• Thread starter Falango
  • 365 comments
Canada
Vancouver, BC
Falango
The goal: 7:29.03
Where: Nurburgring Nordschleife
In what: 2007 Nissan GT-R

Discuss your attempts, your successes, splits, etc. Post up a pic of your trophy as proof of you earning this great achievement.

I myself haven't got a GT-R yet, but hope to have one this weekend to attempt this. Until then, I can only speculate that it will be tough. I see myself dedicating atleast 6 hours to this.

Where do I have to perform this lap to earn the trophy?

Arcade mode - Time Trial - Nissan GT-R '07 - Nürburgring Nordschleife - Tyres: Sport Hard (or lower) (confirmed by Manuelos)

Do I have to MATCH the time, or BEAT the time?

Beat the time. I believe it is safe to assume we will get the trophy if we match the time. I have proof that we earn a gold trophy if we MATCH the license test time in GT5, so this should be identical.

Can I earn this trophy with any other version of the GT-R?

No. The test HAS to be done in the 2007 Nissan GT-R

Can I earn this trophy with a modified car?

Too early to say, no confirmed reports of being able to do so.

There are 2 GT-R record times. 7:29.03 and 7:26.70. Which do I have to beat?

The trophy states the official time to beat is 7:29.03. This was the original record for the car.

Last edited:
I don't expect it to be to big a challenge, given that we dont have the fear of death when we go launching towards Flugplatz. lol

Brilliant idea for a trophy though.

Last edited by a moderator:
What mode is this done and what tyres do we use?

Is it a standard car?

Not sure on the mode. I want to have a crack at it with the bone stock car, since that's what the lap would have been done in.

I love the track, and drove it who knows how many times in GT4, and have driven on it briefly tonight with the 300 SL.

You can definitely feel more bumps, and the curbs feel higher from what I remember too. You can feel a better sense of speed and grip through the Karussell.

You can't actually time the same lap, can you?

I thought the road-car times were set standing-start-to-gantry (as with the Top Gear Jaguar challenge).

Afaik the game just times you around the FULL circuit.

I wonder how hard this will be, I am terrible at this track. I honestly don't even like it much.

GT5's improved sense of speed makes the Nordschleife all the more intimidating if you lack confidence / experience -- I see myself having a rough time. Nightmares of Mission 34 come flooding back.

:nervous:

That shouldn't be too hard to achieve if its upgraded, but if stock, a little harder for sure.

Considering your time is invalidated if you go onto the grass (All 4 wheels) and come back on the track having gained some time - The game makes the timer red and derp, your lap doesnt count!

Just been pissing myself off, for all the driving on the Nurb I've been doing, I still aint logged a lap in the Gallardo!

A cool challenge though, will do this when I get a GTR!

This is a pretty easy one guys, I managed to snatch the trophy in just one lap. 07.26.882 Was my time and I even spun out once.

So I know this is one of the trophy's that you can win, but how do you do it, in what mode, and what tyres like SmallFryz asked ... does one just buy the car fomr the dealer and do it with standard specs ?

So I know this is one of the trophy's that you can win, but how do you do it, in what mode, and what tyres like SmallFryz asked ... does one just buy the car fomr the dealer and do it with standard specs ?
Arcade mode - time trail - Nissan GT-R '07 - Nürburgring Nordschleife - Tyres: Sport Hard (or lower)

I'm sure the topic is about beating the GTR's lap time at the Nordschleife. This thread has nothing to do with any Corvette, or any other car. We have other threads discussing other cars times at the Nordschleife.

Lets stick to the topic in future.

EDIT: 15 off topic posts deleted. :rolleyes:

You are allowed to get all 4 wheels off the track but not on the inside of a turn, if you run wide you can still continue.

First attempt left me with a 7.41 so another 12/13 secs shouldn't be too hard - I'd already found another 5 on my 2nd run before I binned it into the Armco somewhere near that very fast section shortly before the Karrusel - threw a strop a switched and gave up after that... :grumpy: (might have been the corner names that put me off!)

I'm assuming the car has to be stock and the best tyres are on it already?

hmm just did a 7'22 on the nordschleife with a gtr

but i didn't get the trophy? I did it in arcade mode time trial btw

I guess you have to do it with your own gtr?

I'm a decent driver, but man I've never driven the ring before this game. I love it though, not good at it but its so hard yet fun. I can only imagine how fun it would be when you've become familiar with it and actually attack corners. I just creep around atm, normally get around silver times on the AMG challenge.

not sure which GT-R it is in Arcade mode but the trophy states you have to use the '07 model - there is a newer '09 in the dealership but its about twice the price of the '07.

Been running my laps in the Practice section of GT Mode, although I'm not sure if this is correct.

I'm reluctant to really attack the track at the moment as I'm pretty sure the harder AMG challenge difficulties are going to be in the wet / at night, so I'm trying to gain time by being as smooth as possible as I'll be able to carry this over, going in gung-ho will do you no favours at all when the conditions deteriorate...

Back