GT Series could learn from Forza

• Thread starter vass0131
  • 188 comments
Vass_sCo
First off i am not trying to start a fan boy war or to say one is better than the other they are two different aproache's to a driving based game.

Having played both games from early versions there is some things in Forza that could really improve GT.

Livery's & Editor.

Manufacturer Races Remember Carvalho Ferrari challenge ?.

The Sound of the cars.

DLC packs worth buying Porsche pack for example. (Forza maybe had too many)

Dev's racing and talking to the community and rewarding players with rare cars and even DLC for beating them or just driving with them and for even watching one of them create a custom livery.

Perhaps the question should be 'What could Forza learn from GT'?

Stargazing.

One example being improving the Car / Track Roster when releasing sequels.

They went for quality over quantity. I don't necessarily agree with the decision, but I respect the strive for consistency more than I respect importing a bunch of PS2 cars as they were in order to print 1k cars at the back of the box.

Last edited:
Forza has good sounds initially but when you look deep into it there isn't fluctuation from gear to gear every gear sounds the same as you go up in speed and you can't hear much surrounding noises such as wind noise along with the exhaust noise the way GT6 does it.

Also some sounds are actually off in Forza and some cars sound similar.

For me. All GT needs is better engine sounds and AI pretty much. What Forza should do is go back to the way it was like Forza 1 and 2, how GT remains its old self but adds new stuff to the table. I don't really like what Forza has become and where its heading to be honest, Forza 1 imo was my most favorite out of the WHOLE Forza series along with 2 (wish I tried it though).

No. The best question to ask is, "What can GT and Forza learn from each other?"

Its the best question, but its one both are unlikely to answer as they arent direct competitors. Make either game available for both consoles and you'll see some big improvements in a hurry. As it stands, both suffer from the "Madden" disease of lack of competition. Though I say Forza has more fire because its the newer guy on the block and has to prove itself.

A couple of things that Gt could pickup from Forza would be Leader Boards and the ability to pause during test drive and make tweaks to the settings. These are the features that I miss the most when playing GT

Another thing would be the options to filter the allowed cars in an online lobby by several different factors at the same time, example
Example: Muscle Car, FR, 500PP, <500HP, < 1975

There are a lot of things Forza could learn from GT but that is another topic.

I don't agree with livery editor which is that extended because I don't want to see anime drift cars everywhere. I also don't agree with DLC packs cause since GT is a first party title, we get some DLC for free. The DLC which is not free is appropriately priced for the content.

I also don't agree with someone who said that FM5 went for quality over quantity. FM5 was dumbed down from what they showed on E3 compared to the final release. Also, having all the cars painted with extreme amounts of glossy paint and having overblown graphics does not necessarily create a more realistic environment. Life outside is not this colorful...

I do agree with the sounds. Although PD is slowly getting there (Historic Race cars sound awesome, 787B, X2014 Jr. etc.) we still have some way to go.

The only good things from Forza like the car list (when it comes to variety and less "repetitive" cars) and the livery editor (they nailed it) should be taken in consideration.
Sounds for me are awful in Forza, yet way better than GT,... for better examples I rather use actual real life sounds or Simbin games and iRacing in some cases.

The rest is a copy and paste from Gran Turismo just with more of "the American touch". (for some can be good and for some bad)

I personally prefer the style of PD, that classic and classy touch with menus and music, how everything flows and how they try to teach us how to drive and take care of our cars.

Add realistic sounds to GT for once, the livery editor that sure will come and then revamp the list of cars for the next game...and done. (of course reorganize the structure in the career mode, though I like it how they did it in GT6)

PD is listening to us...we just need to be patient. (Take notes of the date, lol)

Autovista is spectacular. With all the detail that is within all of the premium cars in GT6, why this feature or something similar to it was not included in the game is beyond me.

It is ironic though that before Autovista even existed there was a way to interact with the cars in Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed. (PC) You could open the engine bay, doors, hood, etc. Autovista went above and beyond that, it's certainly a feature that will be well received for GT6 or any future iteration of the GT series.

Autovista is spectacular. With all the detail that is within all of the premium cars in GT6, why this feature or something similar to it was not included in the game is beyond me.

It is ironic though that before Autovista even existed there was a way to interact with the cars in Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed. (PC) You could open the engine bay, doors, hood, etc. Autovista went above and beyond that, it's certainly a feature that will be well received for GT6 or any future iteration of the GT series.

It is just sad that EA did not build on what they had with Porsche Unleashed. That was such a great game for its time, if only they would have stayed on that track and kept making improvements to it. I would have likely never played GT or Forza.

Of course the Auto Vista stuff looks cool but I do not care for it and think they would have been better off investing that effort in other things.

It is just sad that EA did not build on what they had with Porsche Unleashed. That was such a great game for its time, if only they would have stayed on that track and kept making improvements to it. I would have likely never played GT or Forza.

Of course the Auto Vista stuff looks cool but I do not care for it and think they would have been better off investing that effort in other things.
I agree 1000%. Most of the tracks if not all of them were Point to Point tracks. For it's day there was no comparison, very good memories of that game for sure. Autobahn, Shwarzwald, Pyrenees..Oh man..

I spent some time, rather wasted time doing those races to unlock those couple of hidden cars, which you could only look at and not use, seemed pointless.

GT can learn from Forza 4, not 5 please. I think Forza was the better game over the XBOX 360 / PS3 generation. Heck, even the original Forza was fantastic on the old XBOX. The way Forza has gone now with 5 smells like nothing but greed and deception, I'm truly disappointed. If FM5 was as good as FM4 there would be an Xbone in my house now, instead I'm thinking of picking up a PS3 to play GT6. Forza took over GT and now GT is sort of returning (but I do believe PD missed a golden opportunity here, let's hope GT7 is going to be what GT5 and FM5 always should've been).

Back