GT Sport and the Logitech G29

• Thread starter Kris Stoney
  • 232 comments
About the settings in LGS, what steering range do you guys use? I feel like the default 900° are too much but I can't decide between 180° and 360° :S

About the settings in LGS, what steering range do you guys use? I feel like the default 900° are too much but I can't decide between 180° and 360° :S

I was kind of happy with 450, will try 360. 180 seems a bit too little?

I was kind of happy with 450, will try 360. 180 seems a bit too little?

Yes 360° might be the sweet spot but I'm still trying out different combinations :)

Also do you use the default 50% for sensitivity and 10% centering spring strength?

Yes 360° might be the sweet spot but I'm still trying out different combinations :)

Also do you use the default 50% for sensitivity and 10% centering spring strength?

I use 25% for sensitivity, i found it has massively reduced the ‘rattle’. Have the centering spring turned off - eg. If the car is still and you turn to lock, it should stay there. The c spring returns it which i dont think is realistic?

Hm you have a point, didn't even think about disabling the spring completely. Thanks for sharing your settings I will try them out today :)

are you on the latest firmware mate? when did you buy the wheel? are you talking about GT Sport feedback on environments or other games? thanks in advance

Yoh.

Yeah I'm on the latest firmware, the Wheel is new from like 1 month ago, but I resolved my issue by lowering the first FFB parameter in game. And yes, i'm talking about GTSport.

7HO
Am I the only one who thinks the FFB is terrible after the 1.5 update?
I've only driven a short bit since the update but it seems to have lost the feel of the rumbles and slight bumps on the tracks again. Not that it was great before. And the resistance in the wheel feels weaker.

Before 1.05 with settings 7/8/2 I could at least feel something, now, it seems nothing again.

The feel of the wheels locking up or the rear sliding is still alright but could be a bit better I think.

I didn't read the entire thread so this is more for the OP.

I've had my T300RS and T3PA pedals for 3 years with fairly heavy use and it's pretty much been flawless. Anecdotal evidence of reliability I know but at least that's how it's been for me. I'll probably end up getting TM in the future, or Fanatec depending on what's on the market at that time.

Thanks dude, I'll give it a try 👍. I hope they fix the g29's soon. Every track we drive in isn't suppose to feel smooth as glass.
With above FFB settings I don't feel tracks to be smooth as glass, quite ok overall feedback, just bit more would be nice, but settings limits that.

how can i change my steering angle with g 29 in gt sport?
Apparently with a PC and the LGS software. People here are saying if you change the rotation in the LGS software while the wheel is connected to a PC it saves to the wheel and when you play GTS after that whatever you set will be your new degrees of rotation.

Just a question for the G29 users. What is the third setting in FFB? For example 7/7/3.
I have a T150 and there's only two to adjust. Force Feedback Max Torque and Force feedback sensitivity. Thanks in advance.
Was happy with FFB before the patch now I'm struggling by the way.

7HO
Apparently with a PC and the LGS software. People here are saying if you change the rotation in the LGS software while the wheel is connected to a PC it saves to the wheel and when you play GTS after that whatever you set will be your new degrees of rotation.
thanks, I tried but everything seems to me the same

Just a question for the G29 users. What is the third setting in FFB? For example 7/7/3.
I have a T150 and there's only two to adjust. Force Feedback Max Torque and Force feedback sensitivity. Thanks in advance.
Was happy with FFB before the patch now I'm struggling by the way.
Steering Sensitivity / FFB Force / FFB Sensitivity

SS: anything under 7 leaves lag/delay on steering input, 7= 1:1 steering response with wheel.

Guys, is there a way to reduce the sensitivity on the brakes pedal? I get lock ups way too easily, even if I barely touch the brakes!

Ok apparently I found out there's no way to set the brake pedal sensitivity?
Isn't it a bit too hard to drive with ABS off this way, if we can't even set the brake pressure on the setups?

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't it a bit too hard to drive with ABS off this way, if we can't even set the brake pressure on the setups?

You can remove the rubber stop in the brake pedal but it means taking it apart which will void your warranty. You can also get an aftermarket spring which is meant to really inprove it.

Personally I don't think the answer is to remove the rubber, I think it is better to put something under the rubber so you hit it earlier because the brake is too sensitive in GT Sport and lockup is achieved too early in the pedals movement. I think this makes it necessary to hit the rubber earlier so you have a progressive feeling of pressure.

But I'm really hoping that q future update brings pedal adjustment with deadzone adjustment, sensitivity and response curve adjustments like other sims have. I'm not going to hold my breath but I can hope.

You can remove the rubber stop in the brake pedal but it means taking it apart which will void your warranty. You can also get an aftermarket spring which is meant to really inprove it.

Already did both. But that's not the matter. The matter is that as you hit the brakes, the tyres lock up. And that's very unrealistic..

Only choice currently is calibrate pedal to bottom and don't use full movement on driving. Actually much more realistic when brake moment isn't needed on full range.
For calibration, when you press pedal first time on game session it will register max brake there in that range what you have pressed, so make sure at you bottom out pedal or your max brake will occur sooner than bottom.

Then there's few modification possibilities, cheapest to install logarithmic potentiometer on brake pedal, costs around $1 to $3, tekes 15 min to install.
Or buying brake mod, nixim or similar or AP Electrix or similar.
I'm using AP electrix, and even with that I have make sure at my calibration pressure on GTS is pretty high.

Last edited:
Different question about the G29: Does the red dial work properly when driving?
When I'm in the pits or driving in a straight line, the dial tends to work okay, but it is a real hassle to change settings when driving through long corners.
I need to use it regularly, most often to adjust brake bias, and I might try to use it to change the level of traction control for different points on a lap if it worked properly all the time.

The steering sensitivity setting is key, when I switched to 7, the overall feel of the wheel improved tremendously. The overall force feedback is OK, I'd have to go back to GT6 for a true comparison.

The pedals feel numb under my feet, especially the brake. I haven't done any mods, I just figured I'd get used to it. Still trying....

For those people who are looking into getting a G29 - they are being sold on Amazon for a fair price $199.99

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Z0UWWYC/?tag=gtplanet-20

Bah! I just bought a refurbished one a few weeks ago for that price, would have preferred new.

Yoh.

Yeah I'm on the latest firmware, the Wheel is new from like 1 month ago, but I resolved my issue by lowering the first FFB parameter in game. And yes, i'm talking about GTSport.
the new 1.05 patch did help resolved some of my issues. i can now feel the grass and sand better. the center +-5% no FFB deadzone has been greatly reduced. i can now feel the tires even just slightly 1% from center. the cars doesn’t feel floating now and feeling of sport tires and racing tires can be felt on my end now. i returned my settings to 0 5 5 and i’m ok with it but still no vibration from minor crashes or total crashes. now i can feel the car sliding when you made an incorrect turn unlike before. it feels very close to DF GT now but still needs improvement. there are still some feelings missing like some gutter doesn’t have vibrations and some grass doesn’t feel like grass. overall i felt improvements after the patch but i miss the vibrations from impacts and more detailed sand, grass, rumble strips feeling of the DF GT.

Back