GT Racing - GT1, GT3, Blancpain Endurance Series & National GT SeriesSports Cars 

I really hope Erebus Motorsports can get this car in AGT. They were the first to bring over the SLS. They're keen to bring one here, but only under a customer program.

Don't watch super cars much, but became a fan of Mostert at this year's bathurst 12 hour even with his overly ambitious race ending shunt.
Hope he gets a permanent seat in Blancpain
The planets will have to align for that one.

Bit of a whack for the Ginetta in the AusGT endurance round at Phillip Island. Driver is okay but the race is currently red flagged, as officials make repairs to that tyre wall.

screenshot-www.thenationals.com.au-2018.06.03-14-37-05.png

:crazy:

Link to the live stream.

Last edited:
Aston’s new Vantage GT3 and GT4 revealed ahead of Le Mans.

GT3:

2019-Aston-Martin-Vantage-GT3-1.jpg

3_Aston_Martin_Vantage_GT3_2019.jpg

GT4:

DfolvbXWsAAPY1H

vantage_gt4_3.jpg

(Apologies if you can’t see the pics, I just copied them directly from DSC if I couldn’t find the pics’ link.)

Surprisingly, both the GT3 and GT4 look better than the GTE. Maybe it’s because of the livery on the GTE, which just looks far too flashy.

I think the new GT3 looks better than the old one because I never liked the hood vents on the old one, which doesn’t fit the car at all. Still don’t like the separate rear diffuser though. As for the GT4, while the new one doesn’t look bad, it’s still slightly worse than the old one, but I’ve always really liked the old Vantage GT4.

I must admit the rear diffuser on the GT3 is total overkill :yuck:

I hope they ban them from being this extreme & tone them down to a lot less in your face.

I understand what Aston might be going for with the GT3. Having a car that is interchangeable between GTE/GT3 seems to work for Ferrari. But I hope the diffuser is not a trend that starts in GT3.

Also: No more V12 :(:(:(

Last edited:
Is Blancpain GT series:
1) part of FIA GT series
2) successor of FIA GT series
3 independent GT series ?

Is Blancpain GT series:
1) part of FIA GT series
2) successor of FIA GT series
3 independent GT series ?
https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/about/blancpain-gt-series
Some history

2010-2012:
Since the new FIA GT1 World Championship was based on a sprint format, there was a need for an international GT endurance championship.
The Blancpain Endurance Series is launched and meets instant success with a strong level of entries for the five-race series centred around the Total 24 Hours of Spa. The Blancpain Endurance Series is the result of twenty years of motorsport experience built by the SRO Motorsports Group.

The recipe was quite simple: to bring GT3 cars to endurance racing, by setting up a convivial championship which met the requirements and expectations of teams and drivers alike. The Blancpain Endurance Series quickly becomesthe new reference point in GT racing.

After a second successful GT1 World season in 2011 with two races in China and a spectacular demonstration run in the Beijing Olympic Park, the announcement of the FIA GT World Cup as part of the newly-launched FIA World Endurance Championship cast doubts over the Championship’s future. Despite having added Russia to the calendar and running the Championship with GT3 cars, the 2012 season was difficult enough to convince SRO to drop the World title but to preserve a sprint format in GT Racing for 2013.

2013:
The Blancpain Endurance Series consolidates its reputation as the benchmark for GT3 series. The series is brought into more homes than ever, with among others, Eurosport and RTL committing significant coverage to the races.

For the international sprint series, 2013 is a transition year, during which SRO Motorsports Group proves that there was a place for such a series alongside the Blancpain Endurance Series. The FIA GT Series, run under the aegis of the RACB with an FIA title, continues in the footsteps of the FIA GT1 World and GT3 European Championships. With an average of 22 cars per event over the season and culminating in a successful and popular season finale in Baku the FIA GT Series meets all expectations.

2014:
By bringing the Blancpain Sprint Series and Blancpain Endurance Series under a common banner, the growth of GT racing in Europe continues. Both promotion and TV coverage enjoy increasing figures.

2015:
Encouraged by the success of the inaugural season, the development of the Blancpain GT Series continues, with new venues like Misano and Moscow. The introduction of prize money in the Blancpain Endurance Series sees a growing number of teams participating in both Endurance and Sprint Series.

2016:
After successfully developing their partnership through the Blancpain Endurance Series and the Blancpain Sprint Series, world-renowned Swiss watch manufacture Blancpain and the SRO Motorsports Group have decided that 2016 will see both successful Series further integrated into the Blancpain GT Series, putting the emphasis on the prestigious overall drivers' and manufacturers' titles.

With both the Blancpain GT Series Sprint Cup and Blancpain GT Series Endurance Cup now sharing the same driver categories and points system, the ten round - five sprint events and five endurace events - Blancpain GT Series season will crown the most complete of GT drivers.

A Blancpain GT Series Sprint Cup event consists of two races of one hour per event, while the Blancpain GT Series Endurance Cup races range from three-hour events through a 1000 km race to the season highlight of the Total 24 Hours of Spa, the world’s leading 24-hour race reserved for GT3 cars.

Back