GT Sport Closed Beta ver1.04 Released: New Tracks Coming, European Access Begins April 15

Which makes no sense afterall because they anyways have limited online race time, so why we cant drive arcade mode in the spare time ? Oh well...

Then deactivate it during online races that people are forced to race online. But the rest of the day it should be accesable... well lets see !

From what I read the races will run daily at the set times :-

"Beta racing schedule

Hosting of race events starting 15 April | 13:00 UTC / 14:00 BST / 15:00 CEST

During the weekend

Race Hours | 15:00-18:00 UTC / 16:00-19:00 BST / 17:00-20:00 CEST

During the weekdays

Race Hours | 17:00 – 20:00 UTC / 18:00-21:00 BST / 19:00-22:00 CEST

We look forward to seeing you all in the beta this weekend!"

You will be able to qualify your times in TT before the races (I can't see this being limited in time too much) so from Late Fri/Sat every day you should be at least be able to play a TT even if you miss the race or get on the new tracks available to try them out. They said they are giving the codes out now so everyone can download it and it was not all done on the sat etc and bear with them until the weekend 👍

p.s UTC = GMT

Austria also :cheers:

Unbenannt.JPG

From what I read the races will run daily at the set times :-

"Beta racing schedule

Hosting of race events starting 15 April | 13:00 UTC / 14:00 BST / 15:00 CEST

During the weekend

Race Hours | 15:00-18:00 UTC / 16:00-19:00 BST / 17:00-20:00 CEST

During the weekdays

Race Hours | 17:00 – 20:00 UTC / 18:00-21:00 BST / 19:00-22:00 CEST

We look forward to seeing you all in the beta this weekend!"

You will be able to qualify your times in TT before the races (I can't see this being limited in time too much) so from Late Fri/Sat every day you should be at least be able to play a TT even if you miss the race or get on the new tracks available to try them out. They said they are giving the codes out now so everyone can download it and it was not all done on the sat etc and bear with them until the weekend 👍

p.s UTC = GMT

16:00 Weekdays? So if you finish work at 17:00 plus commute that isn't looking good at all.

Guys if anyone have 2 acc with access, give me one pleeeease:cheers::drool:
From everything I have seen/heard, the codes are specific to the issues PSN. So even if someone had an "extra", it would not do you any good. Also, try and find your shift key. ;)

Question? U all that have received a code do u have a Playstation 4 console? i haven't bought one yet. so i was wondering if it's something thats mandatory? in getting a code?

Question? U all that have received a code do u have a Playstation 4 console? i haven't bought one yet. so i was wondering if it's something thats mandatory? in getting a code?
Let me answer your question: No, you do not need a ps4 to get a code. I myself do not own a ps4 (soon tho) and I signed up in the US phase of the beta and got the confirmation that I can participate and download the beta.:lol:

Because it also says that you are allowed to share footage of the game via Sony approved first party means (Like streaming via the Twitch app on the PS4) or using the share button to upload to youtube.

Thanks for this clarification. I think the terms were detailed after the initial screen. Have to say I remember the bit about not sharing information on game which was in first or second paragraph, but didn't notice anything about official ps4 means (e.g. Share button), being permitted, although I only had a brief time to look at it.

So you guys in EU who got an invite can download the beta but it won't let you go to Sport mode and run time trial laps right now?

The GT website has been updated:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_4068634.html?t=gtsport

The Gran Turismo Sport Closed BETA Test currently being hosted in North America will now be expanded to the EU regions.

Simultaneously in the latest 1.04 Update, we have fixed certain issues and added improvements based on player feedback, as well as adding new content.

Continuing on from North America, we would like to invite Europe to the Gran Turismo Sport BETA Test. We hope you will take part and join us in the test.

The Gran Turismo Sport Closed BETA Test will be expanding its countries and areas of coverage while evaluating its server loads and stability. Later on, we are also planning to expand the Test to Asia and Japan.
👍

16:00 Weekdays? So if you finish work at 17:00 plus commute that isn't looking good at all.

p.s Are they not 17.00 to 20.00 weekdays? You should be able to get a quick race in each evening unless you work all hours 👍

Also don't forget while sitting watching replays in the menu press R1 button for different views and interior sound:cheers:

Last edited:
Does anybody know if there is the chance to download the beta Image (17 Gb for me) on a PC and then install on PS4 via an external drive? I know it may seems like a curious question, but where I live I can only rely on a mobile connection bundle (4G network, 10 Gb per month) so there is really no way at the time being for me to get access to the beta...struggling in doing this...

So you guys in EU who got an invite can download the beta but it won't let you go to Sport mode and run time trial laps right now?
Exactly.PD knows better.We can use the beta only on race days and they expect from us to give feedback.Clever.

The GT website has been updated:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_4068634.html?t=gtsport

The Gran Turismo Sport Closed BETA Test currently being hosted in North America will now be expanded to the EU regions.

Simultaneously in the latest 1.04 Update, we have fixed certain issues and added improvements based on player feedback, as well as adding new content.

Continuing on from North America, we would like to invite Europe to the Gran Turismo Sport BETA Test. We hope you will take part and join us in the test.

The Gran Turismo Sport Closed BETA Test will be expanding its countries and areas of coverage while evaluating its server loads and stability. Later on, we are also planning to expand the Test to Asia and Japan.
👍

p.s Are they not 17.00 to 20.00 weekdays? You should be able to get a quick race in each evening unless you work all hours 👍

Also don't forget while sitting watching replays in the menu press R1 button for different views and interior sound :cheers:
si all those guys with japanese flag were probably PD/SONY people

Exactly.PD knows better.We can use the beta only on race days and they expect from us to give feedback.Clever.
I can understand that they expect us to give feedback, that is the whole point of the Beta.
But would have loved to have a go at a time train to get dialed in before the online races.

So we are supposed to give constructive feedback on various aspects of the game, based off some non-matched online races at set times, rather than being able to run laps on our own? Come on Sony/PD, it wouldn't be like you giving us the whole game if we could just run timed laps outside of the race schedule, and you would get way way more comprehensive feedback. Well from me at least.

For you EU users, Im going to guess that the Sport time trial will open and start being available for use at some point before the first EU scheduled race. I think it has to be as your time trial time is your quali time for the races on that track, and determines grid position. Thats how the beta has worked so far.

So for us in the US, we always have access to Sport time trial mode for the various car type/track combo of the current available races, even though Arcade was removed.

Latest Posts

Back