GT Sport beta physics discussion - Read the First Post Before Replying

• Thread starter z06fun
  • 1,164 comments
Just a physics related comic relief and a reference to you without access to the beta interested in the off-track "physics".

Seb Loeb might be able to pull this off in a WRC car, but with a GT3 Ferrari on slicks - one would find himself from a nasty situation. :scared::lol:

Let alone doing it with losing just some tenths of a second in lap time.. :dunce:

And to be totally clear - no aids other than ABS "mild" - on a wheel (G29).. :cheers::lol:

Edit
Thinking twice.. That might actually be from a session i did without ABS - thats the reason i overshot in the first place.. :lol:

Last edited:
Just a physics related comic relief and a reference to you without access to the beta interested in the off-track "physics".

Seb Loeb might be able to pull this off in a WRC car, but with a GT3 Ferrari on slicks - one would find himself from a nasty situation. :scared::lol:

Let alone doing it with losing just some tenths of a second in lap time.. :dunce:

And to be totally clear - no aids other than ABS "mild" - on a wheel (G29).. :cheers::lol:

Edit
Thinking twice.. That might actually be from a session i did without ABS - thats the reason i overshot in the first place.. :lol:

So you put apart the fact that you had play a racing game or a sim for long time, considering that , your skill to handle this stuff are very important , just because you point out your video show thing that make the game look unrealistic, i tell you because sometime we forget how hard is play those type of game , and be fast , when we aren't an "expert" (i've seen a lot of GT3 cars in real life that goes out passing on the grass and back to the track) however I say this because I let play gt6 to my girlfriend or others friends, they can't stay on the road , just running 70 kmh because they don't know how and when the turn will face out , they're use to go at work with cars by themself.
Said that , I wanna thank you for showing me some nice videos of gameplay, I have a question : when you drive the car without abs you feel like the car is unstable in the braking point in the hard decelarations ( like GT 6 ) or is super stable ? Comparing two games. Super sorry for my English !!:cheers:

So you put apart the fact that you had play a racing game or a sim for long time, considering that , your skill to handle this stuff are very important , just because you point out your video show thing that make the game look unrealistic, i tell you because sometime we forget how hard is play those type of game , and be fast , when we aren't an "expert" (i've seen a lot of GT3 cars in real life that goes out passing on the grass and back to the track) however I say this because I let play gt6 to my girlfriend or others friends, they can't stay on the road , just running 70 kmh because they don't know how and when the turn will face out , they're use to go at work with cars by themself.
Said that , I wanna thank you for showing me some nice videos of gameplay, I have a question : when you drive the car without abs you feel like the car is unstable in the braking point in the hard decelarations ( like GT 6 ) or is super stable ? Comparing two games. Super sorry for my English !!:cheers:

Havent found any major differences between ABS mild vs ABS off other than the actual locking and the brake balance moving to front wheels when abs engages. If one brakes similarly below the wheels locking pressure the car feels the same. I feel the uneaven surface braking (or what ever it is called in english when different wheels are on different surfaces) is actually more unforgiving in Gt6. Might just be my memories though..

And as for the skill involved - not me.. :lol:
And with that much speed on grass with slicks i'd say only the infamous "hand of god" could make the save in realistic physics.. :scared:
Or as the finnish saying goes - The only one able to straighten that up is Jack, and Jack works at the auto body repair shop.. ;) in slow speed its very possible in real life.

Last edited:
Havent found any major differences between ABS mild vs ABS off other than the actual locking and the brake balance moving to front wheels when abs engages. If one brakes similarly below the wheels locking pressure the car feels the same. I feel the uneaven surface braking (or what ever it is called in english when different wheels are on different surfaces) is actually more unforgiving in Gt6. Might just be my memories though..

And as for the skill involved - not me.. :lol:
And with that much speed on grass with slicks i'd say only the infamous "hand of god" could make the save in realistic physics.. :scared:
Or as the finnish saying goes - The only one able to straighten that up is Jack, and Jack works at the auto body repair shop.. ;) in slow speed its very possible in real life.[/QUOTETh
Thank you , i hope this help "hand of god" can be switch off or on by the players in the final version.👍:bowdown:

Has anyone else found that they're faster than in GT6. I find myself much closer to the aliens than I was in GT6. Whatever the physics changes are, they suit me much better.

It's a nice thought, but that's not the case.

Using reality as a benchmark (rather than another GT title) GTS is simply wrong. The 'hand of god' aid that can't be switched off simply allows you to do things you simply should not be able to.

It's a nice thought, but that's not the case.

Using reality as a benchmark (rather than another GT title) GTS is simply wrong. The 'hand of god' aid that can't be switched off simply allows you to do things you simply should not be able to.

Yes , now i can image what this "hand of god" is .
That is a little bit sad , I never play a Beta or pre- final version of a Gt title, so this is the case that i wish this " hand of god " can be an extra help for the begginers players, repeat ( as my reply post on top) I hope !

Yes , now i can image what this "hand of god" is .
That is a little bit sad , I never play a Beta or pre- final version of a Gt title, so this is the case that i wish this " hand of god " can be an extra help for the begginers players, repeat ( as my reply post on top) I hope !
If it's baked into the physics it's an extra aid for everyone, not just beginners.

I really hope it will be optional, but its possible its something they have to sacrifice to keep esports and BOP even.. :guilty:

No it's not. The BOP is already uneven, and if hand-holding is introduced for all players across the board, why would other aids be optional?

No it's not. The BOP is already uneven, and if hand-holding is introduced for all players across the board, why would other aids be optional?

I did not participate too much in GT6 online, but weren't there certain lobbies that you enter that have restrictions on which aids you can use (ABS, TC, SRF, etc.) - if so, couldn't they implement that in GT Sport. I remember that touching the grass at speed in GT6 was an absolute death sentence.

It looks like this build did not have the "hand of god", there were a few that got the death sentence:

"Audi on cold tires in the first lap... too optim-eee-stic:P":

Last edited:
Off to v1. 06

Feels like theres slightly less grip on track or then ABS mild lets wheels lock more. Offtrack/curbs/grass still have too much grip even though some gravel pits sink you in quite well. Everything feel lighter though.. :odd:

Has anyone else found that they're faster than in GT6. I find myself much closer to the aliens than I was in GT6. Whatever the physics changes are, they suit me much better.
I'm much faster with a controller than in GT6. Game rewards better driving technique than GT6 so that and also better steering on DS4 has worked wonders. I haven't even bothered to get a PS4 wheel due to how competitive I can drive with DS4 at the moment, didn't expect that at all. Can drive like an amateur and still possible to get first in rankings at the moment. Think that is more down to casual nature of how the races and leaderboards are at the moment, would expect on release the aliens will start to push more to the limit than currently.
Need more thoughts here.
Haven't played beta for like over a week so gave the update a go. My main concern was the N300 cars after 1.05 update, they've seem to improved them a lot. Maybe there was a bug in 1.05, I don't know. It's got rid of the horrible floaty rear end feeling, they feel more planted like how cars should feel. Something like Evora feels like it power understeers more than before. TTS doesn't have issues with braking like it did before the update. Seems a solid improvement over 1.05 in terms of car balance for the N300 cars.

I do find it interesting that what I post in here, gets addressed in next update. First mentioned about drivability of cars and that was improved in 1.05. I then mentioned about concern of the N300 cars and that seems to be main area the physics update has affected. Thanks PDI for improving things. 👍 They appear to be actively listening and taking on advice on all aspects of the game. I only posted once on official forum with beta feedback and both things I mentioned got fixed in less than 24 hours. I need to make more use of this opportunity so might post on official forum more often. Quite awesome to have some influence on a GT game, usually PDI are so secretive and hard to give direct feedback to but this time it's not the case. 👍

I'm much faster with a controller than in GT6. Game rewards better driving technique than GT6 so that and also better steering on DS4 has worked wonders. I haven't even bothered to get a PS4 wheel due to how competitive I can drive with DS4 at the moment, didn't expect that at all. Can drive like an amateur and still possible to get first in rankings at the moment. Think that is more down to casual nature of how the races and leaderboards are at the moment, would expect on release the aliens will start to push more to the limit than currently.

Haven't played beta for like over a week so gave the update a go. My main concern was the N300 cars after 1.05 update, they've seem to improved them a lot. Maybe there was a bug in 1.05, I don't know. It's got rid of the horrible floaty rear end feeling, they feel more planted like how cars should feel. Something like Evora feels like it power understeers more than before. TTS doesn't have issues with braking like it did before the update. Seems a solid improvement over 1.05 in terms of car balance for the N300 cars.

I do find it interesting that what I post in here, gets addressed in next update. First mentioned about drivability of cars and that was improved in 1.05. I then mentioned about concern of the N300 cars and that seems to be main area the physics update has affected. Thanks PDI for improving things. 👍 They appear to be actively listening and taking on advice on all aspects of the game. I only posted once on official forum with beta feedback and both things I mentioned got fixed in less than 24 hours. I need to make more use of this opportunity so might post on official forum more often. Quite awesome to have some influence on a GT game, usually PDI are so secretive and hard to give direct feedback to but this time it's not the case. 👍
Can I get you to post in the official forums for me then.

They did the exact opposite of what I asked for between 1.04 and 1.05!

Can I get you to post in the official forums for me then.

They did the exact opposite of what I asked for between 1.04 and 1.05!
What about 1.06, there is a mix of "it got better" and "it got worst" in the forums.

What about 1.06, there is a mix of "it got better" and "it got worst" in the forums.
I had a nightmare day yesterday (crashed car to sort out, hire car to arrange, mobile died and youngest needed me as a taxi all evening).

I hope to give it a good go tonight.

I had a nightmare day yesterday (crashed car to sort out, hire car to arrange, mobile died and youngest needed me as a taxi all evening).

I hope to give it a good go tonight.
Very interested to hear your thoughts, particularly the GT3 cars.

Just a short heads up after the 1.06 update.

(For me personally) the FBB, physics unfortunately did not improve. Tweaked with FBB settings but the result is more or less the same. In the mid section of steering let's say 50/60 degrees it feels dull, numb, flat but when steering more to the left/right the T300 wheel starts to rumble-shake more then expected and that is compared to the midsection too much. Looks like two extremes are mixed together.

Does this sound familiar to anyone or is it just me? If so any tips are more then welcome to improve my personal experience.

Also since the beginning of the beta I still have the idea that I'm still floating around. No real connection between the tyres and the surface (tarmac, gravel, sand, grass). It all feels more or less the same. Like you're hoovering around.

Maybe I have to accept that GT Sport is more for the mass public and will never be like e.g. AC physics. Although I hope the opposite. Man what a great FBB/physics experience has AC, like you're driving a real car. A league on its own (on PS4). It seems very hard to implement a similar physics model/engine in another race game so respect for Kunos what they have achieved.

To put extra emphasis on this: I really really hope PD gets it this sorted out and is on par with physics like AC and then add the superb visuals, UI, replays, PSVR (!!) and it will/can be the best PS4 race sim. For me it's equal because all serious race games/sims are in my collection and PCars2 and GT Sport already pre ordered. Each game has its pros and cons :)

Last edited:
Just a short heads up after the 1.06 update.

(For me personally) the FBB, physics unfortunately did not improve. Tweaked with FBB settings but the result is more or less the same. In the mid section of steering let's say 50/60 degrees it feels dull, numb, flat but when steering more to the left/right the wheel starts to rumble-shake more then expected and that is compared to the midsection too much. Looks like two extremes are mixed together.

Does this sound familiar to anyone or is it just me? If so any tips are more then welcome to improve my personal experience.

Also since the beginning of the beta I still have the idea that I'm still floating around. No real connection between the tires and the surface (tarmac, gravel, sand, grass). It all feels more or less the same. Like you're hoovering around.

Maybe I have to accept that GT Sport is more for the mass public and will never be like e.g. AC physics. Although I hope the opposite. Man what a great FBB/physics experience has AC, like you're driving a real car. A league on its own (on PS4). It seems very hard to implement a similar physics model/engine in another race game so respect for Kunos what they have achieved.

To put extra emphasis on this: I really really hope PD gets it this sorted out and is on par with physics like AC and then add the superb visuals, UI, replays, PSVR (!!) and it will/can be the best PS4 race sim. For me it's equal because all serious race games/sims are in my collection and PCars2 and GT Sport already pre ordered. Each game has its pros and cons :)
I fully agree with all of the above. With a wheel it just doesn't feel like you are driving a vehicle with four rubber tyres in contact with a road surface.

Agree with the FFB statements.

GR3 at Blue Moon bay are slower since the update, probably less grip.

Gr.4 at Brands I was able to go immediately faster with my Rocco and it could be a result of more front end grip (less understeer).

There's a real disconnect in forum feedback regarding the FFB and how the wheel feels in game. You've got some of the above, which to me mimics previous games, with a floaty and disconnected feeling, especially in relation to other games with solid FFB like AC. Then you have others saying the more they drive the more they like it, when I see people saying the game is practically unplayable now on the G series wheels. Very baffling to someone without the game.

There's a real disconnect in forum feedback regarding the FFB and how the wheel feels in game. You've got some of the above, which to me mimics previous games, with a floaty and disconnected feeling, especially in relation to other games with solid FFB like AC. Then you have others saying the more they drive the more they like it, when I see people saying the game is practically unplayable now on the G series wheels. Very baffling to someone without the game.

People who actually raced can provide better input. Honestly they don't need input from us regarding FFB when they got Kaz and Lucas developing the game.

People who actually raced can provide better input. Honestly they don't need input from us regarding FFB when they got Kaz and Lucas developing the game.
They don't need input from the players on FFB?:lol: When you have experienced players calling the game "unplayable" due to the FFB, and many others saying the cars don't feel connected to the road, a problem that has plagued GT since I got a wheel for GT5, I'd say they need all the feedback they can get on that front.

The desires of the few outweigh the desires of the many?

I can't say I've heard "ignore customer input" as a sound developer approach before.

They don't need input from the players on FFB?:lol: When you have experienced players calling the game "unplayable" due to the FFB, and many others saying the cars don't feel connected to the road, a problem that has plagued GT since I got a wheel for GT5, I'd say they need all the feedback they can get on that front.

The desires of the few outweigh the desires of the many?

I can't say I've heard "ignore customer input" as a sound developer approach before.

Is that why the GTR is so much faster than everything else in class?

Meant that between the two, they've had tons of experience with actual racecars so they ought to know what good FFB is like.

Why haven't they been able to use their expertise is anyone's guess, but I'm pretty sure they know what's lacking.

Meant that between the two, they've had tons of experience with actual racecars so they ought to know what good FFB is like.

Why haven't they been able to use their expertise is anyone's guess, but I'm pretty sure they know what's lacking.
Odd then that none of that came through in the last two versions of the game and, according to many, still is not present in v1.06 and is, in their opinion, going backwards, 3.5 years into the life cycle of the current console.

Back