GT Sport Closed Beta Updated to v1.05

As you wrote, it's clearly not finished. This makes me wonder how they went from a release date on Nov. 15th to "clearly not finished" in April 2017. We know that PD takes a lot more time to make their games but that just seems strange. Unless they were planning to release only some of the tracks that are already finished and distributes the unfinished ones via DLC at a later date.

Ps4 Pro + FIA

Maybe I'm wrong but a beta isn't supposed to be only some tweaks? When I see Dragon Trail, it's clearly not finished and some features are not implemented yet. Sure, it's useful for stress testing and some BOP adjustements, but I start to think it's a way to keep the fans. (soon two months and there is a phase 3)
The have added trees, tents, dirt on the track that can be kicked up, and cleaned up the mountain background. What else do you think they will add?

Great, when the update came out I was rated B/B, thanks to all the crash kiddies I'm now at C/E.
This makes me so not excited for the full game. Racing against randoms makes no sense.
I'm a really clean driver and try to avoid contact all the time and still can't keep my SR up.

Great, when the update came out I was rated B/B, thanks to all the crash kiddies I'm now at C/E.
This makes me so not excited for the full game. Racing against randoms makes no sense.
I'm a really clean driver and try to avoid contact all the time and still can't keep my SR up.
I would say that is one of the lesser problems with the last update.

Both known quantities for a first-party studio like PD for literally years. The original FIA announcement was 35 months ago.
Fair enough, but people who tried it were saying the visual quality of VR for GTS wasn't good. It's concerning it will only be available for a mode in GTS and no details given about it. They may even force a great deal of limitations in that mode.

By "a great deal," I mean it'll leave people feeling pissed off after so much time they've had to figure out how they could implement it so as to not reduce the experience in terms of the standards of today. Hopefully, they won't need to further limit the grid size or be forced to leave weather, only, out of that mode. Ugh, it's so frustrating having had high expectations of an awesome feature to only be told it will be limited to this one mode and probably including less than that.

I would say that is one of the lesser problems with the last update.
Well, then what are the other ones? The physics? If that's one of the problems, I'm not sure it'll last. To me, it's obvious they're tinkering with the system.

And I can't remember any of the other problems. Could you not be vague, and instead, list the problems 1.05 brought?

And could you list the improvements? One that I know of is the update brightened some of the interior views, giving them far greater clarity. And I'm sure [USER=103825]@G.T.Ace[/USER] said the lighting's contrast was reduced (which was one of his gripes with the lighting engine).

I'm loosing it with PD. I'm sick and tiered of looking on a Christmas tree amount of colours/lights on the screen.
And what does PD do ? They put a flashing break indicator in the middle of your FOV and the only way to get rid of it is to disable the whole HUD...
hahaha It is bull crap. They're blatantly trolling beta players by doing this. It's fine to have a notification like the gear indicator they've had for all these years. Why wouldn't they include the HUD customization Kaz said there will be. Pretty sure he said there will be. Even if he didn't, it's 100% expected the HUD will be customizable. It's 2017, not the 1980's.

Last edited:
The have added trees, tents, dirt on the track that can be kicked up, and cleaned up the mountain background. What else do you think they will add?
The layout is cool but the mountain looks muddy, the pitlane is not even finished. I mean, it's a big AAA, it's Gran Turismo, not an obscure game, every track in Forza shows it's a AAA.

That "BRAKE" on screen seems entirely unnecessary and frankly insulting! Is it possible to turn it off? Was better when it just had the gear indicator flash red
I created a new thread about this because we can turn it off!
You can check it. It will help you:cheers:
IMG_20170508_134503.jpg

The layout is cool but the mountain looks muddy, the pitlane is not even finished. I mean, it's a big AAA, it's Gran Turismo, not an obscure game, every track in Forza shows it's a AAA.
It is still just the beta. And if the track has been updated in an updated version of the beta then for the finished product it should be done even more so. I think that can be assumed to be likely.

That brake in the middle of the screen, it comes way too early.
Exactly!
It is also useless sometimes.
Atleast for me. Even though the brake alert shows up I don't brake and get the turn fast enough. Or release the throttle a bit.

Keep getting cars pusshing me of track :( always thefight from last place after got rammed ending at end of top 10

The brake indicator is similar to GT6, generally it flashes about 3 seconds too early, so when you see if flash, count to 3, then start brake or just lift off depending on your speed and corner :P :lol:
True. I could say the same about the "suggested" gear, which is almost always one lower than what I use. Always the same story since GT5 Prologue.

True. I could say the same about the "suggested" gear, which is almost always one lower than what I use. Always the same story since GT5 Prologue.

I can't understand why PD didn't use similar way like in GT6, brake alert function together with suggested gear indicator, it flashes for brake and shows the gear number for the next corner in non obstructive way.

I can't understand why PD didn't use similar way like in GT6, brake alert function together with suggested gear indicator, it flashes for brake and shows the gear number for the next corner in non obstructive way.

Actually if you noticed it is still there on GTS :

Screenshot_20170510-195559.jpg

Screenshot_20170510-195559_1.jpg

The flashing "Brake" warning were also appeared in the same time when the gear indicator started to flash :

Screenshot_20170510-201540_1.jpg

So I would say that "Brake" warning sign should be able to turned off in the next update since you already have flashing gear indicator to tell you for gear change and brake warning as well. As the result, that "Brake" warning in the middle is not really useful imo, why you have two brake warning at the same time?

Last edited:
Why have two of everything in the hud? And if you do why can't they have them synced? cough, cough, RPM's

Havent checked the sync so closely, but you have notices the horizontal bar is just part of the rev range? Like in the picture its 7400-8700rpm. Why it doesnt go all the way to limiter.. Beats me. :odd::indiff:

All i would need is the gear indicator. Rpm i can hear, but not yet gear indicator on my wheel and using bumper cam. And why not the suggested gear for tracks i dont drive so often - using it more as a co-driver than actual best gear.. :lol:

And how do you turn it off without turning the whole HUD off?.

You can't currently. There are three options: All, Racing Info (or something like that, it turns off everything except timing etc.) and everything off.

Have to wait for the full game :cheers:

Last edited:
Why have two of everything in the hud?

Probably an experiment, but as the result cause some testers quite distracted by that. Definitely PD should give an option to turned the "Brake" sign off or simply throw it away in the next update. I think the more familiar "blinking gear indicator" is already enough to warn us when is the right time to brake and lift off the gas, while also told us to prepare for gear change at the same time. It is also flashes btw, so no need for another blinking sign for brake warning imo.

Last edited:
AJt9PF.png

yZmfUA.png

MAKxYP.png

rMKXFr.png
Wow. How did you even get those photos?

All the cars feel like they have more grip which is not a bad thing. I was just on Dragon trail with the McLaren and it feels great much more predictable! I think the BOP might be a little better I was able to compete with some guys who usually beat me.

That's one thing that bugs me. Mid engine cars seem to be getting screwed BOP wise. The fastest cars in GT3 and GT4 are front engine cars, and there's a pretty huge gap between some.

The thing that's bugging me right now is I'm stuck only in sport mode. Since i got a post 1.05 install on my pro, it can't be accessed. Looks like I missed it. But at least I can practice and get the daily workout reward. Maybe PS4 will let us transfer our progress to the actual release of GTSport.

Back