GT Racing - GT1, GT3, Blancpain Endurance Series & National GT SeriesSports Cars 

20 minutes done and so far only one spin that was self-caused. Pretty calm starting phase for this race.

Edit: well, and here's the 1st FCY, althought seems unclear right now for what.

Edit2: First hour ending, as the race is still under FCY after an accident at Radillion involving 4 cars (Rutronik-Porsche #21 driven by Estre, Iron-Lynx-Ferrari #71 driven by Rigon, Emil-Frey-Lamborghini #114 driven by Aitken, Emil-Frey-Lamborghini #163 driven by Perera). All four drivers were sent to the medical center and so far there have been no replays or live pictures from the scene of the accident.
And news just came in from the race director: Estre and Perera are fine. Rigon and Aitken are being transported to the hospital with no life-threatening injuries.

Edit3: Safety Car now on track. Seems that the race is going to go green again soon.

Edit4: Commentators reporting that rain started, right as the race is going green again.

Last edited:
Hearing also that there was a gigantic smash at brands hatch earlier too. I'm not sure that ones going to have as good as a result sadly. May be one for the Admin to be aware of.

Roo
That sadly was to be expected. Condolences to his friends and family and nothing but the best for them in this hard time.

Looking at Spa, Davide Rigon has been declared unhurt and fine, according to his team. Still no news about Jack Aitken and if he has sustained any injuries.

Roo
Honestly, jail time for the drivers involved would feel like justice served in this case.

I'm not even trying to say it like it should often be considered in fatal accidents, however there's a colossal difference between someone being completely unable to avert a deadly incident (see the Tomizawa and Simoncelli fatalities in MotoGP) and this humongously classless and careless driving that had a predictable consequence. Kinda like the stupid **** that the likes of Kyle Busch would pull off when heated, except with an actual major consequence.

Last edited:
I've seen the crash at Radillion but I'm not going to post the video as we don't know the severity of Jack Aitken's injuries. However I must say that this section of track is too dangerous in it's current state. How many major accidents have we seen at Radillion in the recent past? Too many I say. Something must be done to reduce the severity of these crashes or there will be another death. Didn't we learn anything from Anthoine's crash?

However I must say that this section of track is too dangerous in it's current state.
There needs to be a switch at the marshal's stand that they can hit if an accident happens at the top of the hill, that flashes lights at the bottom to let drivers know there is a car blocking the track.

Last edited:
2022 World Challenge America & Europe schedules are out.

The TBA is rumored to be the new Ozarks International Raceway in Missouri.

Last edited:
My favorite team WRT, with car #32, Vanthoor and Weerts win the sprint cup and combined honors.

With 2 races to go!

2021-09-26-05-15-0692234136.jpg

Watching GT2 and GT1 was so exciting, GT3 is good, no doubt, but I really missed those monsters. Do anyone have some hi-res pictures of 935 from GT1 race at Catalonia, and if the team has it a twitter page?

Old news, but guess this fits here.

The MARC Cars concept was born in 2013, when respected motorsport engineer Ryan McLeod built the first prototype – a Ford Focus body, powered by a 5.0 Litre Ford Coyote V8 engine. Over the following years, further MARC Cars were constructed, including versions with a Mazda3 bodyshell.

In 2018, MARC Cars Australia launched the MARC II V8, the second-generation model featuring a more powerful 5.2L version of the Coyote V8 along with other updates such as a Mustang inspired full carbon body, paddle-shift operated Albins 6-speed transaxle gearbox and GT-style aerodynamics.

Ryan McLeod sold the successful MARC Cars Australia business in 2020, to long-time racer and enthusiast Geoff Taunton, with experienced team manager Alyson Fradgley overseeing day-to-day operations.

Taunton said the move to a dedicated grid is the next step in catering for MARC Cars Australia’s growing customer base.

“As a local operation, we pride ourselves on building close relationships with our customers and catering for their specific needs,” Taunton said.

“A lot of our customers enjoy endurance racing and some have competed at premier races in this country, like the Bathurst 12 Hour, as well as taking their cars overseas and competing in some of the world’s most prestigious international events.

“Locally, there was a desire from our car owners to race exclusively against people with identical equipment, so we’re very appreciative the AMRS has enabled us to run a category exclusively for MARC Cars in 2022.

“Of course, owners of MARC Cars will be able to continue racing in Super GT Australia if they so desire.”

Fradgley said the 2022 MARC Cars Australia Series will include both MARC I and II models on the eligibility list.

“We’ll be opening the field up to both Marc I and II vehicles competing for their own championship within separate classes, as well as giving our competitors plenty of track time with multiple practice sessions and 60min races over the weekend,” Fradgley said.

Brett Hobson has updated GT-R's for the '22 Aus GT season. He's purchased the GT-R from Nissan Aus that finished second at the 2016 Bathurst 12hr.

Last edited:
Back