GT Racing - GT1, GT3, Blancpain Endurance Series & National GT SeriesSports Cars 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Speedster502
  • 8,876 comments
  • 774,828 views
Just checking the radar on the BOM app and it’s looking a bit ominous.
 
That real dark spot is a bit worrying.

 
The red patch next to Cowra looked to be heading right to Bathurst before it started to head downwards. I’ve got a feeling that really nasty looking patch will do the same thing. Looking at the radar it’s not moving super fast so I don’t know if it will make it in time, although the wind at the track is getting wild.
 
FFS Bentley... They just can't catch a break.
 
FFS Bentley... They just can't catch a break.

They were lucky that it happened where it did. Would have been disaster if it went earlier in the lap.
 
They might get away with that? Bathurst throwing up another classic.

Sky is starting to look really dark.
 
Would’ve been nice if the blow out slowed held them up just a little more so we could have a dicey three way fight.

Edit: Make the two way. Thought the #60 McLaren was battling the #999 Mercedes.
 
888 only took 2 tires... very interesting strategy.
 
Unless the rain comes down Malaysian moonsoon style, with the amount of time left I don't think it's worth switching to rains.

999 with a puncture!
 
Finally a Bentley win at the mountain. :)
 
Finally some luck for Bentley in this race, about time. Well deserved victory.
 
Feels like a long time coming for Bentley after coming so close multiple times in the last few years. Fantastic drive from the Bentley Boys, absolutely unrivalled for most of the race.
 
30 second penalty for the 999 Mercedes for pitstop infringement, which means they go from 2nd to 6th.
 
The Big M8 Boi and Boatley take 2020's first big 2 races! :gtpflag:
 
Finally. If it wasn't going to be the Nissan, this was the best possible result for me.
 
This was a pretty good race from what I saw last night.

Even more fun was the live chat on YouTube also had the actual Lando Norris watching as well.
 
Only watched about four hours before I needed sleep, but went to bed hoping the best for the "British" brands...

I think waking up to a Bentley win is the nicest result any GT3 fan could want. It's just so cool still that the car exists.
 
Caught up with the highlights a few moments ago. I knew from the small bit of live coverage I watched last night that the #7 Bentley was looking strong, but seeing Gounon bring the car to the line brought a small tear to my eye.

Well done, Bentley Boys!
 
Did the 999 get a penalty?

Yes it got a 30 second penalty on that last emergency pitstop for the right rear puncture. As the car was coming down off the jack stands the rear wheel started turning. Either they didn't turn the engine off during the stop or they started it while it was still up in the air I don't know which it was but they got a penalty for it.
 
Back