"GT Sport: Driving is for everyone" How old are you?

• Thread starter kalakanto
  • 363 comments

How old are you?

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 50-

Results are only viewable after voting.
Almost exactly 50/50 between those under and over 30. Interesting.
I am 74 here, and I've been playing racing games on and off since Nascar series. Also, rallying in the Silver State series in Nevada with the car on the left in real life.
I must say that racing on the PS3 and 4 has saved me a lot of money in car costs!! When 3 realtime track days will burn off a set of expensive tires, not to mention other maintenance costs like brake pads and rotors etc, those type of costs become prohibitive in retirement. It makes the PS4 and G-29 costs seem very INEXPENSIVE!

As a Canadian, one trip down to Nevada would run me about 5000 bucks, all that, to run for 100 miles down highway 318 at 130 mph average. Hmmmm, lets see, that would be 5000 dollars for 45 minutes of fun,,,,,, the mind boggles?!?!

So far, I have enjoyed GT 5 the most of all the racing games I've played. When GT 6 came out and PD never fixed the camber issue, I was very disappointed, a step backwards.
Hell, my own SVT Cobra car had caster and camber adjustments, coil over Konis with variable damping and ride height adjustments, a torque arm and Panhard bar to keep the rear rock solid and coil over Konis on the rear also.
All these suspension mods came to around 20,000 bucks!?!?
So, I expected the same level of adjustability on my GT cars.

I am looking forward with some anticipation to GT Sport, but not without suspicion!
Cheers, Pete

I am 74 here, and I've been playing racing games on and off since Nascar series. Also, rallying in the Silver State series in Nevada with the car on the left in real life.
I must say that racing on the PS3 and 4 has saved me a lot of money in car costs!! When 3 realtime track days will burn off a set of expensive tires, not to mention other maintenance costs like brake pads and rotors etc, those type of costs become prohibitive in retirement. It makes the PS4 and G-29 costs seem very INEXPENSIVE!

As a Canadian, one trip down to Nevada would run me about 5000 bucks, all that, to run for 100 miles down highway 318 at 130 mph average. Hmmmm, lets see, that would be 5000 dollars for 45 minutes of fun,,,,,, the mind boggles?!?!

So far, I have enjoyed GT 5 the most of all the racing games I've played. When GT 6 came out and PD never fixed the camber issue, I was very disappointed, a step backwards.
Hell, my own SVT Cobra car had caster and camber adjustments, coil over Konis with variable damping and ride height adjustments, a torque arm and Panhard bar to keep the rear rock solid and coil over Konis on the rear also.
All these suspension mods came to around 20,000 bucks!?!?
So, I expected the same level of adjustability on my GT cars.

I am looking forward with some anticipation to GT Sport, but not without suspicion!
Cheers, Pete
Beautiful car man, congrats!

Age diversity is a thing here e. Goes to show how video games can be played by anyone.

As for me I'm just an 18 year old GT player. Been playing GT since GT2 days.
Since the GT2 days? And you're 18? I believe GT2 was released in 2000, so you were playing GT2 as a baby then?

I started playing Gran Turismo with GT3 when it got released and when I got my first own console gaming system the PS2, around the time GT3 got released, I guess I could say it's one of the games I've spent the most of my time on ever, it would surely be in my top 5.

I never bought GT4 because I was still very happy playing GT3, and I never bought GT5 and GT6 because to be honest I got turned down very much by the graphics, I think the graphics in GT3 on the PS2 were in my opinion, for it's time, way better then GT5 and 6 graphics on PS3 for their time. I mean on the PS2 there were barely any games that looked as good as Gran Turismo, but on the PS3 it was the other way around, most games looked way better then Gran Turismo on the PS3. Yes GT5 and 6 look better then GT3 and 4, but not if you take time into account.

I'm 30 now (Am I the only one who feels old when walking into a gameshop?).
Anyway I hope to be playing GT Sport even more then GT3, but that's going to be a challange...

I have a bit of an issue, I am 30 right now so I voted in the 26-30 category, but I turn 31 in two weeks, so then ill be in the 31-35 bracket...
Bummer, must be hard knowing you'll belong to the new oldies once the game gets out :scared:
Cause, you'll be in the age category of 31-35, that's like the newly old people, cause you know, from 15 and under you're still a kid, from 16 to 20 you're a young person, from 21 to 25 you're a young grownup, from 26 to 30 you're more like how a grownup should be, and from 31 to 35 you're simply getting old... and from 36 to like 50 you get even older and older, and eventually after your 50th you'll be growing in reverse.

But this does mean you have to change your vote once you have your birthday!!! Otherwise it won't count.

Last edited:
32 I've been playing since the demo disc that came with the boxy PS1.
Pops said and I quote, "I spent enough on the system, you want a game? Buy it.
So, I cut neighbors grass till I had $30-40(?) to buy GT.
It was literally my first game.

I am 24 right now. I am really glad that the racing and Gran Turismo community is a bit older and mature. No one ever insulted me at the GT6 online mode. In fact, once my car got rammed, the other one has apologized immediately and waited for me, because it wasn't on purpose. That was truly a great experience I never faced before!

Back