GT-R Drift on custom Course, Technical Circuit

• Thread starter Jap_Taxi
  • 12 comments
I cracked up when I heard "Danger Zone" hahaha, Ive got a funny story about that song, good stuff 👍

That custom track looks like a lot of fun, Im betting that I spend a lot of time on those especially when learning. Thats a great environment too, looks like Kansas or something.

Welcome back! GT5 looks easier to drift if AWD seems possible but Nice work!

Last edited:
With the torque splitter it behaves just like any RWD. Im amazed at how well th drift physics are in GT5, the cars are soooo easy to slide, catch and anticipate. The only issue i was having issues with was no handbrake until I worked out how to change the paddle shifters to it. Will post some vids of RWD cars shortly.

I do take offense to that comment, that car handles nothing like an AWD. If you look at the car there is more opposite lock than a lot of videos ive seen of people drifting rwd cars. I dont turn around and tell them there vid is **** coz theres no opposite lock.

Show me how you drift, keen to see what you like sideways.

Ill post up some RWD drifts soon.

AWD or not, it was a good video with some nice skills 👍 I'm guessing you got the center diff set to 10/90? Do the cars feel like proper RWD cars or can you tell there is still some torque/power going to the front?

AWD or not, it was a good video with some nice skills 👍 I'm guessing you got the center diff set to 10/90? Do the cars feel like proper RWD cars or can you tell there is still some torque/power going to the front?

The cars feel 100% RWD. If you over correct you're gone. I was expecting it to be like GT5P but there is nothing like that with the GT-Rs I have the R33 done up too and it behaves the exact same way.

Do you have any tips on how to power out of corners? I can't seem to do it cleanly...

Are you using a G25/27? My advice is as you exit the corner, once you are past the apex while you have the wheel turned (should be no more than 1/4 of a turn to start with) as you exit nail the throttle as the car starts to slide let the wheel slip through your hands, dont try to fight the wheel or turn it your self. The wheel will compensate the best.

You just need to work on catching the slide. Once you have practiced this and become competent at it, you could try different corner with tighter apex's, with these corners but you will need to jerk the wheel in the direction of the turn and then flick the wheel back to opposite lock (this is to help the wheel start its compensation). Just keep practicing this until you get the hang of it.

If you struggle let me know ill do a video to demonstrate what i mean. In the mean time try practicing on the left-hand turn at the end of trial mountain straight

Are you using a G25/27? My advice is as you exit the corner, once you are past the apex while you have the wheel turned (should be no more than 1/4 of a turn to start with) as you exit nail the throttle as the car starts to slide let the wheel slip through your hands, dont try to fight the wheel or turn it your self. The wheel will compensate the best.

You just need to work on catching the slide. Once you have practiced this and become competent at it, you could try different corner with tighter apex's, with these corners but you will need to jerk the wheel in the direction of the turn and then flick the wheel back to opposite lock (this is to help the wheel start its compensation). Just keep practicing this until you get the hang of it.

If you struggle let me know ill do a video to demonstrate what i mean. In the mean time try practicing on the left-hand turn at the end of trial mountain straight

You explained that perfectly well, I think I understand just what you mean. Thanks a lot! I can't wait to give it a try tomorrow.

The cars feel 100% RWD. If you over correct you're gone. I was expecting it to be like GT5P but there is nothing like that with the GT-Rs I have the R33 done up too and it behaves the exact same way.

Thats just what i wanted to hear :D Thanks

Back