GT Series track list is getting STALE

I'm still yet to hear why having Abu Dhabi, Singapore and Montreal tracks (for example) in GTS would somehow be boring...

Abu Dhabi and Singapore are "Modern" F1 tracks, but look like they would be fun to drive in almost any car, and also they are not included in any of the other games.

I agree that SOME of the F1 tracks would be boring in anything other than an F1 car, but not all of them... besides, we have F1 cars in GTS/GT7 right? ... yet somehow it's still a bad idea...

I guess the peeps at PD follow your logic, not mine.

For me the correct argument is that, GT for a car culture game with a big variety in cars, has a track list is too focused on wide circuits.

We need more point to point tracks definitely, tracks that force you to stay in low speed and tracks to enjoy with smaller and slower cars. I just loved racing with kei cars ❤️, Cappuccino RM was one of my favorite cars!!

man if someone thinks the GT track list is stale, imagine adding in the same 22-odd tracks from every other game into it.

F1 tracks are boring for everything that isn't an F1 car.
YOU WILL GET THE GT3/F1/WEC CIRCUTS ONLY AND YOU WILL LIKE IT. :mad: /s
I'm still yet to hear why having Abu Dhabi, Singapore and Montreal tracks (for example) in GTS would somehow be boring...

Abu Dhabi and Singapore are "Modern" F1 tracks, but look like they would be fun to drive in almost any car, and also they are not included in any of the other games.

I agree that SOME of the F1 tracks would be boring in anything other than an F1 car, but not all of them... besides, we have F1 cars in GTS/GT7 right? ... yet somehow it's still a bad idea...
At least in my case, it's less "this track sucks if you're not going elventy-seven hundred miles an hours" and more "some variety to work with besides the same usual suspects" when talking about tracks being boring.

Excluding Silverstone, haven't mentioned that I'd be happy if it wasn't included in a while so I'm long overdue. :sly:

Excluding Silverstone, haven't mentioned that I'd be happy if it wasn't included in a while so I'm long overdue. :sly:
Haaahaa... Yeah your explanation makes more sense, but still not enough to exclude tracks like Abu Dhabi, Singapore and Montreal that aren't in other games and therefore would provide some variety to work with... Ever done a lap of Abu Dhabi in a Gr2 car?

Well GT, for me, is a racing game with a relaxed vibe and quite some heritage. It has been around more then 20 years. If I am honest I would like to see a nice mix of old and new. I absolutely would love to see Grand Valley Speedway and Apricot Hill in GT7 at the cost of a Silverstone or LeMans. I guess it depends on what GT means for you as a game. Sim racing I do with ACC. Just having fun with cars and track (and graphics) I do with GT. As for new tracks, let’s just say PD hasn’t been able to create truly iconic new tracks, so I don’t really care.
Dragontrail, Maggiore, and Sainte Croix are some of the best they ever made, imo.

Haaahaa... Yeah your explanation makes more sense, but still not enough to exclude tracks like Abu Dhabi, Singapore and Montreal that aren't in other games and therefore would provide some variety to work with... Ever done a lap of Abu Dhabi in a Gr2 car?
We know the only reason you're saying Yas Marina is due to your location, because that track is almost always voted by fans and drivers as being one of the worst of the season for racing quality.

Singapore would be a fun one though.

Last edited:
We know the only reason you're saying Yas Marina is due to your location, because that track is almost always voted by fans and drivers as being one of the worst of the season for racing quality.

Singapore would be a fun one though.
Hmm, I wasn't aware of that... The last race there was pretty exciting

Other than legacy tracks returning, maybe with PD’s focus on GT3 for the sport aspect, we’ll see new tracks that feature GT3 racing. A good thing about many of those wide open circuits, replays and photoshoots. Driving many of the classics in the game are too slow for Fuji’s long straight, but it gives more time to look at those cars. I guess…

Imagine laserscanning tracks for ultimate realism is a thing whilst gamepad players become the driving dynamics professors.... I hope PD can make GT7 more of a sim, dont care if pad players will suffer, they have huge handicap already. Tracks can obviously be made good enough for a virtual purpose by "just" modeling them. If it makes them so proud then put a sign over tracks that are scanned. Id imagine most players would find huge satisfaction from being able to drive around local tracks in their countries. Trackbuilder functionality might be able to do this too, but a talented modeler should be able to squeeze out one track a week no problem. Lets hope GT7 will be the game we have longed for. The real world track list in GTS is pathetic. The fantasy tracks and the fact they have a reversed duplicate.... Give me a break...
You are putting too much expectations that will never happen.

As a Forza fan i expected Forza Motorsport to lean more on becoming a proper motorsport game. Im still waiting to be honest.

You literally waiting on something that will never happen.

Last edited:
I can say from real life experience that Singapore is... fun, even in a Honda Fit Hybrid.

Road surface is garbage, odd bumps and roughness everywhere. No runoff. Also helps that most people here can't drive to save their lives.

BUT, the scenery here is amazing. One small perk of being in such a densely populated country is that all of our landmarks have to be squeezed into a tighter landmass. There's so much to see around Marina Bay Circuit, and it really changes in vibe with time of day.

I know I'm biased as a local, but I would pay stupid amounts of money to see Marina Bay Circuit in a future Gran Turismo game, especially with dynamic time of day and weather. I'm not holding my breath, though, because a large part of the circuit is public roads and closing them for scanning would cost PD an obscene amounts of money. I wonder if PD will use the scan data as–is if they did run a scan of the circuit here, or try to simulate a more race prepped surface?

I think someone mentioned sections of track. Maybe a different thread. Anyway, that would give us options. The same way some members have suggested being able to use any car for Circuit Exoerience, every track should have sectors available for selection. Then, we’d have our touges and eat them too.

There are a lot of tracks in GT7 that I choose not to drive on outside of the career mode events:
-All layouts of St Croix (6)
-Northern Isle Speedway (1)
-All layouts of Tokyo Expressway (6)
-Fisherman's Ranch (2)
-Colorado Springs (2)
-All layouts of Blue Moon Bay (6)
-All layouts of Alsace (4)
-Sardegna Windmills (2)
-Broad Bean Raceway (2)

Notice how all of them are "original" circuits from GT Sport. They are a waste of space; a cheap way of padding out the track list to make the game seem bigger than what it is. I want GOOD tracks that are fun and exciting, not bland and boring ones without any notable landmarks. I want tracks like Imola, Okuyama, Motegi, Midfield, New York, El Capitan, Silverstone, Road Atlanta, Road America, Tokyo R246, Apricot Hill, Grand Valley, Algarve, Kyalami, Donnington, Long Beach, Opera Paris, Sydney Motorsport Park and Dijon. I would drive on these tracks all the time because they're INTERESTING and have something called CHARACTER. The track list quality on the whole is average and that disappoints me.

I can say from real life experience that Singapore is... fun, even in a Honda Fit Hybrid.

Road surface is garbage, odd bumps and roughness everywhere. No runoff. Also helps that most people here can't drive to save their lives.

BUT, the scenery here is amazing. One small perk of being in such a densely populated country is that all of our landmarks have to be squeezed into a tighter landmass. There's so much to see around Marina Bay Circuit, and it really changes in vibe with time of day.

I know I'm biased as a local, but I would pay stupid amounts of money to see Marina Bay Circuit in a future Gran Turismo game, especially with dynamic time of day and weather. I'm not holding my breath, though, because a large part of the circuit is public roads and closing them for scanning would cost PD an obscene amounts of money. I wonder if PD will use the scan data as–is if they did run a scan of the circuit here, or try to simulate a more race prepped surface?
As you live in Singapore, could you tell me if there is any contractual impediment, if there is any exclusivity agreement with FOM or the circuit royalties belong to the local authorities? Would it be possible for PD to take Singapore to GT7?

Last edited:
Dragontrail, Maggiore, and Sainte Croix are some of the best they ever made, imo.
And they don't even use Sainte Croix in the game, like at all... Thers like... 1 world circuits race on it... (just like Dragon Trail Seaside) And thats just on 1 of the layouts... All the rest is just there only to do custom races on... Its baffling (ofc not the only circuit where this is the case, Kyoto is another track like that).

They can't even use all the track content they have in the game properly right now.... Then they add Spa 24h and now that track has 6-7 world circuit races.... That amount should be bloody standard for every damn track, especially ones with multiple layouts (regular AND reverse, which arnt used either)..... Ugh.

Last edited:
Does GT7 have a single track that hasnt been in the series before?

I've said it before, the tracklist is super disappointing in how predictable it is.

Honestly the only thing that can save this tracklist is if PD pulls Isle of Man out of thin air as a last minute surprise.

To add to famous North American tracks that are long overdue,

Long Beach Street Course
Sebring
Watkins Glen

At minimum Road Atlanta, Road America, Indianapolis, Watkins Glen and Sebring should be added. Huge history at all those tracks

And lets not even get started with how PD cant seem to carry over all the core original tracks. Why did Grand Valley go missing? SSR5 and SSR11? Why is High Speed Ring just now coming back? I just dont get some of the decisions being made here.
Isle of Man is a bike circuit though

And they don't even use Sainte Croix in the game, like at all... Thers like... 1 world circuits race on it... (just like Dragon Trail Seaside) And thats just on 1 of the layouts... All the rest is just there only to do custom races on... Its baffling (ofc not the only circuit where this is the case, Kyoto is another track like that).

They can't even use all the track content they have in the game properly right now.... Then they add Spa 24h and now that track has 6-7 world circuit races.... That amount should be bloody standard for every damn track, especially ones with multiple layouts (regular AND reverse, which arnt used either)..... Ugh.
I'm sure as more content is added more championships will come and use the existing as well as new tracks.

I'm sure as more content is added more championships will come and use the existing as well as new tracks.
Add that to the list of things you've been sure of and haven't happened, I guess.

There is no excuse for the current lack of events. None.

A lot more already exist. They're just holding them back to drip feed them.

n7mfeei30kx81.jpg

image-1-31-800x450.jpg

Last edited:
I believe Gran Turismo 7 needs some new tracks.
Not dozens of them, but some new ones definitely yes.

No one can deny the fact that's the first game in the series without new tracks introduced. Yet it's the second title with more time gap to the title before (4y and half), only surpassed by the time between GT4 and GT5 (about 6 years). Yes, I'm being nice and not considering HD Concept, GT5 Prologue and GT PSP in between those two title.
From GT4 to GT5, apart from the jump from PS2 to PS3, he had as new tracks Daytona, Indianapolis, Monza, Top Gear Test Track and also fictional in Rome, in Madrid and Cape Ring. Via DLC we had Spa, Route X and the kart circuits also.

The only thing remotely close to new circuits where the old classics remastered. Which is a poor excuse as the amount of manpower and computing power to finalize all the details of a fictional track goes nowhere close to the ones to a real world track.

Still down understand why they insist on dirt racing, when everybody realized ages ago PD can't make it work and goes worst every title than before and focus on more circuit racing content instead.

The truth is that GT Sport was the GT Prologue of GT7. This is evident, precisely because the roster of cars and circuits is basically the same. There was only an aesthetic and organizational change, in gamedesign. And the situation is even more embarrassing because in four and a half years PD only produced, officially, four circuits and eighty cars to make available on the release date of the new game.

As users in the other posts have said, PD's production pace is strangely slow. From the point of view of comparison with other developers, which do not have the budget, time and exclusive dedication to a single platform, the situation is even more bizarre. The amount of real and new circuits that the Ride 3 and 4 games, as well as Project Cars 2 and 3, present is incredibly high.

Last edited:
Well, Project Cars 2 also had a lot of its tracks not scanned, some were drone scanned and not laser scanned, while all real world tracks in GT since GT6 are laser scanned, so GT has chosen quality over quantity in that regard.
They may be laser scanned, but PD have thrown away the main benefit of laser scanning a track by deciding to make all their asphalt surfaces smooth as glass. The exit of the first chicane at Monza for instance is quite bumpy, this is accurately represented in, say, ACC, but in GT it's completely flat. What's the point of doing a laser scan when you ignore the data you get from it?

There are a lot of tracks in GT7 that I choose not to drive on outside of the career mode events:
-All layouts of St Croix (6)
-Northern Isle Speedway (1)
-All layouts of Tokyo Expressway (6)
-Fisherman's Ranch (2)
-Colorado Springs (2)
-All layouts of Blue Moon Bay (6)
-All layouts of Alsace (4)
-Sardegna Windmills (2)
-Broad Bean Raceway (2)

Notice how all of them are "original" circuits from GT Sport. They are a waste of space; a cheap way of padding out the track list to make the game seem bigger than what it is. I want GOOD tracks that are fun and exciting, not bland and boring ones without any notable landmarks. I want tracks like Imola, Okuyama, Motegi, Midfield, New York, El Capitan, Silverstone, Road Atlanta, Road America, Tokyo R246, Apricot Hill, Grand Valley, Algarve, Kyalami, Donnington, Long Beach, Opera Paris, Sydney Motorsport Park and Dijon. I would drive on these tracks all the time because they're INTERESTING and have something called CHARACTER. The track list quality on the whole is average and that disappoints me.
This makes no sense. You say "cheap" and "padding" as if there was any less effort put into these than any other tracks you didn't condemn, like Trial Mountain or Deep Forest. Those have no more of what you want than the other tracks you listed.

St. Croix is not only a fun and challenging track, but it also has many notable features and layouts. Crossing the bridge, crazy elevation changes, the high speed sweeper with a mid corner bump where the asphalt meets... What could possibly be "boring" about it? It literally encompasses all of the things you claim to want.

Alsace is much of the same, lots of elevation changes, several interesting layouts, high speed corners, low speed ones, lush scenery, it's challenging and rewarding etc..

You mentioned ALL of the rally tracks, so just say you don't like rally 🙄. With that said, they are all tracks that have undeniable challenge and "character".

Northern Isle and Broad bean are oval/semi oval speedways... what more character would you like from them? I'm not a huge fan of speedways, but the argument that they are anything different or less than any others still doesn't fit.

About the only thing I agree with is Tokyo. I just don't like the walled off, characterless nature of it. I wish the earlier gens of Japanese street circuits would come back, like R5 and R11 and R246.

All in all, I'd love to hear your reasoning as to why you don't like tracks like Alsace and St. Croix when you do like El Capitan, Road Atlanta, and Grand Valley. I don't think your logic is in any way cohesive, and it sounds more like complaining about repeating tracks from Sport rather than an indictment of the tracks themselves.

I chalk it up to another example of people grasping at straws to condemn GT7 because it's the cool kid thing to do. I too want more tracks, GT originals and real life, but I'm not going to resort to making counterfactual claims to reinforce that view.

Last edited:
For a Japanese developer, it has just struck me as odd that they haven't ever embraced Touge for a track idea, or hill climbing (apart from Goodwood in GT6).

Those two ideas alone would add something new, with tighter turns and more of an eye on technique than bald speed.

I just want more races or types of races on these tracks! Give me a reason to race some of these slower cars - or the classics where I'm racing other similar cars from same time frame only. Give me single make races, or "stock tuned" races. I realize this can be accomplished with custom races, but then the payouts are eye-rolling at best.

I have been a diehard GT fan since day 1. I actually bought a PS1 purely for GT. In terms of simcade, no one is even close. I had high hopes for GT7, but the track list has me a bit burned out.

How many times do we need to race the same "flagship" tracks? Project Cars 2 is a very flawed game, but it has the best track list of any console racing game ever made. It's not even close.

I am just a little bored with the idea of more races at Spa, Suzuka or Brands Hatch. The track list is in need of a major overhaul. I know that in order to add tracks they would have to remove some from previous titles, and I am all for it. In terms of North America alone, there are so many gems that have not been given the love they deserve on console:

Mid Ohio
VIR
Road Atlanta
Road America
Lime Rock
Barber Motorsports

That's not counting any tracks in Europe such as Oulton Park, Zolder, Snetterton and many many others.

I can't imagine them changing the formula, but the thought of racing at Spa, Suzuka and Laguna Seca has me a bit bored.
I love the old circuits. There are some circuits that are really attractive, due to the rustic look, sequence of elevations, basic, narrow and irregular track, surrounded by grass, with high and medium speed bends. These are usually old school British and American circuits. I don't know if there is any nickname to designate this type of circuit.

• Oulton Park
  • Donington Park
  • Brand Hatch
  • Lime Rock
  • Knockhill
  • Laguna Seca
  • Thruxton
  • Mosport
  • Mid Ohio
  • Goodwood
  • Road Atlanta
  • Road America