"GT Sport: Driving is for everyone" How old are you?

• Thread starter kalakanto
  • 363 comments

How old are you?

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 50-

Results are only viewable after voting.
45 here :ill: Where does the time go!! I still feel 28 though lol i have been on consoles forever it seems. The last few years got back in to it more having joined this forum and getting into photography as a hobby. :cheers:

A couple of my old consoles below- they certainly had some use. Fired up most evenings and still both work today.
DSC_0382a.JPG
DSC_0378a.JPG

I was mesmerised with the very first GT1 when it came out and remember seeing 3d gaming for the first time was awesome!

Last edited:
lol...Cool! How did you start to play?
You're asking a female how I start to play?! A female with a rather cheeky outlook...be warned! :D

But seriously though, I've been a gamer since forever really, and am a a bit of a girl racer having been in various car clubs doing legal and er, not so legal stuff! I therefore love racing games and when the original Gran Turismo hit the PlayStation I was in awe, and so I've stuck with the series ever since. I tend to keep my purchases quite niche as I just don't have the time these days, but I'm seriously eyeing up F12017 at the moment as it's on sale for £35 on PSN.

25 this year, I started with GT4, was hooked from the start. I remember playing that Skyline GT-R challenge where you have to slipstream bunch of Skylines to get to 1st. Took me months. Played GT6 on PS3 when it launched, but it didn't feel like the GT I knew, I stopped playing.

Until now. Hello GTS.

19 as of this moment, though my life as a teenager is set to end on the 19th October (conveniently, a day after GT Sport comes out ;) )

The earliest memory I have of a game was when me and my brother got a PS2 for Christmas one year (I believe it was 2002, when I was 5 years old), I think one of the first games, if not the first games I played on it was Gran Turismo 2, playing Arcade mode on Midfield raceway in a black Alfa Romeo 156 (My Uncle was around at the time, and he loves Alfas, so I can only guess he had recommended the car). That's from my memory though, and it's terrible, but it was definitely Gran Turismo 2.

Last edited:
45 here :ill: Where does the time go!! I still feel 28 though lol i have been on consoles forever it seems. The last few years got back in to it more having joined this forum and getting into photography as a hobby. :cheers:

A couple of my old consoles below- they certainly had some use. Fired up most evenings and still both work today.
View attachment 678182 View attachment 678183

I was mesmerised with the very first GT1 when it came out and remember seeing 3d gaming for the first time was awesome!

You must be old. I worked for a company that sold and serviced the 2600 as my first job in 1983 (34 years ago). I was the guy who fixed it when the kids spilled their drink in it or played until the wall brick melted and fell out onto the carpet (I got a lot of 'furry' adapters sent to me).

I'm 53 and it seems like I've been waiting for GT Sport forever. The first hint that we could get this was E3 2006 with the Vision Gran Turismo trailer. The PS3 failed to deliver but from what I've seen of the demo on my PS4 Pro we're there already. Already have shipping confirmation from my April 2016 order, will be arriving tomorrow.

51. Been on GT since day one.
I remember one of the playstation mags giving away a disc with the opening movie on it,after watching it i assumed it was released already and went to comet to buy it.Ended up having a stand-up argument with the sales guy when he told me it hadnt been released yet,eventually the manager came out and showed me on the store computer the projected release date.
I felt pretty stupid.So i ended up buying Toca touring cars as i felt so bad for giving the guy grief!Fortunately we had a laugh about it afterwards.
Not an alien and will never be,i just enjoy the games.

Andy

44 and with every year that passes I have to sit closer and closer to the TV :)

Yes very true! I have brought VR though as a back up :ill: 👍

You must be old. I worked for a company that sold and serviced the 2600 as my first job in 1983 (34 years ago). I was the guy who fixed it when the kids spilled their drink in it or played until the wall brick melted and fell out onto the carpet (I got a lot of 'furry' adapters sent to me).

I'm 53 and it seems like I've been waiting for GT Sport forever. The first hint that we could get this was E3 2006 with the Vision Gran Turismo trailer. The PS3 failed to deliver but from what I've seen of the demo on my PS4 Pro we're there already. Already have shipping confirmation from my April 2016 order, will be arriving tomorrow.

Not that old yet ^ ;) I'm 45 but I have been playing driving/racing games since I was very young, this Atari was an xmas gift when I was only small :)

Back