GT Sport Duel of the Week (Inactive)

Balance of Performance for Gr. [] Weekly Time Trials?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s absolutely insane mate, I would understeer and go out at much lower speeds.
I’ll try to get closer to your lap though, dailies today are awful for me so I’ve got the evening to improve. Will mess a bit with assists maybe, want to see if and how much does CSA help

I don't know much about CSA as I don't ever use it. I'm not a huge fan on TC but with a DS4 & Automatic transmission I'm very limited on corner exit speed so without TC in Gr.3 I just spin out most of the time. With TC on I seem to get the power down sooner while keeping the car stable.

The Ferrari responded well to it the Mustang not so much.

Gr.3 Ferrari 1:36.417
Applause Mr.Rinsky, I tip my hat for you. The best I could ever do during the dailies was a 1:37:4xx so that’s a full second slower. I never used a non Bop setup or any aids despite ABS on the 458 so I don’t know if I could do that laptime, but I assume not. I guess a 36:8-9 is possible for me as I know that a non bop setup grants me roundabout 0.5 Seconds in average.
Man you really got me fixed with that Impressive Lap Time, a Challenge i‘ll try to nail, of course using just ABS :cheers:

Those are some really amazing laps. I hadn't realized we were allowed to cheese the kerbs that much. Glad I waited before posting laps. Unfortunately, I got a service interruption, so I think my replays are saved, but I'm not sure. At least I made sure to save the video and a screenshot of the leaderboard, and it's convenient that the cars have a lap time display.

Anyway, I tried all the usual network troubleshooting steps, and have now moved on to attempting to contact my ISP. Only problem is, every time I'm about to get connected to a live person, the call hangs up.

That 1:36 has my racer blood boiling. I'm going to take a stab at this and the Forza car of the week today and see how I fare.

Just a short question are penalties activated?

Always. I definitely use the curbs but didn't touch the red part beyond the curb that activated the penalties I thought everyone did this at this track especially in the last set of curbs.

I tend to be a bit too conservative with the curbs here. But it also keeps me from losing consistency (or getting accidental penalties) in a race. I'm better about judging how much curb I can get away with on the reverse layout.

I thought for duels involving race cars, from now own, I'd showcase two liveries that I made for each car and offer them for download.

Here's my Mustang livery:

View attachment 747690

and my 458 Livery (I have a bunch, this is just my favourite livery that isn't my personal one)

View attachment 747691

So go ahead and spruce up your garage with some paints that aren't the default livery.​
B-b-but... my waifus...

B-b-but... my waifus...

Your boy got you covered.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...lery/all/livery/1204631/1/4837526806353412105

4837526806353412105_23.jpg

I have never understood the fascination with anime characters. Maybe you can fill me in on it sometime @Alpha Cipher or send me a link to a good storyline. As you probably already know it's not very big in the U.S. However there is a ton of it on Netflix.
I like anime because I just like it :D it's something like my love for cars and racing. I love it, but I just can't pit my finger just why. I mean, there's a ton of reasons (cute girls, great storylines, etc. etc.) but there's just something for me that make me like anime. I highly regard Madoka Magica as one of the best anime there is, if not the best, because of the story's depth and endless subliminal messages. I've rewatched it over and over yet I still find new/different meanings in each scene under different lenses of observation. Don't get fooled by the"Magical Girl" trope, it's so much more than that :D
Hyouka also does this to a more digestible degree (you can find meanings and subliminal messages without actively searching for it) so you might want to try that out first :)

You first need to understand whatsapp Rinsky. After that we will start with anime.

Yeah I know. I still need to download it but you would be the only person I would be using that app for. Nobody else I know has it or knew what it was. Welcome to getting old because at some point you just stop trying to keep up with the newest or latest things. It just happens without even realizing it.

I like anime because I just like it :D it's something like my love for cars and racing. I love it, but I just can't pit my finger just why. I mean, there's a ton of reasons (cute girls, great storylines, etc. etc.) but there's just something for me that make me like anime. I highly regard Madoka Magica as one of the best anime there is, if not the best, because of the story's depth and endless subliminal messages. I've rewatched it over and over yet I still find new/different meanings in each scene under different lenses of observation. Don't get fooled by the"Magical Girl" trope, it's so much more than that :D
Hyouka also does this to a more digestible degree (you can find meanings and subliminal messages without actively searching for it) so you might want to try that out first :)

Thank you. I will check that one out. I hope it's on Netflix.

No problem Rinsky. I will just upload the video to YouTube and show it here.

So finally, here is next weeks duel preview ;)

Now we traded spots back and forth for a few laps but you could always get a better exit speed than me going into the straight.
I always enjoy racing with you because you always give me a challenge and it's clean and respectful every time. Plus your faster than me so it always pushes me.

Shared my fastest laps in game now, took 400 km of laps but I managed to beat @Rinsky ’s record with some CSA help (man do these cars become easier with CSA)
@Alpha Cipher your turn to improve now ;)

458: 1:36:329
Mustang: 1:38:900

Edit: btw I still can’t get how did rinsky manage to get over 260 kph on the main straight, I barely touched 252-253 in my fastest attempts. That TCS must really help in the launch out of last corner.

Last edited:
Sorry mate. Your lap doesnt count with CSA. It is a form of tuning the car to prohibit slides. And tuning is strictly forbidden ! So back to the track !

Aint that so @MrWaflz55 ;)
Oh, I thought it was considered an assist just like tcs and asm... well I’ll update the times when I can get on again.

Not a bad idea as long as you post a new video and match them starting across the line together this time. So no sleep for you this weekend !

@Robben: you alive ? Come and join us !

Last edited:
Back