GT Series could learn from Forza

• Thread starter vass0131
  • 188 comments
I have seen tons of people saying that GT6 needs the AI/Drivatars from FM5. Trust me, they may look good and seem like they actually put up a fight, but that is no where near what they actually do. Yes, they put up a fight, if you consider a fight trying to ram you off the road, spin you out, wedge you against the wall, brake and continue to brake after they have you trapped behind them, plow into the rear end of your car mid-turn, etc... The drivatars in FM5 seem to have no idea that there are other cars on track with them (some don't even realize there is a track). GT6's AI gives the impression that they know what a race is and how they are done. They at least attempt to avoid hitting you (at least for me).
Agree. This is something that "sounds" so cool that it couldn't be anything but great. But in practice, it isn't great at all. From what I saw it was actually a bad thing. The time spend coding the Drivatars should have been spent coding good AI.
But, again, it sounds like such a great idea. Perhaps it will get tweaked over time.

Really? I was under the impression the new XB1 controller was all digital. My bad.
Either way, the Right and Left Triggers for gas and brake didn't feel as true as R2 and L2 for the PS3.

Well, if you couldn't tell the difference between digital and analogue just by using them you're hardly in the best position to give your feedback on which feels better...

Well, if you couldn't tell the difference between digital and analogue just by using them you're hardly in the best position to give your feedback on which feels better...
If you can't spell analog are you in position to question what it feels like to me when I use an XBox One controller versus a PS3 controller? For whatever reason, the (digital) triggers on the XB1 controller do not give me the feel the PS3 triggers do. Perhaps to others they're perfect.

If you can't spell analog are you in position to question what it feels like to me when I use an XBox One controller versus a PS3 controller? For whatever reason, the (digital) triggers on the XB1 controller do not give me the feel the PS3 triggers do. Perhaps to others they're perfect.

You know how the world consists of more than just the good ol' U.S. of A? :rolleyes:

I spell English words correctly using British English, which is correct for the country I was born in and reside. The American English spelling is different. You'll find this is the case for a LOT of words. I suggest you get off your high horse right now.

You know that when your argument consists of critiquing someone's spelling (wrongly!) that you don't actually have a leg to stand on. So you can't tell the difference between analogue and digital. Big whoop, I doubt you'd be the first.

You know how the world consists of more than just the good ol' U.S. of A? :rolleyes:

I spell English words correctly using British English, which is correct for the country I was born in and reside. The American English spelling is different. You'll find this is the case for a LOT of words. I suggest you get off your high horse right now.

You know that when your argument consists of critiquing someone's spelling (wrongly!) that you don't actually have a leg to stand on. So you can't tell the difference between analogue and digital. Big whoop, I doubt you'd be the first.
Unless you've seen specs indicating something different, everything I've seen on the XB1 controller actually says the paddles are digital.

Either way, it feels less responsive. Why you'd pick my opinion to critique on a board full of them is beyond me.

If you can't spell analog are you in position to question

54267_original.gif

Unless you've seen specs indicating something different, everything I've seen on the XB1 controller actually says the paddles are digital.

Source, please.

Why you'd pick my opinion to critique on a board full of them is beyond me.

Yep. Absolutely nothing differentiates your opinion from most others.

Oh wait, except that yours is objectively wrong.

Really? I was under the impression the new XB1 controller was all digital. My bad.
Either way, the Right and Left Triggers for gas and brake didn't feel as true as R2 and L2 for the PS3.
So here you clearly tell us that you have tested at one point in time analog and digital. Clearly you show no throttle control or various other uses for different games, as you are full on or off.
Because one is pressure sensitive and the other reacts off of contact between the ports.
Analogue, colour, theatre, or whatever, there are many English words transformed. Look up etymology or some of these words and you see where Middle English and old English contributed to our language, not to mention old Saxon-Germanic stuff..

Either way, it feels less responsive. Why you'd pick my opinion to critique on a board full of them is beyond me.
It feels less responsive because it's not pressure sensitive. Sorta like the old meme "push harder to jump higher" for Mario... Well that was all true. Do it on a keyboard at free Mario dot org or something and you'll see what the differences are.

I have seen tons of people saying that GT6 needs the AI/Drivatars from FM5. Trust me, they may look good and seem like they actually put up a fight, but that is no where near what they actually do. Yes, they put up a fight, if you consider a fight trying to ram you off the road, spin you out, wedge you against the wall, brake and continue to brake after they have you trapped behind them, plow into the rear end of your car mid-turn, etc... The drivatars in FM5 seem to have no idea that there are other cars on track with them (some don't even realize there is a track). GT6's AI gives the impression that they know what a race is and how they are done. They at least attempt to avoid hitting you (at least for me).

And also to those of you saying you don't want a livery editor because of anime drift cars or people ruining cars, simply make your own liveries.... I've only found a few drift cars with anime characters on them (which were done fantastically). The livery editor isn't that hard to figure it out, so just make your own liveries if you are worried about people ruining cars.

There are hardly any positives about GT6 AI, possibly none. From the very first time you witnessed the rubber-banding, if your serious about racing, realism or even how they tried to market this game to us. Then surely this, with no option to turn it off is just plain wrong.

I wont even go into the sounds for what is supposed to be "The Real Driving Simulator"

If i want to hear a virtual V12, V8, V6, inline- 4. The best is still by a country mile Forza.

You don't even have to try and seek them out, like they are some type of mystical unicorns. loool

Back