GT Sport big disappointment

• Thread starter Brriskk
  • 227 comments
We have had six or more instalments of the same old format. Do you really want to the same old GT over and over again? I don't. I got bored of GT6 very quickly. Times change. Online gaming is the present and future. People would complain if GT didn't change. You can't win. Keep it up PD.

Exactly this.

I was very much into GT back in the days, but slowly drifted away along GT5 and GT6. It was just all the same, maybe some polish here and there but nothing to mention really. It seemed like GT was going nowhere.

Last week I took GT Sport demo out for a test drive. Immediately pre-ordered the game too, and now having few hours of playtime after release, I'm happy to say it's good to be back. GT Sport is really refreshing experience and I personally embrace it's emphasis on online racing.

Excellent job from PD.

Imagine pokemon game without catching them, or 75% of the pokemon missing.

AKA it's not a GT game anymore, its Academy.

So... imagine half the Pokemon games released?
If you wanted to spend months collecting cars, why did you or anyone else buy GT Sport?

Car manufacturer says their next product will be a motorcycle. You buy the motorcycle, then complain it's not a car. :lol:

It's not like it was not known in advance for months that this would not be a traditional GT game. If you want a traditional/classic GT game, get FM7 (doesn't have any history lessons in it either).

The game has been extensively marketed and described as a new kind of Gran Turismo, a departure from the old style and one that is extremely focussed on online racing and its FIA accreditation. They've not been shy about telling us this for probably about 3 years, so I don't know why people continue to think that it was going to be 'GT7'.

The game has been extensively marketed and described as a new kind of Gran Turismo, a departure from the old style and one that is extremely focussed on online racing and its FIA accreditation. They've not been shy about telling us this for probably about 3 years, so I don't know why people continue to think that it was going to be 'GT7'.

Oh didn't you hear? Since Forza Horizon every racing game has to be "car-pokemon" or it automatically sucks according to IGN.

I definitely need a steering wheel, it’s hard especially lot of power rwd with controller can’t get used to giving only a little throttle in the turns. I was thinking t300rs but I see lot of complains about being too heavy and clipping so I’m thinking about going Logitech
Worst thing about the T300RS is the high failure rate. I bought the Alcantara edition and mine died in exactly 3 months. Its currently out for RMA so no wheel for about a month and who knows how long it will last after its fixed. Its a great wheel but Thrustmaster clearly still has issues when it comes to quality control, huge disappointment for a $500.00 product.

I've seen a number of threads like this and comments on Reddit about how disappointed so many people with GT Sport's scope and how it's not the same GT as prior instalments.

I can't really understand this point of view. The OP, for example, says that they'd been waiting for this game for a long time. If he/she had been waiting so long, why did they not, at any time look into why the name of the brand new Gran Turismo was Sport, rather than 7?
I really struggle to understand how people can be wilfully ignorant and then use that as a logical base to say that Sport is not a proper Gran Turismo game.

I think there are some problems with the game, the always required online connection and the fact that you need to be connected to a server to save.

I wish these issues would form the basis of peoples problems with the game, as they are fairly legitimate and it's reasonable to expect offline saving on a closed system like the PS4, rather than the fact that some people who got the game on day one, refused to look into what the game was even advertising its self as...

I've seen a number of threads like this and comments on Reddit about how disappointed so many people with GT Sport's scope and how it's not the same GT as prior instalments.

I can't really understand this point of view. The OP, for example, says that they'd been waiting for this game for a long time. If he/she had been waiting so long, why did they not, at any time look into why the name of the brand new Gran Turismo was Sport, rather than 7?
I really struggle to understand how people can be wilfully ignorant and then use that as a logical base to say that Sport is not a proper Gran Turismo game.

I think there are some problems with the game, the always required online connection and the fact that you need to be connected to a server to save.

I wish these issues would form the basis of peoples problems with the game, as they are fairly legitimate and it's reasonable to expect offline saving on a closed system like the PS4, rather than the fact that some people who got the game on day one, refused to look into what the game was even advertising its self as...
The game advertised itself as having a huge offline campaign. KAZ said that no features from previous games were dropped and that GTS has the most features of any GT game. We were promised weather just not dynamic. That's what was advertized. Did you get that with your game?

The game advertised itself as having a huge offline campaign. KAZ said that no features from previous games were dropped and that GTS has the most features of any GT game. We were promised weather just not dynamic. That's what was advertized. Did you get that with your game?

I've only played the demo and beta (thanks to lasts nights fun), it seemed pretty fully featured, compared to what I remembered from GT6 anyway.

The last part is a legit issue and complaint though, like offline saving, which is something I brought up in my post.

I've only played the demo and beta (thanks to lasts nights fun), it seemed pretty fully featured, compared to what I remembered from GT6 anyway.

The last part is a legit issue and complaint though, like offline saving, which is something I brought up in my post.
Fully featured is not the same as contains all the features from previous games is it? Point being, if someone just read the broad strokes of the advertising campaign it would come across as the most expansive, fully featured game in history but with less cars and tracks. It's not. Not hard to see how some could be disappointed with that.

Fully featured is not the same as contains all the features from previous games is it? Point being, if someone just read the broad strokes of the advertising campaign it would come across as the most expansive, fully featured game in history but with less cars and tracks. It's not. Not hard to see how some could be disappointed with that.

See, that's not what my impression of GT Sport ever was.
I've been a fan of the series since the first game, but I don't follow it fanatically... I barely kept up with the announcements and E3 stuff, but it seemed pretty clear that the game wasn't on the same scale as it's prior games... number of cars tracks etc.. and that they were focusing in online stuff with the FIA giving them cool events and ESPORTS...

Maybe I'm the exception to the rule, but it seemed pretty clear to me a year or two ago that GT Sport wasn't GT7 and wasn't trying to be.

Worst thing about the T300RS is the high failure rate. I bought the Alcantara edition and mine died in exactly 3 months. Its currently out for RMA so no wheel for about a month and who knows how long it will last after its fixed. Its a great wheel but Thrustmaster clearly still has issues when it comes to quality control, huge disappointment for a $500.00 product.

I got tired of reliability issues with plastic wheels made in China. When my G27 died a few months ago I stepped up to an OSW direct drive system. Expensive but I’ll never have to replace it. Looking at getting a GIMX adapter so I can use it with my PS4.

You guys get me wrong I still love and enjoy the game, I’m about to get get the steering and the seat for it so yes I’m gonna spend some money on it because I love the game and no other car games can compare to it in my opinion. I’m saying I expected more, and especially I hate the car history lesson waist of space
"Big disappointment but I'm still gonna spend $900+ more on it" LOL

I wonder if people would moan if the game would feature a career mode like GT5 had and 500 cars...
Thinking_Face_Emoji.png

Of course they would.

Last edited:
This isn't a car collecting game anymore.
You can still collect them, Just not as many. It's a racing game anyway.

I wonder if people would moan if the game would feature a career mod like GT5 had and 500 cars...
View attachment 681320
Of course they would.
They would complain if it was free saying that it was not free enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have had six or more instalments of the same old format. Do you really want to the same old GT over and over again? I don't. I got bored of GT6 very quickly. Times change. Online gaming is the present and future. People would complain if GT didn't change. You can't win. Keep it up PD.
good job missing the entire point of this thread
hint: we aren't complaining about the online mode, we're complaining about the lack of a campaign mode

In spite of what I have heard (the standard "I'm cancelling my preorder because of this!" rants), I'm pretty much still going to buy it. I haven't heard anything negative about the core element of the game; the racing. After all, it IS a racing game.

hint: we aren't complaining about the online mode, we're complaining about the lack of a campaign mode

GTS is a racing game, there is as much offline racing as you could possibly want to do, races as long or short as you want, against the types of cars you want to race against and level of AI that you want to race against and starting on whatever position on the grid you prefer, all on any track which you have unlocked within your game.

There is also supposed to be future DLC that will add more to the game at later dates as well. Exactly what that content is we do not know yet.

So what is missing? Only a scripted "career" where the games leads you from track to track in a pretend race season and pats you on the back like you are a racing god if you place in the top 3 in a race.

There is a lot to like so far with the game and perhaps it will get even better as time passes. In my opinion we actually have more offline content than I was initially expecting with what had been put out about the online aspect being the focus of GTS.

I wonder if people would moan if the game would feature a career mode like GT5 had and 500 cars...
View attachment 681320
Of course they would.

They would complain if it was free saying that it was not free enough.
Does it make you feel better to dismiss the concerns of fellow GT fans through logical fallacies?

If you’re referring to the cost of my OSW you need to go up higher with the dollar amount. Lol. I use it for sim racing on PC. GT Sport is just a fun time waster arcade game which I’m enjoying.
No I wasn't talking to you unless you have two accounts lol
And there's more to GTS than the arcade mode

Does it make you feel better to dismiss the concerns of fellow GT fans through logical fallacies?
You crack me up Johnny

I agree that they could have done a better job of a career mode since GT5. I take it as they just want to be different than the other games. I would like to see some better offline races. GT Sport has a better Arcade mode this time around I think. I enjoy using the Custom settings to allow what length to race. Perhaps down the road they will come out with an update for the career mode. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe PD Has a big game plan coming in the next year or so to gradually build upon GT Sport and Basically Add more modes to turn it into GT7. What they've done with GT Sport as it is right now for me is brilliant and I love it.

Back