GT Sport Closed Beta Updated to v1.05

That's one thing that bugs me. Mid engine cars seem to be getting screwed BOP wise. The fastest cars in GT3 and GT4 are front engine cars, and there's a pretty huge gap between some.

Got another win:cheers: not much action, but look at that launch.. :crazy: like a different group. I just love that Ferrari - it "feels fast" and involved... and looks cool:cheers:. Cant wait gr3 Ring to be back..

And i beat my best qualifying time by almost a second.. in a race. :dopey: which doesnt count as a q time btw.. :indiff:

Might be true with faster guys, but around 1:13 at willow im doing just fine.. :cheers:

Todays races (13/05), it wont let me choose a Gr3 car for the Gr3 group, all i see is Gr4 on the list.

Are PD promising anything for bug reports?

It happen to me yesterday, needed to restart PS4 to have all the cars again.

It wouldn't let me go for N300 either, showing only Gr4 cars. Closing and reopening the game worked too. Mind you however, the garage showed all cars while having the issue, only the changing list had issues (in Sport obviously).

The game seems to behave odd if started after a suspension (stand by). Many times, it hangs on the first image with the logo. Things get stranger if the game was already on the background while on suspension, it hangs many times on random places, options, profile, blank page between switching. Clearly not crashing as music works and buttons have audio feedback.

Probably been asked a fair bit but is there a way of manipulating the cars you get for driving the 26 miles each day or is it random?

Have cars from previous days/weeks been given out that won't get given again or can you still unlock all the cars in the beta?

I barely played it for the first week or so of the beta so I didn't even realise you unlocked cars this way until later on.

Probably been asked a fair bit but is there a way of manipulating the cars you get for driving the 26 miles each day or is it random?

Have cars from previous days/weeks been given out that won't get given again or can you still unlock all the cars in the beta?

I barely played it for the first week or so of the beta so I didn't even realise you unlocked cars this way until later on.
NOt that I'm aware of. In the beginning more Gr3 cars then over the last days cars of every class.
Most recently Ferrari 458, Audi TTS, Renault Trophy

Well there is that old Time Zone glitch you could do, but that's about it.

I wonder if PDI are tempted to rename game to GT7 and Sport just be an online game mode. They've gone to standard GT logo for 1.05 replays. I don't think it would take too much effort to bolster the offline content to be worthy of a numbered full GT game. Will likely sell better as a full priced game and generate more hype.

Last edited:
I wonder if PDI are tempted to rename game to GT7 and Sport just be an online game mode. They've gone to standard GT logo for 1.05 replays.

This is not only a cosmectic change. The GTSport logo was good, so no need to change it. There were some signs before but this change is a good hint I think. The next one would be if they release new screenshots with the Gran Turismo watermark instead of the usual GTSport.

I wonder if PDI are tempted to rename game to GT7 and Sport just be an online game mode. They've gone to standard GT logo for 1.05 replays. I don't think it would take too much effort to bolster the offline content to be worthy of a numbered full GT game. Will likely sell better as a full priced game and generate more hype.
This makes sense. Based on content besides Sport Mode, GT Sport is indeed - from what i know - a true and full GT game, with a career mode.
First PS2 full GT game was first named Gran Turismo 2000 before being renamed Gran Turismo 3.
First PS3 full GT game was first announced as Gran Turismo HD, before becoming Gran Turismo 5 (preceded by Gran Turismo HD Concept and Gran Turismo 5 Prologue).

Back