GT Sport beta physics discussion - Read the First Post Before Replying

• Thread starter z06fun
  • 1,164 comments
I mean one can make the car feel more real by changing setups.

Im trying to make the car feel as good as i can and the difference is substantial.
Ah, ok. Your original post was telling me a different story.

Last edited:
Ah, ok. You're original post was telling me a different story.

I guess it came out wrong. Didnt mean i test it with stock setups nor saying which is right or wrong. Just pointing out people might have very different experience of the physics depending on the tune.

Speaking of physics - Assetto Corsa season pass currently - 60% in eu ps store. Now I have the full game for approx. 40€/$.. Thats a bargain.. :cheers:

I own a T500rs and I don't think feels are lighter. But shaking via the wheel once you are under-steering is a bit exaggerated, yes.

They need find right middle for all wheels.

After a long long very long 1.06 download time, almost 30hours , due to a very low download speed problem that i still have with my internet connection during day time, i was able to test the new version of the game at 3 am.
A cable optic fiber 8 megas stable connection will be installed mid july :) and i will finally say goodby to my DSL nightmare.... Anyway.
I have to remember that i play with a G29 wheel, it seems that most of the users of this wheel have some kind of problems with it.

I´ll talk later of the FFB , first i have to say that they have reduced and bring to a reasonable level the aid that was stopping the lateral inertia of the car during a drift , restraining the rear end in a very unrealistic way when loosing the rear grip.
Now i can feel , sorry not feel so much, i can mainly see, that they low this aid effect to a point where you can spin ( more easily at carroussel for example ) if you exagerate your driving input combined with a big lateral force G momentum. It stay very easy to correct or avoid , but at least , if you don´t spin and stop totally, it will lowering your lap time, showing you that this kind of driving habit (trashing the car all over the place) will be sanctioned.
This is a very good point in my opinion and the amount they take out this effect is perfect because it stay very educative without putting the car´s four wheels over skateboards , spinning like the sputnik in the space till the end of time, like others SIMS do. I think this extreme is also very unrealistic and above all , very elitist , leaving most of us behind.

FFB now.
First with G29 we can feel and hear this dramatic horrible CLUNCH, when you give to much wheel angle and when your are above the front grip limit or also when the vertical force variation is excessive. I think PD can correct this specific FFB level easily.
Beside this isolated problem , we have the FFB sensitivity problem by itself.
In GTS we have the longitudinal , lateral , vertical and perhaps twisting force signals represented all together by the Force feedback sensitivity level. I think this scale need much more amplitude, the max 10 setting is still too muted in my opinion.
Also The FFB max torque have the same problem and a wider range will allow us combined with the sensitivity to set a very good level of answer of the FFB and consequentely increase our driving pleasure.

Remembering i drive with a G29. Those are my feelings about the new 1.06 physics, they can be very good if PD modulate the above described littles problems.

Congrat to PD for the quick reaction and thanks to listen to their GT players and fans.👍;)

Have a good day everybody.

I won't have to deal with these steering wheel issues cause frankly I don't own one. But it is rather curious to see varying opinions in regards to FFB and overall communication with the car's behaviour. So, in that case, how do we know if the feeling in the wheel is realistic? Some people may say it feels rubbish, whilst some may claim that there's nothing wrong. To be honest, personal preference does play a role in how the physics are interpreted. Even if every aspect is polished, not everyone will be satisfied with how the game plays. Then again, there's a chance that even the pickiest of players would agree with aspects of the physics engine, even though they may not find the experience particularly enjoyable. If there is a consensus, then the game is probably a realistic depiction of car handling.

For the moment, GT Sport is not.

Great explanation @praiano63 !! Good constructive feedback. Also with a T300 you have that annoying extra rumble only at the far end of left/right steering but not as clunky as seen in the video posted earlier. And in the middle section you feel nothing of vibration at all.

And indeed you now have to work harder and do more your best to take the corners with a 'strategy/idea' before spinning. That's an improvement.

With regards to your internet speed you can submit a bug report to PD. Who knows ;)

Great explanation @praiano63 !! Good constructive feedback. Also with a T300 you have that annoying extra rumble only at the far end of left/right steering but not as clunky as seen in the video posted earlier. And in the middle section you feel nothing of vibration at all.

And indeed you now have to work harder and do more your best to take the corners with a 'strategy/idea' before spinning. That's an improvement.

With regards to your internet speed you can submit a bug report to PD. Who knows ;)
:lol: The only way to PD help me with my internet connection is to send me to Japan as soon as possible, a little room with this rig would be ok for me,
Social-Media-Post-McLaren-Simulator-Series-Web.jpg

and of course a pizzaiolo job as close as possible from there because i don t want to ask too much...;):lol:
I think i´m a better pizzaiolo than driver.:lol:

@doblocruiser or any other pad players, have you noticed anything different with the update?

Controller vibration during braking felt a little stronger during the short time I played this week (a few laps of the GT-R GR.4 at brands Hatch) but that may be just a placebo effect. That being said, braking feedback (both vibration and audio) still doesn't feel obvious enough for me to run without ABS like I can in Forza/F1/DiRT.

I'm starting to think that the DualShock 4 itself might be the issue and not so much the game, as I play all other racing games on Xbox thanks to these lovely things:

xbone-controller-triggerinside-540x297.jpg

Last edited:
I won't have to deal with these steering wheel issues cause frankly I don't own one. But it is rather curious to see varying opinions in regards to FFB and overall communication with the car's behaviour. So, in that case, how do we know if the feeling in the wheel is realistic? Some people may say it feels rubbish, whilst some may claim that there's nothing wrong. To be honest, personal preference does play a role in how the physics are interpreted. Even if every aspect is polished, not everyone will be satisfied with how the game plays. Then again, there's a chance that even the pickiest of players would agree with aspects of the physics engine, even though they may not find the experience particularly enjoyable. If there is a consensus, then the game is probably a realistic depiction of car handling.

For the moment, GT Sport is not.
In regard to the 'clunking' when you understeer I can confirm that its utterly inaccurate.

As you turn a tyre self aligning torque builds as you are twisting the rubber, you feel this as increased resistance in the steering (torque from the tyre trying to align itself back - its a well named force). However that force can only build up to a point, after which the torque reduces and does so quickly, and its not going to jump back and forwards between the two states either.

The following illustrates it well...

Self Aligning Torque.jpg

...you can also test it easily yourself. Get the biggest eraser/rubber you can and put in on a flat surface. Apply as much pressure downwards as you can and then start to rotate it. You will feel the torque build up to a point, after which it will let go and will do so without going back and forth between grip and no grip.

I've experience this many, many times on track and GTS has this wrong full stop.

@doblocruiser or any other pad players, have you noticed anything different with the update?

Controller vibration during braking felt a little stronger during the short time I played this week (a few laps of the GT-R GR.4 at brands Hatch) but that may be just a placebo effect. That being said, braking feedback (both vibration and audio) still doesn't feel obvious enough for me to run without ABS like I can in Forza/F1/DiRT.

I'm starting to think that the DualShock 4 itself might be the issue and not so much the game, as I play all other racing games on Xbox thanks to these lovely things:

Thanks for the update @PJTierney 👍 The BETA doesn't find itself on my PS4 anymore and I have no interest in redownloading it again. I'll keep an eye out on the general impression though:cheers:

@Scaff FFB aside, what do you think about the physics update? The N300 seem to have received the biggest changes.
Its better than 1.04 in that a better balance has been found between 'I want to spin and kill you and have never heard of understeer v1.04' and 'grip is all you are getting v1.05'. However its still a long way from the rest of the market and the hand of god, while reduced is still present and still making things far to easy.

Last edited:
Its better than 1.04 in that a better balance has been found between 'I want to spin and kill you and have never heard of understeer v1.04' and 'grip is all you are getting v1.05'. However its still a long way from the rest of the market and the hand of god, while reduced is still present and still making things far to easy.

Yeah the hand of god is still pretty much there. My first thoughts align with yours but need to test it out more. Tried the Evora with one of the tunes here and there was more prevalent understeer. I think FWD cars have more front end grip (the rocco gr.4 feels that way).

Yeah the hand of god is still pretty much there. My first thoughts align with yours but need to test it out more. Tried the Evora with one of the tunes here and there was more prevalent understeer. I think FWD cars have more front end grip (the rocco gr.4 feels that way).
I focused on the Focus ST (pun intended) for FWD and the changes have just resulted in it being nasty.

Almost no communication between what I'm doing with the wheel and what the cars doing; I've driven a few ST's and the GTS version is so far wide of the mark its almost unbelievable.

I focused on the Focus ST (pun intended) for FWD and the changes have just resulted in it being nasty.

Almost no communication between what I'm doing with the wheel and what the cars doing; I've driven a few ST's and the GTS version is so far wide of the mark its almost unbelievable.

The ST handles like ass indeed. My own regular Fiesta handles better.

The VW Gr.4 with Kev's tune is so much fun at the Ring though.

I've only had a short go as well, but initial impressions are the same as yours. Braking feedback on the DS4 might be very slightly stronger, but it's still not giving a clear sense of if I'm at the threshold or not.

There are enough good racing games without GTS to warrant buying a PS4, F1 2016, Dirt Rally, Sebastian Loeb Rally Evo, Project Cars , Assetto Corsa and the upcoming Project Cars 2 and F1 2017 to name a few.

That is true, but I already have a PC and a Fanatec CS V2.5 wheel loaded with Project Cars and Assetto Corsa. Time to start F.I.T.T. tuning competitions in Project Cars.

There are enough good racing games without GTS to warrant buying a PS4, F1 2016, Dirt Rally, Sebastian Loeb Rally Evo, Project Cars , Assetto Corsa and the upcoming Project Cars 2 and F1 2017 to name a few.
Eh to be honest, aren't every single one of those cross platform? If so, if he already has a console/pc then there wouldn't be much incentive to jump ship.

I'm also in the same predicament as there aren't many things I'd want from a PS4, so I was hoping GTS would be pull me in one way or another.

Last edited:
That is true, but I already have a PC and a Fanatec CS V2.5 wheel loaded with Project Cars and Assetto Corsa. Time to start F.I.T.T. tuning competitions in Project Cars.

Not if you can play these games on PC.;)

Eh to be honest, aren't every single one of those cross platform? If so, if he's already has a console/pc then there wouldn't be much incentive to jump ship.

I'm also in the same predicament as there aren't many things I'd want from a PS4, so I was hoping GTS would be pull me in one way or another.

I didn't know you had a PC, I didn't know he had a PC, I didn't know he had a PC!!! :D

I didn't know you had a PC, I didn't know he had a PC, I didn't know he had a PC!!! :D

I don't think they were ragging on you. Just pointing out how stupid it would be for me to purchase a PS4. I also have an XBOX 1 with Forza 6 so do I really need another console. The only reason I would buy a PS4 is for Gran Turismo Sport if it was a good enough Sim racing game and most of my friends were still going to buy it. There's really no other reason than the connection to the people in the tuning forums.

Dreaming here, but boy wouldn't it be nifty if the GT series could become cross platform.

Ten minutes of me rambling on about 1.06 update.

Really nice overview of the new update Scaff!
They've got a long way to go still in physics side for sure... Its still quite last gen really.

And yes...they complety screwed up the FFB..
I'm with a T150 and that is a rumble festival..
Nice to wake up my wife and neighbours :D

Back