GT Sport Driver Coaching

• Thread starter RaceFace85
  • 260 comments
You reduce the brake input very digitally. You first brake with 100% intput and then the input goes instantly down to about 60%. After that it goes instantly down to 0%. This is the same way how the braking input looks with the buffer of the G29 pedals.

You reduce the brake input very digitally. You first brake with 100% intput and then the input goes instantly down to about 60%. After that it goes instantly down to 0%. This is the same way how the braking input looks with the buffer of the G29 pedals.
Thanks. I did, quite early on in playing the game, ditch the load cell and started to use the non-load cell pedal instead. That was before I'd made myself a sim rig to have a nice solid seat, so I'd had in mind to give the load cell pedal another try, now that applying that kind of force won't cause me the same problems. IIRC I still felt the game's response to the load cell was rather non-linear, but it's definitely well worth me giving it another try, now I've played the game a lot more. I've been put off doing it because it's a fair bit of messing about to swap the pedals over, but now you've identified that as the biggest problem, I'll definitely swap them over again ASAP.

Thanks. I did, quite early on in playing the game, ditch the load cell and started to use the non-load cell pedal instead. That was before I'd made myself a sim rig to have a nice solid seat, so I'd had in mind to give the load cell pedal another try, now that applying that kind of force won't cause me the same problems. IIRC I still felt the game's response to the load cell was rather non-linear, but it's definitely well worth me giving it another try, now I've played the game a lot more. I've been put off doing it because it's a fair bit of messing about to swap the pedals over, but now you've identified that as the biggest problem, I'll definitely swap them over again ASAP.

With a Porsche like in your video the problem is not that bad but I think that you have big issues with cars that understeer more.

Great thread! I recently got back into GT Sports and found I am still having alot of issues with braking (G29 pedals).
Here is my quickest lap on Spa for last weeks Race B. You don't have to be nice:D

You release the brake too fast.
Thanks:cheers: Can you point out in which corner this effects my lap time most? I wan't to practice in circuit challenge. And how much time do you think I can scrub of if I improve on slowing down the release of the brakes?

Thanks:cheers: Can you point out in which corner this effects my lap time most? I wan't to practice in circuit challenge. And how much time do you think I can scrub of if I improve on slowing down the release of the brakes?

In the slow corners this effects the most. I don't know how much time but there are some other cars with front engine where the effect is bigger.

I want to help GT Sport drivers to become faster drivers.
If you do not know how the "Aliens" get their Top 10 times and you are a few seconds off the leaderboard you are in the right thread here!

Upload a video of one lap to YouTube and I will tell you where and why you loose time and how you can improve your time.
It is important to see the gas and brake bars of the hud to give a meaningful feedback.

Also other drivers who are able to get Top 10 times are invited to help slower drivers!

Hi! This is so great that somebody gives advice to beginner players. I'm beginner too. Could you give me any advice? ;)

Hi! This is so great that somebody gives advice to beginner players. I'm beginner too. Could you give me any advice? ;)

It looks like your priority is a clean line but I think you can push the car a bit harder to the limit.

You could do some more trailbraking.

Please help me senpai I am so bad at this it makes me hate myself.

Not only are my quali times lacking, but I feel like I'm missing something entirely during races. I struggle with nerves during a race, and I hesitate to make passes unless the door is wide open for a clean and safe move.

If anyone else can spot any other problems, please do let me know. I feel like I've hit a wall on my own and I do need a lot of external help.

This thread doesn't seem very active anymore, but I can give it a try.

It's from the current Daily Races: Peugeot RCZ at Interlagos.

The current fastest time (1.37.122):

My fastest time (1:39.149):

I'm only 2 seconds off at the moment, which is pretty fast for myself and I can't get any faster. Looking forward to some kind of advice.

Thanks in advance!

This thread doesn't seem very active anymore, but I can give it a try.

It's from the current Daily Races: Peugeot RCZ at Interlagos.

The current fastest time (1.37.122):

My fastest time (1:39.149):

I'm only 2 seconds off at the moment, which is pretty fast for myself and I can't get any faster. Looking forward to some kind of advice.

Thanks in advance!

I think that a bit more trail braking will improve your time. You release the brake pretty fast. The line looks good.

Hi @RaceFace85
Any tips for improving this lap:

Ps I know the manu is finished, I just couldn't get too much out of this

I'm definitely no coach, and actually my best TT lap yesterday was less than half a sec quicker than yours, so won't be able to give any magic advice, but a few things I can pick up from your lap, which was pretty tidy, by the way, no major mistakes in it.
  • You braked a little bit too early for T1 (actually T2...), which in turn caused you to turn in a little bit too early as well, clipping the kerb more than ideal and making the rear slide. While you were already applying throttle, you had to get off it to catch the slide, that probably cost you between a tenth and a tenth and a half.

• The following right-handers are tricky to get right, but you had a tidy line there. Maybe you could have braked a little bit less and on the throttle slightly quicker, but they were good.

• In the quick left-hander before the corkscrew, I think it was tight enough on the entry, tighter is quicker but you will probably end up ruining more laps by touching the sausage kerb. I think you did brake a little bit too much though and steered a little bit too much too. Basically, I think you could have carried more speed into the corner and have a better exit by using the exit kerb, which you didn't make use of. Since you then have an uphill straight, that exit speed makes a big difference in laptime.

• In the corkscrew, another difficult one to get right, you could have made it straighter by using more of the track width on both entry and exit. You made it tighter for yourself than necessary, which reduced your cornering and exit speed.

• Last sector was good, you just missed the apex on the penultimate corner and got a little bit too early on the throttle on the final turn, but I don't think it would have made a massive difference there.
Again, I'm probably not quick enough to give much of an advice, but still hope it helps! :)

Some people where going about a 1sec-1.5sec quicker than me but couldn't see their replays

What I noticed:

- Slide a bit in t1
- too high speed at the apex in t2, so you can only accelerate pretty late
- use 3rd gear in the left hander under the bridge - Porsche is a car that needs to be reved out so use 2nd gear.
- miss apex at last right hander - so late on the accelerator again

Try working on those, you should be able to get in the 20's.

I don't tend to watch other's lap-times, but I'm curious about how bad my driving currently is.
Some leaps and bounds were made in learning how to use wheel/pedals (4 months in), but I'm still far off the pace in the sport mode races.

Last edited:
Back