GT Sport Closed Beta Updated to v1.05

Hey, you can join us hate that bloody BREAK flash...

As i said, dont expect additions in this patch, it shrunk the overall game size by a gig.

Has anyone else encountered issues/bugs when starting a daily race? I'd post in the beta test forum but I can't get in atm.

I'd post a video-link from YT but I miss-saved the footage (it's gone) and I wasn't streaming, the folllowing happened just 10minutes ago:

Brands hatch Indy GR.4 race loaded up; warm-up starts & I head out on track with most of the other cars. My qualy position was p4 on a 49.890. Just before the warm-up ends I get used as a brake and end up in a sandbox. I went off throttle and awaited the race-start, only 2 seconds left on warm-up timer after this moment.

Race grid showing starts & I notice a car missing on the grid, my car in p4 is not there, lol.

View changes to drivers perspective & my car's parked where player starts their qualifying runs on brands hatch Indy... i ended the race in p12 & had fun racing but what the hell at that bug.

I've had several other races (pre 1.05) where the guy on pole position had a time that was over 1 minute slower than the guy in p2. I haven't seen any of these in 1.05 tho.

I have noticed what I think are inconsistencies in the grid sorting, but only after 1.05;

Before this last update I had the impression that the grids were always sorted by qualification time, and very populated with same rankings zones.

Now, I have screenshots of crazy grids, like you discribe, in fact not sorted by any of the parameters; looks like these races were "formed" in a FIFO basis. PD is brainstorming, I guess ... Also there are guys from B, C and D all mixed up. Wild parties, really :cool:

I agree with Porsche to an extent. I have pretty much all of the major sims on PC aside from rFactor and GT will never reach those levels of realism. However GT has always, in my opinion, been king at delivering the best balance of realism and forgiving physics out of any of the racing games out. That is just one of the many reasons I think GT has been so successful! From what I have experienced so far in my experience in the beta they are still holding true to that. I think what Porsche is trying to say is theres a lot of people who want or expect GTS to deliever the same level of realism that is seen in titles like iracing, rfactor, or assetto (even though the console version is terrible) and GT has never been about that before and probably wont be ever. Thats fine, we can still go to those games for that level of realism. I still personally have had more fun playing GT overall than I have on the more hardcore sims.

Maybe I'm just noticing this now with the trees in Nurburgring, but are they all dead? I was watching my reply and no sway at all, leaves all static, frozen. Is it like this on all tracks?

Don't stress over it. Laugh at it. By that point, you were being baited. It isn't fair.
Sorry to disappoint, no baiting involved. Just pointing out the obvious. Telling other people to play what they like is like telling people to breath or eat. Everyone plays what they like by definition.

now, I'm waiting for version 1.06

This is ridiculous ... the game physics have been dumbed down to the point that I'm just going to pretty much set it aside,
and wait for the next version.

I'm watching streams and replays of races, with folks pulling all kinds of shenanigans, and gaining,
... supposed to be upper level rated drivers ... shameful

Sorry to disappoint, no baiting involved. Just pointing out the obvious. Telling other people to play what they like is like telling people to breath or eat. Everyone plays what they like by definition.

I'm not sure if can equate gaming with basic life functioning? :lol: He has a point though, and so do you. Let's squash it already and move on. 👍

Honestly I feel that the update gave the hard compounds a bit too much grip. Dare I say the tires feel like medium compounds. I feel as though TCS is not necessary. But I will say this update makes the game more fun imo than before. Now the Audi R8 LMS and Ferrari 458 GT3 are actually driveable for my abilities.

I'm not sure if can equate gaming with basic life functioning? :lol: He has a point though, and so do you. Let's squash it already and move on. 👍

Honestly I feel that the update gave the hard compounds a bit too much grip. Dare I say the tires feel like medium compounds. I feel as though TCS is not necessary. But I will say this update makes the game more fun imo than before. Now the Audi R8 LMS and Ferrari 458 GT3 are actually driveable for my abilities.
I feel the hards did get more grip but not crazy grippy they actually feel more natural to me. I can still break the rear end well at least with the MCLAREN but the car feel a lot more controllable giving me more confidence. I hit a 6:56 on the ring tonight and had a blast online finish 3rd 7th and 2nd tonight. It seems people are understanding the new SR system pretty clean tonight.

I feel the hards did get more grip but not crazy grippy they actually feel more natural to me. I can still break the rear end well at least with the MCLAREN but the car feel a lot more controllable giving me more confidence. I hit a 6:56 on the ring tonight and had a blast online finish 3rd 7th and 2nd tonight. It seems people are understanding the new SR system pretty clean tonight.

It sounds to me like the games physics engine is capable enough to tell you where the cars limits are. Sounds quite nice if it were true; if that isn't the case then I wish it were true.

Under seven minutes seems ungodly fast, but I haven't played the Nordschliefe in two years - on GT6. If I do decide to get GT Sport after all, I'll need a lot of practice. Gran Turismo 3 isn't close! Haha.

I really really hope the SR system is reeeaaally worked out before release. Please, on GT6, unless you were in a racing team or hung out with friends, online was garbage; not because of the system, it was the players. Hated it. I want to be able to go through the ranks and race with top notch drivers for once, or clean drivers. I want realistic competition, not jokers and children - no offense to them, they're just inexperienced.

Those are my thoughts.

Sometime when i see this kind of real racing move, i ask myself if GTS 1.05 update is unrealistic or not. ??
So i ask the question to the real racers gamers. I´m just a gamer.

That will never happen in a game, he flat spotted his tires so bad he will need to change them

Maybe I just overtuned my car to get rid of wheel spin, or I just got use to the Mclaren that well. I managed a 6:46 in the Nurb with it. But like you, I do feel a lot more confident in throwing the car into a corner and see what comes of it.

It sounds to me like the games physics engine is capable enough to tell you where the cars limits are. Sounds quite nice if it were true; if that isn't the case then I wish it were true.

Under seven minutes seems ungodly fast, but I haven't played the Nordschliefe in two years - on GT6. If I do decide to get GT Sport after all, I'll need a lot of practice. Gran Turismo 3 isn't close! Haha.

I really really hope the SR system is reeeaaally worked out before release. Please, on GT6, unless you were in a racing team or hung out with friends, online was garbage; not because of the system, it was the players. Hated it. I want to be able to go through the ranks and race with top notch drivers for once, or clean drivers. I want realistic competition, not jokers and children - no offense to them, they're just inexperienced.

Those are my thoughts.
The feeling im getting playing GTS is the same sensation I get playing AC, it just feels like im driving the car now after the update. Before the update I was playing with the throttle extremely carefully and it was not so much of the tires even though some times you would just break loose out of nowhere. The chassis just felt like I was not connect which I could understand because I don't have a wheel. I always felt like I could go faster but the lack of the feedback was killing me. Now it's like I can feel the car much better and use the momentum of the car which is helping me with the turns big time. What GTS need to work on is I think it too forgiving, but it's weird sometimes driving on the grass and dirt will kill you but more times you can get away with it. Thats where AC separate it's self from GTS big time. I Think clean pure driving GTS is going in the right direction big time, but they have to work on the consequences for bad driving as of right now in this beta.

As for online I am having a blast! Don't get me wrong you get your occasional bone heads but majority of people are respecting the new SR system. My race on the ring was great tonight and the grid was mixed up good!

Another thing really good is how smooth the online racing for me has been. I have maybe seen 4 times where the lag was a little wacky other than that the cars look as if you were playing offline againts the AI thats how natural it looks. I ping at 12 so that might be the factor I have no clue.

That will never happen in a game, he flat spotted his tires so bad he will need to change them
I´am really impressed by the way they are passing over the kerb, if somebody do this in GT there will be somebody to say how arcady and unrealistic the game is.... blablabla, even me. This show how stable strong a racing car is and able to do incredible move.
I´m not sure you can do this kind of things in a real SIM...... but it´s possible, as the video is showing.

The feeling im getting playing GTS is the same sensation I get playing AC, it just feels like im driving the car now after the update. Before the update I was playing with the throttle extremely carefully and it was not so much of the tires even though some times you would just break loose out of nowhere. The chassis just felt like I was not connect which I could understand because I don't have a wheel. I always felt like I could go faster but the lack of the feedback was killing me. Now it's like I can feel the car much better and use the momentum of the car which is helping me with the turns big time. What GTS need to work on is I think it too forgiving, but it's weird sometimes driving on the grass and dirt will kill you but more times you can get away with it. Thats where AC separate it's self from GTS big time. I Think clean pure driving GTS is going in the right direction big time, but they have to work on the consequences for bad driving as of right now in this beta.

As for online I am having a blast! Don't get me wrong you get your occasional bone heads but majority of people are respecting the new SR system. My race on the ring was great tonight and the grid was mixed up good!

Another thing really good is how smooth the online racing for me has been. I have maybe seen 4 times where the lag was a little wacky other than that the cars look as if you were playing offline againts the AI thats how natural it looks. I ping at 12 so that might be the factor I have no clue.

So basically there is more feedback for controller users. Great! I feel like that's going to be the vast majority of the players.

You're right. GTS feels great but it is lacking as far as giving consequences. For instance, if you push AC too hard, you're really going to pay for it.

Maybe they make the game dynamically around SR. Basically they should remove aids after certain SR levels. Sounds like an idea but everyone needs those options.

Great to hear that online mode is competitive and clean!

Yesterday I attacked for second place at Aremberg corner (just after Schwedenkreuz) at Nordschleife when the grip loss happened. I was on the right side very near to the track edge but not on grass. The feel could be described as like on dirt, tyres just not biting enough during braking.
I destroyed my success chances there. Fortunately the racing fellow got #3 position.
So maybe there is lobbies with unclean kind of track conditions every now and then?

Edit: It was my second Nür race of the evening. The first race was very heated and successfull with no strange scenes.

Last edited:
This is not the first time PD changes the physics to accommodate a certain type of players.

The worst of all being in the very first Gran Turismo, where cars were flying on jumps: during a visit i had to PD studio in Tokyo at the end of GT2 development (around march 99 i think), one journalist asked K. Yamauchi why. He answered that since US players were reputed to like more drama and "wow" emotions, they decided to decrease the gravity in both the US and Europeans versions of the game. Seeing incredulity across a room with only European journalists, he then asked if he made the right choice. The answer was so unanimous that he laughed and felt sorry.

Great to hear that online mode is competitive and clean!
I still have to play seriously to GTS, but i'm not surprised, since Forza 6 use a league system and that i had only clean races once in the top one (minus the ones with the infamous bug where some opponent cars may not appear on track while being present for the physic engine)

All these updates and I still can't try it. My beta code didn't work, showed up as redeemed and it won't let me download it. It's not in my library or in my downloads, and speaking to people on the gtsport forum or Sony on their phone line didn't work... I'm really sad about this.

All these updates and I still can't try it. My beta code didn't work, showed up as redeemed and it won't let me download it. It's not in my library or in my downloads, and speaking to people on the gtsport forum or Sony on their phone line didn't work... I'm really sad about this.

Have you tried to redeem it with another account (US)? It worked for me.

Maybe I'm wrong but a beta isn't supposed to be only some tweaks? When I see Dragon Trail, it's clearly not finished and some features are not implemented yet. Sure, it's useful for stress testing and some BOP adjustements, but I start to think it's a way to keep the fans. (soon two months and there is a phase 3)

Sometimes you play a simulator only because you want to drive at a track you love that doesn't exist in other sims, or to diversify the driving experience, after lapping too much at the same tracks in only one sim. The same thing for cars (Laferrari, some old cars, Porsches ... you can only play them with AC if you have a PS4). You can change from a sim to another to battle with differents AI too.

For the moment there's only two "good" car simulators in PS4 (+Dirt for rally-tracks), so people play what they find in the market... and obviously is very difficult to please everybody in every area, realistics sensations, realistics sounds, realistic physics, realistic AI ...

So many times we have to give up with the only options in the market, not playing what we like. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Is that a threat? Because it shure reads like that not very friendly.

I can say what my feelings are when i like if i dont hurt people with it..... take a beer its friday and relax.

Medicore for who? Its jus a GT game but better in all fronts. But not good enough for some people that constant referrering to other games. My point is that if you think that those other game do better you can play those because you can.

Some things that people want to change are real GT things they wont change that because its GT. Cant explain myself better then this because iam not english.

Everbody can do and say what they want iam just giving my input.

Edit: i dont think its MEDICORE just a beta....

I have Asseto Corsa and Pcars and even though I recognize they are great driving games, they just don't pull me as much as a GT does. No personality, no cool BGM, choice of cars is more limited (I prefer regular production cars to Gr.4, GR. 3 cars and I think there is a good portion of people who feel like me) . Plus all the cool signature tracks I want to race again. Eg: deep forest, el capitan, Trial Mountain.

Maybe I'm wrong but a beta isn't supposed to be only some tweaks? When I see Dragon Trail, it's clearly not finished and some features are not implemented yet. Sure, it's useful for stress testing and some BOP adjustements, but I start to think it's a way to keep the fans. (soon two months and there is a phase 3)

As you wrote, it's clearly not finished. This makes me wonder how they went from a release date on Nov. 15th to "clearly not finished" in April 2017. We know that PD takes a lot more time to make their games but that just seems strange. Unless they were planning to release only some of the tracks that are already finished and distributes the unfinished ones via DLC at a later date.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back