GT Racing - GT1, GT3, Blancpain Endurance Series & National GT SeriesSports Cars 

I don’t know how you could be so involved with GT racing that you’re a commentator for the Spa 24 hr.....but you don’t watch the Daytona 24 hr.

But I’ll give them the being tired :lol:

FYI for us North American viewers, sunrise will be in about 1.5 hours from now EST time, so 2.5, and 3.5 hours respectively for the rest of the US. The good thing about being on the east coast beast coast is getting to see sunset AND sunrise on these European 24H races
Uh, it's in about 20 minutes (as of my post) everywhere. That's not even close to how time zones work.

Man I'm tired too... At least we get both. This may be an early time for the west coasters now, but sunset aired at around 9am for them so some may have missed it. This morning I watched F1 Qualifying, then F2 Race 1, then Spa 24H and now I'm just exhausted

I missed so much of the race because I worked today. I turned it on about an hour before red flag ended, watched about 1 hour of green flag lol How had the race been besides the lack of green?

FYI for us North American viewers, sunrise will be in about 1.5 hours from now EST time, so 2.5, and 3.5 hours respectively for the rest of the US. The good thing about being on the east coast beast coast is getting to see sunset AND sunrise on these European 24H races
I'm on British Summer Time, how long till sunrise?

This commentary is rediculous :lol: They can’t figure out how the NSX has done two 24hr races......

It did a full season of IMSA last year, so its done Daytona 2 times, and Sebring 2 times.

Do these guys even watch sports car racing?

I heard that and wasn't quite sure if they meant it was the first time for the NSX to do a 24 hour race period or just the first European 24 hour race.

I'm pretty sure Martin Haven has been part of the Radio LeMans crew that has broadcast the past two 24 hours of Daytona that the NSX has been in.

They're just now calling a drive through penalty for #2 Audi for causing a collision on the #90 Mercedes? That incident was like 2 hours or so ago. Why the delay in the penalty?

Not long woke up, someone give me a brief low-down, hows things been since the red flag some hours ago?

See the #23 Nissan still in the top 10, albeit 2 laps down now, and the NSX is now up to 27th, running steady still 👍.

#29 Audi gets a 10 second penalty for cutting T19 and gaining advantage...

...for avoiding some inexperienced Chinese guy (no trigger here...)

Far out, just saw pictures of the Bentley and Lamborghini involved the in the incident over night. Incredibly lucky that the Lamborghini is LHD and the Bentley is RHD, as if it had been the opposite, the outcome would’ve been tragic. Drivers with fractures but non life threatening injuries is the news so far.

Well ... in the absence of any more Jager, I've defaulted to plan B.... beer in the pub, with the race on the telebox...

IMAG1209.jpg

Celebrations or commiserations in 1 hour 16 minutes...

Total sponsored car about to win the Total Spa 24hrs.....well played by the Total marketing department :P

Edit: the brick salesmen from Norway wins the Spa 24hr, love it!!

Last edited:
Well, another action filled Spa 24 hours is done and dusted. In wanting both Nissans and Emil Frey RCF's to do well, I seem to have cursed them :lol:, #14 unlucky ealrier on with it's puncture and it's issues, and really unfortunate for #114 which suffered that huge shunt at Eau Rouge, glad they're all ok though. Seems they just didn't quite have the overall pace throughout the weekend, though a solid 13th place for the '14th will do.

Same could be said for both Nissans, #23 was running strong in the top ten earlier on, they seemed to drop away sadly towards the end. hadn't kept fully up to date with it the in last few hours, so not sure what happened to them. Hard luck for both R-Motorsport Astons, #62's race seem to fall away after being hard done by the unfortunate timing of a pit-stop after the safety car early on, never seemed to recover. #76 did amazingly well to move into the top ten from the back, dropped away a bit towards the end but still finished well. Still life in the old girl yet.

And a very solid debut for the NSX, finishing it's first European endurance/Blancpain GT race, ran steady and crucially reliable to earn a very respectable top 40 position (32nd in the end).

Overall though, big congratulations to BMW and Walkenhorst for earning their first overall win if I'm right in saying, and not a bad way to do it at the Spa 24 hours. Perhaps a surprising win given the expectation of the Audi's and Mercs, and Porsche's for that matter to run strong, and a BMW 1-2 as well, great stuff. Plus it stopped it being an Audi-Merc domination, so can't complain there :P. Great race on the whole though, showing why it's one of the better long-distance endurance races outside of Le Man, and very much one of the best GT races in the world.

Last edited:
Walkenhorst Motorsport really earned it at their debut, they drove really well. Another win for Philipp Eng after 2016. IIRC Christian Krognes is the first norwegian driver to win the Spa 24h.

Glad that all drivers and marshalls are ok after the incidents, also in the Super Trofeo accident.

Walkenhorst Motorsport really earned it at their debut, they drove really well. Another win for Philipp Eng after 2016. IIRC Christian Krognes is the first norwegian driver to win the Spa 24h.

Glad that all drivers and marshalls are ok after the incidents, also in the Super Trofeo accident.
Is he also the first brick salesmen to win the Spa 24hr? I imagine it would be pretty difficult to focus at work the week after winning the Spa 24 :lol:

Congrats to the BMW's on the 1-2 finish. So many hours of red flag and safety car running. But still it's Spa and a 24 hour race at Spa is always a good thing.

Back