GT Sport beta physics discussion - Read the First Post Before Replying

• Thread starter z06fun
  • 1,164 comments
I don't have the beta. I also haven't seen anyone else talking about how to get around the so called God mode and am unwilling to take the word of someone who thinks diamonds are soft and that if a lot of people think something is true it becomes a fact. It's also the way things work around here. If you make a factual claim you have to be prepared to back it up with some evidence and not rely on, "just try it yourself", or, "everyone knows this". Now if someone like Praiano, Stotty or Scaff says it's true I'd be inclined to believe them without evidence because they've proven over time that they aren't swayed by their own personal bias when it comes to physics and car behaviour.

Johnny - this is an old argument that was around in GT5 and GT6. All aids off and all of the physics work just fine; camber, ride height, dampers, everything. I heard it over and over, "you wouldn't have to glitch tune if you just drove with ALL aids off.

And I did test this in GT5 and GT6 between ABS 1 and ABS 0 both online and offline and could only see a difference in braking zones. Lower the brake balance numbers to twos and threes and there wasn't that much difference in braking either. You just had to modulate your brakes better. The ride height glitch and zero camber seemed to work just as well with ABS 0.

Johnny - this is an old argument that was around in GT5 and GT6. All aids off and all of the physics work just fine; camber, ride height, dampers, everything. I heard it over and over, "you wouldn't have to glitch tune if you just drove with ALL aids off.

And I did test this in GT5 and GT6 between ABS 1 and ABS 0 both online and offline and could only see a difference in braking zones. Lower the brake balance numbers to twos and threes and there wasn't that much difference in braking either. You just had to modulate your brakes better. The ride height glitch and zero camber seemed to work just as well with ABS 0.
I know this, and you know this, but not everyone knows this:lol: You should have been on the list too:sly:

I don't have the beta. I also haven't seen anyone else talking about how to get around the so called God mode and am unwilling to take the word of someone who thinks diamonds are soft and that if a lot of people think something is true it becomes a fact. It's also the way things work around here. If you make a factual claim you have to be prepared to back it up with some evidence and not rely on, "just try it yourself", or, "everyone knows this". Now if someone like Praiano, Stotty or Scaff says it's true I'd be inclined to believe them without evidence because they've proven over time that they aren't swayed by their own personal bias when it comes to physics and car behaviour.
Really weird approach to gather information, I'm not here to mocking people, you jumped on my public message directed to @Haitauer and continued on this message showing your incompetence to search information on your own, claiming my older things to be false/lies/etc.
You can stop pushing this diamond thing on every place, I'm full of it already, meanwhile you can read something from spoiler and attachments.

Meanwhile we can wait replies from GTS users, how they felt God mode presence or absence when playing with ABS off/default/mild settings.
My ideology is to share my knowledge, ask for more and appreciate persons who're willing to share their knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:

This is exactly the way it work in my opinion in GTS. The only difference is that all the settings are working well and in the right way. Brake balance setting have a good answer without ABS only , but the result, without speaking about the expected car´s reactions due the brake balance,it´s exactly the same with or without ABS.
The kind of SRF behaviors are still there in both situation.

showing your incompetence to search information on your own,
Weren't you told by staff that you have have supporting evidence when you make claims now? Since you've been wrong about, what looks like, every single thing you've claimed so far. This one also looks to be no different

And you obviously still don't know about sound waves work since all you did is copy something and paste it, since your English is obviously not that good it's apparent.

Weren't you told by staff that you have have supporting evidence when you make claims now? Since you've been wrong about, what looks like, every single thing you've claimed so far. This one also looks to be no different

And you obviously still don't know about sound waves work since all you did is copy something and paste it, since your English is obviously not that good it's apparent.
So I must show my apologies, I'm sorry, I didn't have time today to upload my driving to YouTube for watching here with you and others.
I'll try to put it on YouTube on next driving session, have to apologize all others here too if they find my message to @Haitauer anyhow incomplete because it wasn't having picture or video attached.

I'm working on my posting manners, currently thinking what kind of source I need for this post to prove my apologies correctness? Link to Wikipedia? ;)

Really weird approach to gather information, I'm not here to mocking people, you jumped on my public message directed to @Haitauer and continued on this message showing your incompetence to search information on your own, claiming my older things to be false/lies/etc.
I don't need to search for information to prove your claims, that's your job.
Meanwhile we can wait replies from GTS users, how they felt God mode presence or absence when playing with ABS off/default/mild settings. My ideology is to share my knowledge, ask for more and appreciate persons who're willing to share their knowledge.
Cool. Here's someone willing to share his knowledge, a well respected and prolific GT5/6 tuner, and he says the exact opposite to you. Can you explain this discrepancy? (Emphasis at the end is mine)
This is exactly the way it work in my opinion in GTS. The only difference is that all the settings are working well and in the right way. Brake balance setting have a good answer without ABS only , but the result, without speaking about the expected car´s reactions due the brake balance,it´s exactly the same with or without ABS.
The kind of SRF behaviors are still there in both situation.

I'm working on my posting manners, currently thinking what kind of source I need for this post to prove my apologies correctness? Link to Wikipedia? ;)

First: lose the facetious attitude.

Let's make this clear, since you seem intent on repeatedly ignoring members of staff: do not continue to try to drag this discussion off-topic. You did it before, and the post was deleted, yet you tried to post the same stuff just now. Continue to ignore quite simple instructions and you'll be taking some time off.

Don't like people calling you out on ridiculous nonsense? Simple solution: don't post ridiculous nonsense.

Now, let's continue discussing GT Sport's physics in this GT Sport physics thread.

First: lose the facetious attitude.

Let's make this clear, since you seem intent on repeatedly ignoring members of staff: do not continue to try to drag this discussion off-topic. You did it before, and the post was deleted, yet you tried to post the same stuff just now. Continue to ignore quite simple instructions and you'll be taking some time off.

Don't like people calling you out on ridiculous nonsense? Simple solution: don't post ridiculous nonsense.

Now, let's continue discussing GT Sport's physics in this GT Sport physics thread.
We did have discussion on topic - if abs affects other than brakes or not. Thats until people started dragging all kinds of old offtopic comments in.

Its not one or two people here who have this troll -like attitude here. Picking fight when ever possible where neutral comment would be more than sufficient.

Ps. Going to test that abs on my very aggressive Brands gr4 lap of 49.5sec today and post if i find anything. Regardless of being part of the credible crew or not.

Last edited:
We did have discussion on topic - if abs affects other than brakes or not. Thats until people started dragging all kinds of old offtopic comments in.

Its not one or two people here who have this troll -like attitude here. Picking fight when ever possible where neutral comment would be more than sufficient.

Ps. Going to test that abs on my very aggressive Brands gr4 lap of 49.5sec today and post if i find anything. Regardless of being part of the credible crew or not.
This ABS off affects everything else myth has been around since GT5, usually put forth by the same handful of people. I fondly recall being castigated during a F.I.T.T. tuning competition, probably 5 years ago, by the organizer no less (since banned), because I was ruining the no ABS driving experience by setting the brake balance too low and, in effect, cheating the system. Cars drive differently without ABS for one reason and one reason only in my experience and that is because the braking experience changes dramatically. It's no longer burying the pedal and getting super consistent results, but having to modulate brake pressure to avoid lockup while getting maximum braking effort. The underlying physics don't change as many would like to believe but the car appears to "come alive" for lack of a better word, simply because braking now becomes part of the simulation and affects the car dramatically while braking and somewhat just after brake release. I drove a great deal in GT5 and GT6 without ABS, organized an entire race series in which I never used ABS and my favourite cars in AC and PCars don't have ABS. I have a great deal of experience in several games driving without ABS so it's not like I just tried it once or twice and didn't like it.

Logically speaking this only makes sense. Why would you have a different level of physics in a game just because you disabled ABS? Why would a game maker put all that effort into altering the physics in a mode that is seldomly used?

A moment ago, i was driving my 4C GR4 on B.Hatch GP
-With ABS mild, My brakes settings at -2 (+front brake) result as a neutral car under braking staying perfectly stable on the line with a bit of eagerness inside this line.
- I did a test no ABS also , from -5 to +2 brake settings, the car under-steer blocking the front wheel first entering a turn.
It begin to answer neutraly with setting +3 rear brakes and was ok with a bit of eagerness with +5 rear brakes.

I would love to be able to modulate the braking pressure having a tuning option for it. No ABS without G force or any kind of feedback hardware figuring it, is definitely slower for time attack but i would like to have the option to race with friends in the same no ABS condition. Mainly to race some old cars.

Logically speaking this only makes sense. Why would you have a different level of physics in a game just because you disabled ABS? Why would a game maker put all that effort into altering the physics in a mode that is seldomly used?
We're not speaking about ABS or it's changes on suspension movements by freeing it when switching off, just how PD combined one aid more behind that ABS activation switch and how that bonus aid goes away along with ABS when disabling ABS.

So, I made a thread (and a poll) about this one simple question, which got locked by the mods. Which I completely understood, as there already is a general thread about the physics. No harm done there. So I'm now asking it here: to all the beta testers, how good are GT Sport's physics in your opinion, and what are it's strengths and weaknesses?

We're not speaking about ABS or it's changes on suspension movements by freeing it when switching off, just how PD combined one aid more behind that ABS activation switch and how that bonus aid goes away along with ABS when disabling ABS.
Wow. ABS on , ABS off. 1 aid ,1 switch. It's on or off. Please explain how PD added another "bonus aid" with ABS on , is it ABS/traction control/stability control/ride height adjustment/e brake? I'm truly trying to understand your logic and how you come to the conclusion of a bonus aid!

Well so far we have had one person chime in on the subject disagreeing with what you have said. This is why video evidence and supporting your claims go a long way

As it sits, this isn't true;
Easily can prove, just taking one drive video and voila it's shown, every player who has GTS can prove my claim just by testing, difference is so big

I've just done a number of laps of the 'ring in the Evora, both with and without ABS.

The only thing switching off ABS does is switch off the ABS and allow you to lock the fronts under braking. That is a little more twitchy as a result, but as you would expect.

It does nothing at all to remove the 'hand of god' feeling or otherwise change the way the car behaves.

And you can still set the brake bias all the way back, stand on the brakes with ABS off and stop perfectly straight.

How is switching off ABS supposed to free up suspension movement? I think that my be getting lost in translation.

Wow. ABS on , ABS off. 1 aid ,1 switch. It's on or off. Please explain how PD added another "bonus aid" with ABS on , is it ABS/traction control/stability control/ride height adjustment/e brake? I'm truly trying to understand your logic and how you come to the conclusion of a bonus aid!

Well so far we have had one person chime in on the subject disagreeing with what you have said. This is why video evidence and supporting your claims go a long way

As it sits, this isn't true;

Small correction, I'm not responsible of discussion considering "God Mode", I just figured a way to revert game aids back to same as it was prior 1.05 update.

Small correction, I'm not responsible of discussion considering "God Mode", I just figured a way to revert game aids back to same as it was prior 1.05 update.
Clearly you didn't read my question! What is the bonus aid/aids of ABS on? I didn't ask about "God Mode" nor reverting back to 1.05. So could you please answer the question that was posted in regard to your post.

That's strange given you said....

@Haitauer it's possible to turn off "God mode" in 1.05, ABS activates God mode, switch off and no more ridiculous super saves on throttle or lift-off cases.

They have also adjusted lot of FFB powers/effects, formerly had 8 power and 2 sensitivity, now I have to pump up those 9 power and 4 sensitivity to get all feedback out from game, but this was just good improvement.

...so your not responsible for a discussion considering the 'god mode', yet it was pretty much your opening line.

If your going to try and backpedal to this degree it helps if the evidence isn't quite so obvious.

That's strange given you said....

...so your not responsible for a discussion considering the 'god mode', yet it was pretty much your opening line.

If your going to try and backpedal to this degree it helps if the evidence isn't quite so obvious.
Tried to point that forced SRF after 1.05, and solution how to get rid of it.

But finding always something wrong on my saying, hopefully someone get massage and is now enjoying his GTS driving more, then my wordings doesn't matter. Sometimes I have really difficult understand what people are saying here, using in example your older statements how you run LPCM 7.1 on PS4 to your receiver and then you show picture of your receiver where it's on 5.1 LPCM mode, didn't understand what that means?

Tried to point that forced SRF after 1.05, and solution how to get rid of it.

But finding always something wrong on my saying, hopefully someone get massage and is now enjoying his GTS driving more, then my wordings doesn't matter. Sometimes I have really difficult understand what people are saying here, using in example your older statements how you run LPCM 7.1 on PS4 to your receiver and then you show picture of your receiver where it's on 5.1 LPCM mode, didn't understand what that means?
I have just literally quoted you saying switching off ABS removed the God Mode, are you actually going to attempt to deny it?

Oh and the SRF type effect is the same damn thing, and switching off ABS does nothing to change it at all.

Oh and stop attempting to drag the thread off topic by misquoting me, the entire staff has had enough if this nonsense and you are now treading on very thin ice.

Tried several lap around brads indy in gr4, and didnt notice any difference in grip. The difference in car behavior i believe comes from brake balance working differently. When abs is off, theres either brake balance working as it is set front/back or then one locks the wheels. When using abs there is the full brake balance effect where in full braking front is always braking more due to more powerful brakes and weight transfer and brake balance ie. All the way back works only when not on full braking.

This can easily be seen as using abs full braking will result understeer, and slightly easing the brakes will engage oversteer.

Last edited:
Oh and stop attempting to drag the thread off topic by misquoting me, the entire staff has had enough if this nonsense and you are now treading on very thin ice.
It's really hard to see how I started this off-topic dragging. I'll try to post only pictures or videos from here on.

Here's hoping that we get some notable physics feedback from the never before seen version of GT Sport at nurburgring event! With all the tire deformation, particle effects, etc. that has been discovered lately, I'm hoping to read about an implementation of everything uncovered so far. Fingers-crossed for some direct-feed footage.

You obviously never had a good feel for the game if thats what you think, ABS did limit suspension travel in GT6, and i did corner better with ABS off, its very slight so i can understand you may have missed it

It's really hard to see how I started this off-topic dragging. I'll try to post only pictures or videos from here on.
When you attempt to distract from one lie with another one that has nothing to do with the subject at hand then it's off topic; and that's being generous.

I've not yet mentioned it's also treating the AUP with a massive amount of contempt.

It ends today, one way or another. Either sort your contributions to the site our, or you will end up forfeiting the ability to contribute.

Back