GT Sport Driver Coaching

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by RaceFace85, Mar 20, 2018.

1. vvise

vvise

On this track in particular you have to absolutely abuse track limits. Your outside tire needs to be on the inside (but still on) any of the wide flat kerbing. Especially in those fast esses before the back straight.

Here's a semi-recent race on the first 2/3rds of the circuit in a Gr4 car. You can see how much more I abuse the limits.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    Killrob likes this.
  2. Killrob

Killrob

Really? I thought track limits were pretty strict in online racing, which is why I tried my hardest to keep it between the white lines! But thanks for the tip!

What about my driving? Do you think it's slow, maybe I can brake earlier or something? I mainly focus on smoothness and not doing anything stupid. :lol:

I picked the "expert" assist level because the others were just too intrusive and I felt genuinely quicker. Also AT because I'm not very used to driving on the DS4.

3. vvise

vvise

Your driving is nice and smooth, you have lots of room to carry more speed but that will come naturally as you gain comfort. I added a video clip above just how much you can abuse the limits.

Killrob likes this.
  4. Killrob

Killrob

Man, I wasn't aware you could cut that much! :lol:

That's ridiculous! And are you really quicker with no assists and MT?

fastone371 likes this.
  5. fastone371

fastone371

Absolutely!!!! Well worth learning to drive without assists and with manual trans. Downshifting can help keep the front end planted while turning and you can upshift early to limit wheel spin.
    It may take a while but once you get used to the manual driving with an auto will feel weird.

Killrob likes this.
  6. Killrob

Killrob

I will surely have to try it out! The RC F felt very comfortable to me with the "expert" assist level though. Gr.4 cars are very grippy, I like them! :lol:

I'm going to run some more laps around Maggiore GP, no assists, MT, and abusing the track limits like a pro. :lol: I'll upload the video soon; since I have a day off tomorrow I'm gonna sleep late, haha!

fastone371 likes this.
  7. Killrob

Killrob

After much work, here it is! A whole 5 laps at Maggiore, back to back to back to back to back, with your tips!
    Couldn´t do 6 because I reached my limit and spun out, left it in at the end of the video. :lol:

All assists off, no cone marker, ABS weak, manual transmission. Can I go faster?

RaceFace85, vvise, Supergtp and 2 others like this.
  8. RaceFace85

RaceFace85

Your racing line looks good but I think that full ABS is faster.
    You brake too early or you release the brake too fast because you are off the brake many meters before you reach the apex.

9. breeminator

breeminator

2:04.836 is pretty decent, would have been 333rd on this daily race world leaderboard (it was Gr.4 RH like you did):
    https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/rankings.php?sec=daily&eid=14608,14610,14609,

RaceFace85 likes this.
  10. vvise

vvise

Looking better! 8 second improvement!! As others have mentioned you can leave ABS on full, it's quicker that way.

RaceFace85 likes this.
  11. Jpelias305

Jpelias305

12. Keith2324

Keith2324

Here's one of my daily races from this week. It's Daily Race C in the Mustang. I think my lines are ok, but I need some assistance on becoming more consistent and a little bit faster. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Keith.

Ddkklop likes this.
  13. Ddkklop

Ddkklop

Braking needs to be improved. Sometimes, you brake more than you should or put random inputs. Best way is to start braking with a certain amount of pressure you need ( for example, in first corner you need to brake hard on full pressure, and then in other corners you need only about half pressure ), then gradually releasing once you start to approach corner exit/apex, basically trail braking.

Consistency can be improved by memorising certain track properly ( knowing where to brake, where to put throttle, what lines to use ). Try to practise these things more in time trial and once you get into to race, just be nicely focused and you will be fine.

14. Keith2324

Keith2324

Thanks @Ddkklop. That's the main problem I have been having. I can't seem to get my braking inputs correct. I will definitely work on the time trials.

Keith.

Ddkklop likes this.