GT-R Official Record (READ FIRST POST)

• Thread starter Falango
  • 365 comments
Is the official record with a standing or rolling start? This can cost/gain you a few seconds...

The GT-R time was a rolling start as was the new vette. there was video evidence on the wiki page, i'll post it if i can find it

The goal: 7:29.03
Where: Nurburgring Nordschleife
In what: 2007 Nissan GT-R

Discuss your attempts, your successes, splits, etc. Post up a pic of your trophy as proof of you earning this great achievement.

I myself haven't got a GT-R yet, but hope to have one this weekend to attempt this. Until then, I can only speculate that it will be tough. I see myself dedicating atleast 6 hours to this.

I thought the GTR official record is 7:26.70. Maybe this is based on the 2009 version which I don't believe is any different from the 2007/2008 R35. The 7:26.70 is based on the stock setup/tires and driven by the same Nissan driver par excellence, Toshio Suzuki. If the tires are stock it would be the Potenza RE070 which is probably closer to S2 than it is S1 (in GT5 tire-speak). Personally, I would run S1 rather than S2.

Here's the video of the 7:26.70 run. Another thing to take into consideration is the different START/STOP lines used for almost all Nurburgring record compare to the one used in GT5:

[YOUTUBEHD]I9KXIPCQYC4[/YOUTUBEHD]

I thought the GTR official record is 7:26.70. Maybe this is based on the 2009 version which I don't believe is any different from the 2007/2008 R35. The 7:26.70 is based on the stock setup/tires and driven by the same Nissan driver par excellence, Toshio Suzuki. If the tires are stock it would be the Potenza RE070 which is probably closer to S2 than it is S1 (in GT5 tire-speak). Personally, I would run S1 rather than S2.

Here's the video of the 7:26.70 run. Another thing to take into consideration is the different START/STOP lines used for almost all Nurburgring record compare to the one used in GT5:

[YOUTUBEHD]I9KXIPCQYC4[/YOUTUBEHD]

You're correct. It is the same car. No difference in specs from 07 till the new one in 2010.

I don't expect it to be to big a challenge, given that we dont have the fear of death when we go launching towards Flugplatz. lol

People give this excuse with even hardcore simulations, but it couldn't be farther from the truth. To think that a real race car driver leaves anything on the table due to fear is just totally false. Most of the time, for whatever reason (smoother track, grippier less realistic tires and shorter brake distances, whatever), sim times are usually faster than real world times, ranging from a few tenths of a second to full seconds, so I'm sure this time will be easily beaten.

I really with GT5 had leader boards like in Prologue...

Could someone post approximate times for each section? I did section one in 1:59 before spinning out, but I get the feeling I was way off the time.

That one was a piece of cake. I beat it by 30 seconds loafing along at 90%.

Oh wait, does it matter that I did it with the GT-R GT500? lol

I was going to try this until I found out that I don't have the Nurnburgring.

Can somebody tell me if I unlock the the track at any given level or something?

I'll update the first post with all the additional info when I get home tonight. Otherwise all these questions will get asked 50 times.

It's actually very easy to beat the official time, i did 7'26"616 with a few mistakes. When serious gamers will go after it, expect a time of around 7'20" or even less.

I just did a 7:27.926 was taking it very carefully round the track as it's not a great handler on sports hard.

I took a pic of the trophy through the PSN website a few minutes ago:

gtr.JPG

On my way to pick up my Jspec PS3 I was along side a Black GTR the majority of the way, it made the experience feel that much better. :)

Got it first attempt with a 7.28. Second lap was 7.25. Sport hard tyres.

Probably 10-20 seconds to find if you had a few hours at it.

In the GT-R story video I'm sure the guy said he did a thousand laps or something. And I'm not comparing the game to his attempts by the way, sure I heard it somewhere and I'm just mentioning it.

Last edited:
I'm currently uploading my effort to youtube. Managed a 7:28.xxx on my first lap, but it wasn't clean, so after restarting, pulled out all the stops and clocked a time of 7:18.88x

Will add link when upload is complete.

Last edited:
Does it states what driving assists are allowed? I guess it's not hard with force recovery, traction control at 100 and ABS at 200.. has anyone done it with everything off, except the ABS and i guess TC.

You're correct. It is the same car. No difference in specs from 07 till the new one in 2010.

Actually, although the car was an 09, they took the liberty of making some modifications. You can see at the beginning of the video it is wearing the lighter wheels which are from the SpecV GTR. I remember reading about some other modifications they made (possibly suspension), but I can't remember them.

Here is my clip.

All assist were OFF except ABS set to 1. Tyres were set to Sports HARD

Last edited:
im struggling with this one. got close once or twice. think im being too cautious. there are parts of the track after the half way point that i dont know well enough. i have my best ghost saved so ill keep trying

Back