GT Racing - GT1, GT3, Blancpain Endurance Series & National GT SeriesSports Cars 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Speedster502
  • 8,876 comments
  • 774,734 views
Audi just wants to show off their new R8.
 
Safety cars are totally ruining this race. :banghead:
 
Race pace has been completely irrelevant so far, it has been pure safety car position luck.
 
Wait, a moon!!!!!!!!:eek::lol:
 
I think it's time to start accepting that these cars are just a tad too quick to be shoehorning 60 onto a very fast track with drivers of vastly differing skill level.
 
I don't think the number of cars is the big issue.

-The twin SC feature just doesn't work, it has artificially split competing packs.
-The waiting for the next train after a pit stop is a joke, the cars already have to drive to a delta under yellows so why force another 2 minute loss?
-As always and just like lemans track repair takes too long.
-Tarmacking run-offs is all well and good but without drainage the areas turn into lakes and hydroplane cars into the barriers.
-You have the virtual safety car system, USE IT!!!
 
hsv
I think it's time to start accepting that these cars are just a tad too quick to be shoehorning 60 onto a very fast track with drivers of vastly differing skill level.

Don't be silly. :) With the run off tarmac over this track, there is no difference in skill level. You just go as fast as a pro round the corners but run off the track more often. :banghead:

Anyway, it seems to be mostly the pro drivers that are crashing pushing the limits.
 
And again a Ferrari takes another car out of a race.
Let's see if we get the next safety car.
 
Twinkle, twinkle, leaky Ferrari...
 
I'm betting on 7 minutes 30 seconds till the next crash.
 
It looked like the coolant system on the merc blew when the driver first tried to move it hence his abandoning it.
 
This race has been very safe for what it is, considering how much of the time safety car has lead the race.
 
Lead Audi having troubles? Perfect time for a 'highlight' reel.

The no.1. Audi had a bump in the dark and lost several laps putting it down to 40th and out of contention.
The no.7. Bentley tried to do a GT6 shortcut and got it horribly wrong and is also out. :(

Mclarens have been off pace during the night and while still in decent 6th and 7th places look to be going backwards a bit quicker then they are going forwards.
 
Last edited:
Welp, just catching up aftee watching the start and hour 18:40 ledt. Safety Car. Good thing I did some fast frowarding through most of that coverage.
 
All the live timing is broken for me...

Is everything on-board footage for now or am I missing something?
 
All on-board for the next 8 hours or so. kind of sucks.

Damn. That's 11 PM for me. I started watching around 30 minutes ago, hopefully the timing will start working soon...

Thanks 👍
 
Speaking about the timing, could someone please link up a working timing site, please?

Also, even if its not exciting to see, I really dig the flash patterns on those safety cars. Especially the one where the front lower white strobes light up at the same time. I just wish they would have same type of white strobes on the rear aswell, that way they wouldn't have to use the brake and reverse lamp flashers. Or the drl lights on the front.:D:idea::lol:
 
19998588242_5c5f1e6458_c.jpg


20011886561_6cf2f0b00c_c.jpg


20012092761_44a22b1af3_c.jpg


19384213134_f05df8d9ea_c.jpg


20006762685_963c605b9c_c.jpg


19980638096_80f561cba6_c.jpg
 
Based on stuff I've seen on Twitter, racing has been pretty insane around Spa-Francorchamps for the 24 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps. There was a brutal crash involving the #15 BMW Z4 GT. This is one crazy race. Look around on social media for "#Spa24h" for all kinds of pictures and posts.
 
Based on stuff I've seen on Twitter, racing has been pretty insane around Spa-Francorchamps for the 24 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps.

Not really... We have only recently passed more time with actual racing rather then behind a safety car.
 
Back