GT Racing - GT1, GT3, Blancpain Endurance Series & National GT SeriesSports Cars 

Pretty sure they don't comply.

Actually, where are they eligible outside of Australia?
I believe it's still a GTC. So, can run in endurance series, as that what it's built for. MARC Cars have run with GT3 at Paul Ricard and also Laguna Seca. A Blegian team run an ex Marc Mazda3 in a GT series, I've seen it on YouTube. Sasol GTC run their GTCs with 2L turbos.

I'm sure the Mustangs will comply with the same races.

You can count me out. Would’ve been there for at least one of the races if they were at reasonable times. Tailem Bend is a decent drive from where I am, so I’ll just wait for the Supercars round.

Onboard lap of The Bend's full 7.77km GT Circuit with Fraser Ross' McLaren.

According the Aus GT twitter, the Sunday is going to be live streamed.

They got removed due to paddock space issues. Last year some of the teams were located outside of the track.
That's a sloppy effort by the organisers and/or track management.

Someone would've known well before entries opened, just how much space they had to work with in the paddock.

And they're going to stop racing and continue in the morning. Plain silly.

Yeah, what's the reasoning behind that decision? :crazy: You can really call it an eudurance race, if it's split into two parts?

At Gold Coast V8 Supercar event, majority of the supports are based in streets or car parks in the surrounding area to use for their pits. The year in was there, Carrera Cup just had everything in a street that connected to the run off of the circuit. Sounds as though it must’ve been the same for the teams in IMSA that missed out on a proper garage spot. There’s only so much for street circuits.

I don’t mind them cutting the GTD for Long Beach. Hopefully less yellows this way. It would be nice if he GTDs got their own race at LBC though.

I actually kind of like how IMSA has a small number of races that have a slightly different lineup - like how PC got to be the premier category at Limerock, and GTLM the fast boys at VIR.

Now that PC is gone, what’s happening at Limerock this year?

I went to LimeRock last year (and every year for that matter) and I have to say, much more enjoyable without the PCs, especially with them brining our cautions before the green :/

What do you guys think about GTD being cut out of IMSA at Long Beach this weekend?

Wrong thread...? Regardless, watch last year's race. It was a bit messy, to say the least. Normally I would be against dropping a class, but for Long Beach, the full IMSA field is just about at critical mass. And that's before you consider the speed differentials. Less cars should make for a better race. In theory.

Now that PC is gone, what’s happening at Limerock this year?

GT classes only. The race went caution free last year. 👍 Would recommend finding the replay.

Live feed: http://www.thenationals.com.au/

http://www.thenationals.com.au/statement-from-michael-smith-shannons-nationals-director/
With strong winds again forecast for tomorrow’s Shannons Nationals, it has been confirmed the CAMS Australian GT Championship will race on the shorter, international circuit at The Bend.

Originally scheduled for one race across Saturday and Sunday, the race will now be run solely on Sunday morning at 10:25am, with an extended overall race time of approximately two hours and 40 minutes.

Strong winds in the Adelaide area have raised a lot of dust, which has particularly impacted the 7.7km GT circuit of The Bend. This precautionary decision will ensure a strong race on Sunday. The drivers were given a chance to familiarise themselves with the 4.95km international circuit on Saturday afternoon and are looking forward to the race on Sunday.

We’ve received some great feedback from our competitors across all categories about the facilities and the racing here at The Bend and it’s been a terrific event so far. We look forward to an exciting Sunday of racing, which will also be live streamed on thenationals.com.au for those unable to make it to the venue.

A revised Sunday schedule is available here.

Back