"GT Sport: Driving is for everyone" How old are you?

• Thread starter kalakanto
  • 363 comments

How old are you?

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 50-

Results are only viewable after voting.
This survey in 2018 showed more adults are using GTS as a simulator game then kids and teens. I think that racing GTS online is more real then the fighting and shooting games that are marketed today. I wonder if the other games that are rated for adults would give the same results as GTS ?
Don't be surprised but my only other games on the PS4 is the Hitman series and the classic GTA titles (III, Vice City, San Andreas, wishing they will remaster IV too.)

Last edited:
Don't be surprised but my only other games on the PS4 is the Hitman series and the classic GTA titles (III, Vice City, San Andreas, wishing they will remaster IV too.)
Good for you , my only game I ever played and enjoyed to the end was Myst on my Mac mini. The first PS4 game was Drive Club that set the hook for GTS.

63 years old.

Been playing computer games for a long time. Still have my original “Pong” console and my Intelivision somewhere in a box in the attic.
I started playing online via Compuserve back in the day. Airwarrior, a WW2 sim, was my first online game and I flew for several years prior to it being closed down. Have played many MMORPG on PC since.
I have had all the versions of Playstation consoles except PS5, but GT Sports has been my only online Playstation game to date.
I came to GTS late toward the end of 2019. I did have to stop after a few months due to illness which kept me away from gaming for almost a year prior to my return in Spring of this year.
The first time I loaded GTS I was amazed at the graphics. I still am.
When I was a kid, I occasionally had the opportunity to play driving games in Arcades at the seaside. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine sitting at home looking at something like GTS on my own TV.

Last edited:
Nice to see us 50+ crowd representing!

I do wonder, however, if this is more a reflection of us "older" folks being more inclined to be on a forum like GTP than it is a reflection of the overall player base.

Just a thought. Either way, it's nice to be in the lead pack for a change :D:gtpflag:
Finally "I'm" leading in some sector related to Gran Turismo! (53 here) :cheers:

Have to change my vote. Turned 50 back in May and going up from there. :lol:

Seriously, racing games just give us older gentleman(and lady) players a quick way to go driving right now.
I used to imagine being inside my slot cars and Matchbox models. These racing games give us that. Even though I played some other racing games before GT, when GT1 came out, it was unbelievable that this is what I'd always dreamt about.
Once PD modelled the interior views, it was game over for my bank account.

33 playing games since 7 years old starting with the NES gen. The biggest group going by the poll being older than 50 is a true surprise to me, hot dang. Just shows what a class act GT is, mostly the older gentlemen enjoy what's truely good... ;)

Last edited:
I'm currently in my mid-20s and had PS1-PS4 with the exception of the Xbox 360.

Growing up in the 2000s, it's amazing how the graphics have improved into what they are now. Although I do miss dearly the early digital video quality of the previous decades 📺📺

Last edited:
Soon 45, started with the PS1 and GT1, GT2, bought a PS2 and got GT3, not sure I got GT4. Had a PS3 ultra-slim years after the PS3 release and got GT6 for a couple of monthes.

Got a PS4 given by a friend who had it as an insurance replacement for his PS3 but as his boys weren't playing that much on the old PS3 and given the fact that he had no games for PS4, 1 controller, he left the box under his bed and never told them. Quickly they came back from their mom's with the PS3 of the older brother and have been able to use all their previous games. When I told him I was looking to buy one for my son and me, he offered to give me the brand new he had under the bed.

"Thanks" to him, me and my son have had numerous hours of playtime, and I am very thankfull to him.

Got GTS right after getting the PS4, played a few weeks at the end of 2018 and january 2019, but not that hooked at the time.

Stumbled upon some Super GT's videos on Youtube and I am back since beginning of june.

I even bought a PS3 slim with GT6 with which I have good fun (but it is lightyears away from GTS, the difference is staggering). Not sure I'll find a PS2 for GT2/3 nor will I look for GT5. PS1 might hard to find now, but I'd love to get one, as it is a sweet memory and I love the design.

[Edit] just had a look, PS1 very easy to find and cheap, just have to find one near me 😅

Last edited:
Wow, well I know i'll never stop playing GT no matter how old I am, so far I am at Level 30, I wonder how high it goes.
50, and you have a looooooong way to go, in terms of XP points level 46 is midway 🤣

Last edited:
Here was me thinking when I clicked 50 and over that I would have been in a minority……. 😱 gobsmacked.

50yr old here, got my first computer in 83. The ZX Spectrum 48k rubber keys, then a C64, then jumped on to saga/Atari consoles, then Ps1, then N64 USA import (had to take it to curry’s and say them, whatever tv this works on I will buy, NTSC viddo output) 4 player goldeneye was badass, the back on to a PC for many years, got back on to PS4 on release day, PS4 pro and now ps5 👍🏼👍🏼

Nice to see us 50+ crowd representing!

I do wonder, however, if this is more a reflection of us "older" folks being more inclined to be on a forum like GTP than it is a reflection of the overall player base.

Just a thought. Either way, it's nice to be in the lead pack for a change :D:gtpflag:
More likely it's a reflection that the older age groups shoud be split up a bit, 50+ is too big a range. Also some of the younger splits may be too narrow.

50+ here too.

Last edited:
Back