GT Racing - GT1, GT3, Blancpain Endurance Series & National GT SeriesSports Cars 

Races this weekend at misano we're amazing. Constant action. Talk about sending it from Vanthoor and Van Der Linde! Audi doing well

Shame about the Lexus in Race 1. Pole position, led after the first stint, Panis gets in and immediately the car breaks down.

Shame about the Lexus in Race 1. Pole position, led after the first stint, Panis gets in and immediately the car breaks down.

Very bad luck! Its nice to see the Lexus competitive this year. It was in no mans mans last year. They were strong in race 3 until and Audi sent that **** like a rocket lol on the Bentley and the Bentley smoked the Lexus.

Very bad luck! Its nice to see the Lexus competitive this year. It was in no mans mans last year. They were strong in race 3 until and Audi sent that **** like a rocket lol on the Bentley and the Bentley smoked the Lexus.

I haven't watched Races 2 & 3 yet. Probably this weekend I'll get to them. AVS needs tell the European team their secrets from the IMSA cars and how they've improved them so much.

Things are not looking good for SRO America's GT3 class as this weekends round at Road America only has 6 entries. Hopefully they can get it turned around as I'm not sure GT4 is enough to keep it afloat.

https://sportscar365.com/sro/sro-america/world-challenge-america/six-car-entry-for-road-america/

It’s hard to believe that there aren’t enough cars in the US to support 2 big championships, seeing how many cars race in Europe in the various series.

Obviously, the US have a huge disadvantage in terms of geography when it comes to travel time and costs compared to Europe. Even if we discount the possibly 2 largest national series (British GT and GT Masters), GT World Challenge Europe covers a significantly smaller geographical space compared to its US counterpart.

We'll, I guess this goes here now...
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2020/09/19/gt-regulations-confirmed-2021-dtm-audi-bmw-leave-itr/

I'd rather they use GT4 regulations. It'd be closer to the production cars of the past series.

DTM has always been the playground of the German manufacturers, I can't see GT4 being used there, even though I adore the category. I'm not sure about this whole GT3+ or however it's called thing. Merc and BMW won't do any changes to their cars, Audi hasn't said they would modify the R8 LMS just said they support the direction. By getting rid of Class One which was always a cul de sac in my eyes I can't see DTM's relevance with GT cars directly. DTM was always something different, that made it unique. I'd hate to see the GT Masters suffer from it, Berger and ITR also brought in the DTM Trophy to bring potential split in the the German GT4 scene. Obviously, DTM is all about sprint races but I would much rather have the following
scenario:

- DTM and ADAC agree to conduct a joint series
- Saturday: 2 sprint races a la DTM (max 40-45 minutes, rolling starts to avoid potential clutch issues and development costs, not sure about pitstops, potentially the 2 drivers would split the sprint races)
- Sunday: 1 endurance race (IMSA-like 2 hours 40 mins, maybe 3 hours) or keeping the 2 1-hour races with driver changes
- GT4 fields combined

I think there was even another GT3 series during the last DTM race meetings, the German GT3 scene will be severely split up if this continues. I think that this smaller series is still viable for smaller teams who want to run their cars in a cheaper series, potentially cars that are not the latest ones but having DTM and GT Masters separately... I don't feel too many good vibes...

With the ADAC TCR categories(yes, VW+AUDI persuing electrification), even though BMW aren't represented, I still feel GT4 is closest to what represents those markets.

New M3/M4, Alfa Guilia QV(Alfa did race in DTM), etc. There's a case for those models.

I agree, GT3 is customer ready. So is GT4. DTM-GT3 could still enter Super GT300 and other GT3 series around the world.

Anyway, keeping DTM as a domestic product, I'd rather they not tune the cars out of current GT3 regulations. It's what made Group A work in that era.

Back