GT Sport big disappointment

• Thread starter Brriskk
  • 227 comments
My biggest disappointment so far, is that you have to pay in order to play online (PS Plus subscription). Although it's only $5 a month, it still means that we pay the price of the game, every year we play it.
True but it works with all online games as well.

My biggest disappointment so far, is that you have to pay in order to play online (PS Plus subscription). Although it's only $5 a month, it still means that we pay the price of the game, every year we play it.
I know what you mean, but everything we do in life we pay for it somehow, We are literally paying to be alive anyway, so why not pay to play too

They have removed the 'Game ' and just given us an online shell of a gane
They'll Add The 'Game' later, I'm sure of it

Last edited by a moderator:
For me it's the lack of tracks, to me that's the most important part when it comes to the longevity of a racing game. I can forgive the lack cars, mostly because a game could have 1000 cars but I would still only use 20-30 of them. Looking back on FM - which I played for nearly 10 years - hundreds of cars in the game is good on paper and nice to look at but they all feel relatively the same. All those cars coupled with the upgrading system makes them only feel like shells with no individuality other than looks.

As someone who as owned and played GT1-GT6 and FM2-FM6. The old format got pretty stale so I am very happy with the direction this game is going.

Last edited:
As a car enthusiast, which is a broad audience, the aspect of tuning was fun. Especially as a young kid who could only dream of having those cars and tuning them.

In the older GT games, if I got tired of racing I would collect and buy cars then tune them slowly.

This is just a racing game now.

The game advertised itself as having a huge offline campaign. KAZ said that no features from previous games were dropped and that GTS has the most features of any GT game. We were promised weather just not dynamic. That's what was advertized. Did you get that with your game?
So as expected, today proved Kaz a lier? 0r is it a case of " nah he's just advertising the game he wants to make in 10 years"? That old chest nut.
See, that's not what my impression of GT Sport ever was.
I've been a fan of the series since the first game, but I don't follow it fanatically... I barely kept up with the announcements and E3 stuff, but it seemed pretty clear that the game wasn't on the same scale as it's prior games... number of cars tracks etc.. and that they were focusing in online stuff with the FIA giving them cool events and ESPORTS...

Maybe I'm the exception to the rule, but it seemed pretty clear to me a year or two ago that GT Sport wasn't GT7 and wasn't trying to be.
The fact is, Kaz oversold this game. He said not a single feature from past games will be dropped. More features than any ity GT and on launch day.

I got tired of reliability issues with plastic wheels made in China. When my G27 died a few months ago I stepped up to an OSW direct drive system. Expensive but I’ll never have to replace it. Looking at getting a GIMX adapter so I can use it with my PS4.
My thoughts exactly. Buy cheap ( hardly cheap these plastic wheels) buy twice.
I wonder if people would moan if the game would feature a career mode like GT5 had and 500 cars...
View attachment 681320
Of course they would.
Yes of course they would. GT5 career was garbage. Here is a revolutionary idea though. How about just adding a well thought out career mode? Wonder if my idea will ever take off with these AAA devs.
So you finished all the missions and challenges and circuit experience?
Oh yea woooo, how exciting. That really covers the game side of things. Side quests, basically.

I agree that they could have done a better job of a career mode since GT5. I take it as they just want to be different than the other games. I would like to see some better offline races. GT Sport has a better Arcade mode this time around I think. I enjoy using the Custom settings to allow what length to race. Perhaps down the road they will come out with an update for the career mode. Fingers crossed.
If your idea of being different is removing 90% of the content, you're doing it for the completely wrong reasons.

So the full game unlocks after finishing all the side quests? I doubt, many of us expect to get much less. A reward car.
Why are they "side quests" when they feature the same things previous GT's did? 'License tests' are now rebranded. Endurance races are not called the same thing. But they are still in the game. 100m braking is in there just like almost every single Gran Turismo. Same thing with Slalom challenge. Same thing with one lap battles. And on and on. Instead of ragging the game because it isn't this or that, look at the stuff that it has and think back to how it was before. Just because you don't have Sunday Cup in an underpowered pos, don't mean this ain't Gran Turismo! :D

How about this.

Can't we have the new great features along with the old stuff? It's 2017 for crying out loud, I want it all baby :sly:

This is sort of my argument, do i need a 1000 cars? No. But wheres nitrous? Wheres being able to swap wheels from one brand of car onto the other? Wheres oil changes? Where's drag racing from GT4? Where's all the great fictional tracks from previous titles? it literally feels like they said, well we're giving them a livery editor. That's enough.. IT'S NOT!

I'm loving the game the only downside for me is all the original tracks are missing.

I've got to be honest that is the sole reason I bought the game so it's a massive disappointment for me.

I hope they are working on a patch that has the Rome track as I killed it round that thing

Why are they "side quests" when they feature the same things previous GT's did? 'License tests' are now rebranded. Endurance races are not called the same thing. But they are still in the game. 100m braking is in there just like almost every single Gran Turismo. Same thing with Slalom challenge. Same thing with one lap battles. And on and on. Instead of ragging the game because it isn't this or that, look at the stuff that it has and think back to how it was before. Just because you don't have Sunday Cup in an underpowered pos, don't mean this ain't Gran Turismo! :D

The difference is that it took my brother and myself 3 months of playing almost every night to complete GT4, whereas it'll take a day at the most to do the campaign stuff in GTS.

The difference is that it took my brother and myself 3 months of playing almost every night to complete GT4, whereas it'll take a day at the most to do the campaign stuff in GTS.

True statement. Gt4 was rough.

Why are they "side quests" when they feature the same things previous GT's did? 'License tests' are now rebranded.
What exactly is the point of finishing all the 'rebranded' licenses except prize cars. None.

Last edited:
Regarding the content, PD turned the game into a serious online racing game where the racing is the focus, it's lost a lot of the casual appeal where players just want to collect and modify cars and the racing itself takes a back seat. I suspect a lot of the audience will have luke warm feelings about it because of this..

The guys who are actually interested mostly in the racing are absolutely in the minority.

Gt was all ways the bench Mark.... now it feels like he wanted to copy project cars and make a online racer .

Gt put cars on the map nobody had ever heard off ! Ftos? Nissan pulsars? What the hell is a r32...
These cars are to this day getting shipped round the globe for silly money and that's still down to the original gt games ..... What's GTS going to put on the map ? :(

I miss the second hand car market .

Last edited:
This isn't the disappointment thread, it's the 'my pre-release opinion needs validation' thread. Most of you sound like you expected to be let down, and the game met your expectations, so here we are.

Kaz has not been delivering on promises for years, in my opinion it's deliberate (the last post I made about that subject got taken down so I'll let it go) and for good reason. He is building what he 'wants while telling you what you want to hear-in my opinion that's the best way to create things in the modern era of internet entitlement.

The game will either sell, or not. This might be all the offline content we ever get. Or not. The online saves only could be a deal-breaker. Or maybe it will be fine. Thrustmaster wheels don't work!!!!! Unless that can be addressed via a patch. It's not 1996, we have no idea what is planned for down the road. Maybe nothing!

To evaluate this game as if it's locked down from day one on is absurd, it's certainly not the attitude I've been reading in the PCars2 thread. Lots of patience over there, faith in the developers to get the issues sorted, it's just that they had to release it before GTS or it's dead in the water, etc.

Excuses, basically.

No room for excuses with Kaz and GT though, they gotta be perfect.

I'm enjoying the game as it's been delivered. If we get more content down the road, awesome. If not, I have other options, just like you all do.

Regarding the content, PD turned the game into a serious online racing game where the racing is the focus, it's lost a lot of the casual appeal where players just want to collect and modify cars and the racing itself takes a back seat. I suspect a lot of the audience will have luke warm feelings about it because of this..

The guys who are actually interested mostly in the racing are absolutely in the minority.
My guess is you probably don’t track the car in real life. Modifying cars is a big huge thing in world of racing. Last time I was on the track only stock cars was Focus Rs(which is a huge disappointment that they don’t have one of the most wanted hot hatches on the market now) and civic tybe r, and that’s because the cars are still pretty new. Every car is modified pretty much. It’s 2017 if I was able to put a suspension 20 years ago on Gran turismo I expect to pick and a brand of the suspension, 2way 3way coilovers..... and much more. My worst disappointment is the modification, who ever thinks that modification is not part of true racing experience well than my guess you most likely never raced anywhere except games.

Good thing you got those custom races to go to!

No game is going to suit everyone, and that's the truth. There's a crowd who clamor for a 'career mode' then one's who say it's boring or repetitive and scripted. If you didn't pay any attention to this game before release, you may be surprised it's different this time. But anyone who looked at the news and paid some attention to it knew that the typical career of GT's was gone in this game. But you still have missions. You still have events. You get the license tests from old GT's rebranded as something else.

Myself, there were times I didn't like to have to do tests just to enter an A or S class event. It was GT'ish, but at the same time it was kind of a chore. I like GT Sport for the fact that you can pick up and play. And with the sport mode, or online, you don't have to go through some long, drawn out tutorial. Watch 5 minutes worth of videos everyone should know about and have at it. With the way things are today, I think more people are inclined to like that type of thing. Times change and PD made a change (and gamble) with how GT Sport plays. I don't mind it one way or the other.

You guys get me wrong I still love and enjoy the game, I’m about to get get the steering and the seat for it so yes I’m gonna spend some money on it because I love the game and no other car games can compare to it in my opinion. I’m saying I expected more, and especially I hate the car history lesson waist of space

I disagree that no other car games come close because GT sport needs progression and development... PD has always had the ethos of the gaming community being the testers and then they progress the game with updates. it will undoubtedly get better but it's nowhere near Asseto corsa on driving feel and immersion in its current state. I have been playing asseto corsa for a year and I can genuinely say it made me better with a wheel.

I think I need to set up a pc rig and go iRacing.
I don’t mind content is low etc

However when you make a game primarily for online racing at least get that part right.

I have ranted in a few threads and my anger about Driver rating and etiquette still just induce severe rage.

The three short races per hour thing is just terrible! And the three tracks they give us, on release day no doubt, have to be the worst three in the game! That short oval is just pathetic!
Give me Eiger, Laguna Seca and Deep Forrest ffs!

I didn't expect this three short races per hour thing would be the whole make up of the sport mode, I thought that was just a taster for the demo. Pretty disappointed with it tbh.

It's going to be a long 5 years wait until GT7 on PS5 :(

The three short races per hour thing is just terrible! And the three tracks they give us, on release day no doubt, have to be the worst three in the game! That short oval is just pathetic!
Give me Eiger, Laguna Seca and Deep Forrest ffs!

I didn't expect this three short races per hour thing would be the whole make up of the sport mode, I thought that was just a taster for the demo. Pretty disappointed with it tbh.

It's going to be a long 5 years wait until GT7 on PS5 :(

I want to see trial mountain, deep forest in current gen there is no reason they leave out these classic track..

The game advertised itself as having a huge offline campaign. KAZ said that no features from previous games were dropped and that GTS has the most features of any GT game. We were promised weather just not dynamic. That's what was advertized. Did you get that with your game?

I am still waiting for my 7 post tuning rig that was promised when I pre-ordered GT6. :D

Latest Posts

Back