GT Sport abandoned

• Thread starter Sportmats
  • 44 comments
Sweden
Sweden
No updates for a long time now with new tracks and cars. It seems that the dev-team has abandoned the title for some reason. Very terrible behvaiour from the dev team. It should have been at least 3 new tracks (and I mean NEW, not addition courses to already existing) and 10-15 new cars so far this year.

No updates for a long time now with new tracks and cars.
It was December 18th, and there's been a new car announced today as one of at least five confirmed cars coming this year.
It should have been at least 3 new tracks (and I mean NEW, not addition courses to already existing) and 10-15 new cars so far this year.
If there'd been a January content update it would have been one track and six-ish cars. I know January always seems like a long time, but it's not three months long.

This is a ludicrous over-reaction to a single month - one of FIVE since launch - without a vehicle content update.

Edit: And hardly the first time you've made this claim...

April 2019:
The develop team has already given up on this title.
March 2019:
It seems that the dev-team has given up on this title for some reason.
February 2019:
It seems that the dev-team already has given up on the title.

Last edited:
IMG_0712.GIF

No updates for a long time now with new tracks and cars. It seems that the dev-team has abandoned the title for some reason. Very terrible behvaiour from the dev team. It should have been at least 3 new tracks (and I mean NEW, not addition courses to already existing) and 10-15 new cars so far this year.

On top of what famine said, the devs also need holiday breaks too and time to spend with their families, plus GT7 is brewing with PS5 launching this year. How old are you?

They probably just don’t have anything ready to be released yet. I’m sure more updates are coming.

Whats troubling is Sony has a habbit of shutting down servers once a new GT is released, if that happens once ps5 comes out does that mean SPORT will be a paperweight? Afterall we cant even SAVE OFFLINE.

Two months of no new content is driving you to think PD has abandoned the game?

NFS fandom says hi. They haven't received any substantial post-launch content since launch (Nov 2019) save for wheel support and their cover car.
Dont forget the entire studio is now being closed (WELL DONE EA) You can pretty much call that a train-wreak that exploded in a nuclear fire of chemical waste.

Haven’t you recently seen that the DBR9 has been confirmed?

Whats troubling is Sony has a habit of shutting down servers once a new GT is released, if that happens once ps5 comes out does that mean SPORT will be a paperweight? After all we cant even SAVE OFFLINE.
Now this is something I hadn't considered.

Now this is something I hadn't considered.
Happened to GT5 months after GT6 was released back then in late 2013. If this happens to GT Sport once the new title is released, then people shouldn't be surprised about it anymore.

I seriously can't for the life of me understand the warped logic of people who create threads like this...

Must be spoiled by the likes of Forza. They keep on insisting "Forza is doing this and that and getting big, why can't GT do the same and become bigger/better"

On the previous consoles we would be crying about having to fork out for a second GT game instead of complaining about free (relatively speaking) updates since GTSports launch :confused::lol:

Back