GT-R Official Record (READ FIRST POST)

• Thread starter Falango
  • 365 comments
7:22.593

ABS set to 1, manual transmission, all other aids turned off. I used a Dualshock 3 and drove from the cockpit view. This was done on the first lap (no warmup lap).

7:21 is very possible with all the little mistakes I made, plus I got distracted by the song that started to play on the downhill section after Hohe Acht (it was Laser Speed by Between the Buried and Me :P). I was also very careful going into Tiergarten because I had messed up there a couple of times before on good runs.

If I had a stable surface for my DFP it could be even faster.

I managed to do a time of 7:21.451 but I didn't get the trophy. After reading the post I guess I have to check my tyres.

I managed to do a time of 7:21.451 but I didn't get the trophy. After reading the post I guess I have to check my tyres.

It has to be Sports:Hard or lower tyres. I did mine in a stock GT-R by the way. I just used the one in the list of Arcade cars.

7:22.593

ABS set to 1, manual transmission, all other aids turned off. I used a Dualshock 3 and drove from the cockpit view. This was done on the first lap (no warmup lap).

7:21 is very possible with all the little mistakes I made, plus I got distracted by the song that started to play on the downhill section after Hohe Acht (it was Laser Speed by Between the Buried and Me :P). I was also very careful going into Tiergarten because I had messed up there a couple of times before on good runs.

If I had a stable surface for my DFP it could be even faster.

How 'clean' was the lap, in your opinion? Did you have to take any 'shortcuts'? More generally - how much has anyone who's beaten the time kept at least two wheels inside the track? Admittedly I only did one lap and made a fair few mistakes, I was a good 10-15 seconds off. Used a steering wheel, ABS 1, no other aids, and kept it as clean as I could. I would like to think it's possible to get the trophy with a lap that meets the WRS standards.

Will be doing this again tonight. Didn't realise you weren't allowed to do any tuning and was gutted to put in a 6min 43sec lap to not receive my trophy!

FINALLY! Wheeew I did a 7:27. This took me like 3 hours of on off playtime man it was tiring. With a PAD my fingers hurt so bad lol I use the dpad to turn.

I'll give this a shot tonight. I managed to get 7'45'' in a 100% stock Audi R8 V8 and that only has 420 some HP. I think the extra HP and torque can make up for that 16 seconds. Thankfully I kept mine stock as I like stock cars over modded - just drive them like the factory engineers intended. A purist maybe?

How 'clean' was the lap, in your opinion? Did you have to take any 'shortcuts'? More generally - how much has anyone who's beaten the time kept at least two wheels inside the track? Admittedly I only did one lap and made a fair few mistakes, I was a good 10-15 seconds off. Used a steering wheel, ABS 1, no other aids, and kept it as clean as I could. I would like to think it's possible to get the trophy with a lap that meets the WRS standards.

Sometimes I got two wheels over the narrower kerbing, like the esse before Flugplatz. There really isn't anywhere you can shortcut on this track, and if you did you would DQ anyway. Can you share replays in the game? I haven't checked yet, but if anyone wants to see it I can add you as a friend if you can. One of the things I liked about Forza 3 was the ability to share photos and replays with everyone.

i think it was late autumn when this time was set , and the track does look greasy in spots . just by setting the weather to sunny should shave loads of time off .

Will be doing this again tonight. Didn't realise you weren't allowed to do any tuning and was gutted to put in a 6min 43sec lap to not receive my trophy!

Haha, that GT-R's clearly been tinkered with. it would kind of defeat the purpose of the challenge if your were allowed to beat it with a modified car.

I've only done 2 laps so far (struggling to find time with work) and they've both been pretty sensible laps, I'm down to a 7:39. There's still plenty of time to be found though so hopefully I'll be able to knock it over if I get some time over the weekend.

This is by far the best challenge. In fact the Nordschleife itself makes this game worth while. Did a lap in the LFA last night, wow

I can do that time in a highly fettled Integra Type R that should be a piece of cake to beat :P

don't be silly. i've done 1000's of laps on this track with many games over the years and im still a few seconds off. done it with soft sports tyres and did a time of 7.17. and im not slow on this track my lap record for a road car in gt4 was 5.41 in a 911bhp r34 skyline. i did so many laps with this car i had to buy a new one as it lossed about 50 bhp even with regular oil changes. all with the old Logitech Driving Force Pro

I got 7'22'' with my purchased 2007 GT-R however I did do an oil change for the HP bump. Guess that disqualifies me too, AN OIL CHANGE.

It's much harder with the hard tyres. I am down to 7:34 but I made a couple of mistakes so with some practice I'll be there.

I'm new to GT (since prologue) and new to the Ring so I use driving line assist. Will turning the driving line assist off give you a speed advantage?

Ran 7'26.810 yesterday afternoon (ABS 1 all other aids off) with a saved spin at the last left-hander before the start/finish straight.... probably cost me 0.5 - 0.7 but i've got the trophy, and thats all that matters folks.

hey osrg, i know you from australian GT academy and you're quick! congratulations on the trophy.

I would love to see someone attempt this lap with comfort soft tyres!!!!
What a challenge that would be!!

hey osrg, i know you from australian GT academy and you're quick! congratulations on the trophy.

Cheers Lucag120, got that time on my 3rd full lap. GT5 is the first time i've ever driven the 'Ring, so i'm still getting my head around it at this stage. I've probably run about 20-25 laps overall since getting GT5, mainly in the AMG Academy, that was a good way to learn the sectors so to speak.

My mate Joshmuggo who finished on the podium in the Academy ran just the once for a 7'24.... he's a much superior steerer than i am.... so i reckon if he had a real crack he could easily go low 7'20's...

I might head back to this challenge later on down the road.....

Out of curiousity, what tires do you people consider stock on the GT-R?

I see a lot of Sports Hard, but I tend to consider those Pilot Sport Cups based on grip levels. I haven't done in depth tire analysis for GT5 yet though.

ran a 7:20.614. there's another 1.5 - 2 seconds left on the track for me but this track requires way too much concentration.

Back