriate course. The game will ask you to load the file, choose yes, and enjoy!

:)

EDIT: Slatz has just informed me that he uses the North American version of the game (my mistake). Emu76 uses the European copy. urataman uses the Asian copy. I'll post both of their saves for the same track (Tsukuba / Forward).

UCAS replay: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=70949&d=1260460934

UCES replay: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=70958&d=1260571016

Sorry about that!

Last edited:
i think in australia its the UCAS Version, so he can only look at urataman´s replays
and detroit, i have the US Version unless i´m in GermanyP :P

Niigaki
delete my drift Score, i didn´t saved a ghost there :-/

C8
1'10,XXX so far

I honestly wish there were more people that would compete, but it seems like because they're rules in place, it might turn people off. And maybe people don't like to run with professional physics. Hopefully Season Two will turn more PSP players to compete, considering that after TAC was introduced. It spawned a crap ton of challenges.

I think three main things were at play...

1) A bunch of series popped up after the JGTC league ended and these each drew some people. This lead to each series just starting immediately... no real time to advertise and draw new competitors in.

2) A lot of GT fans were preparing for the GT5 time trial demo's release.

3) The holiday season tends to further subdivide people's limited free time. After the new year, more people will have extra time to devote.

Last edited:
niigaki, I would suggest having a Pro physics & Standard physics category rather than having race & sports categories. It will be easier to follow (one track & one car per competition).

You can also do sports cars for C1 to C4 then race cars for C5 to C8.

Last edited:

This one is close.
But I managed to cross the finishline & stopped the clock before I banged the car on the left side of the track.

Edit:
Final time submission, btw.
Congrats to Slatz.
Merry Christmas everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_2403_.jpg
    IMG_2403_.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 8
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B0BE861B401.zip
    52.7 KB · Views: 10
currently at 27.9xx.

since Detroitbb's hybrid point system looks to be the one for Season Two. Next question for everyone, which system would you guys like to run with.

Sports Cars C1-C4 then Race Cars C5-C8 with Professional as one league and a Standard as the other league ( psp88's suggestion )
Sport Car and Race Car separate leagues with only Professional

If you have a suggestion for Season Two for running new car lists, please voice your opinion!!

would be better to drive
1 racecar
1 FF car
1 MR car
1 FR car
1 rallycar
1 4wd car
1 oldtimer sportscar

to see who is the allround racing champ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back