GT Sport Duel of the Week (Inactive)

Balance of Performance for Gr. [] Weekly Time Trials?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have never understood the fascination with anime characters. Maybe you can fill me in on it sometime @Alpha Cipher or send me a link to a good storyline. As you probably already know it's not very big in the U.S. However there is a ton of it on Netflix.

Toonami on Cartoon Network in the early 2000s is a prime reason why many western children (now young adults) have become infatuated. As for anime characters on cars, Goodsmile Racing in the Japan GT300 is the most popular, so they have a lot of influence.

I managed to beat @Rinsky ’s record with some CSA help

Sorry mate. Your lap doesnt count with CSA. It is a form of tuning the car to prohibit slides. And tuning is strictly forbidden ! So back to the track !

Aint that so @MrWaflz55 ;)

I never mentioned anything about that before because I just assumed that nobody used Countersteer Assist. Now that more people are doing time trials, I'll be more specific in the OPs from now own.

Edit: btw I still can’t get how did rinsky manage to get over 260 kph on the main straight, I barely touched 252-253 in my fastest attempts. That TCS must really help in the launch out of last corner.

I really don't know how. Everyone knows I'm not the fastest person so for me to put down a lap like this is just as shocking to me as it is to everyone else.
When I posted my lap times last night I had no clue just how good it was and just assumed others would easily beat my time.

At first I thought I might have had the wrong tires on but it was confirmed they were RH.
The car was new so it had very little miles on it and because I definitely don't tune any of my Gr.4 and up cars I knew that the chance of me having a different setup on the car was impossible.
So maybe there was something else wrong.
I went back and watched my reply about 6 times since I've been home from work. It definitely doesn't look like the cleanest lap and had a lot of room for improvements.

The only thing I seen was the very last curb in what's called the Bus stop (I think) that I really cut that curb to far. My right side tires were definitely in the penalty Zone yet it didn't give me one. But cutting that corner that much really made up some time.
So in all honesty that lap should be DQ

I shouldn't be faster than everyone else using an automatic transmission and TC.

Maybe there was a glitch with the game during that cars run because I can not for the life of me do it again.

I really don't know how. Everyone knows I'm not the fastest person so for me to put down a lap like this is just as shocking to me as it is to everyone else.
When I posted my lap times last night I had no clue just how good it was and just assumed others would easily beat my time.

At first I thought I might have had the wrong tires on but it was confirmed they were RH.
The car was new so it had very little miles on it and because I definitely don't tune any of my Gr.4 and up cars I knew that the chance of me having a different setup on the car was impossible.
So maybe there was something else wrong.
I went back and watched my reply about 6 times since I've been home from work. It definitely doesn't look like the cleanest lap and had a lot of room for improvements.

The only thing I seen was the very last curb in what's called the Bus stop (I think) that I really cut that curb to far. My right side tires were definitely in the penalty Zone yet it didn't give me one. But cutting that corner that much really made up some time.

I shouldn't be faster than everyone else using an automatic transmission and TC.

Maybe there was a glitch with the game during that cars run because I can not for the life of me do it again.
I'm pretty sure there's no shortcut penalty for cutting as much as you can on the Bus Stop. The AT seems pretty spot on tbh on this track, and the necessary shortshifts to keep the car in check is substituted by TC, so it doesn't really seem off to me

Have some faith in yourself, you were simply fast :D

Man... I wish you guys would upload your replays to youtube and post a link...
I do not have the time to find them in the game... and if I'm honest, nor am I smart enough.

Congrats to all those who have set blistering laps

The intended line through the bus stop chicane is to cut it so deep that the entire tire is on the other side of the curb so that you don't lose speed from bouncing. Unfortunately, I can't quite get it to link up with the rest of my lap with Gr.3 cars, so I come out a little bit slow, and that time difference carries all the way into the final corner. Oh well. I still had fun. I'm going to put my video and review together some time tomorrow, probably around this time.

I was just checking some replays and noticed not everybody is adding the time in the description. Please add the time you drove as well as the tire compound when saving a replay.

never mentioned anything about that before because I just assumed that nobody used Countersteer Assist.
I was of course somewhat joking in my post and trying to find a creative way to block CSA. But if you put in OP that would be just great.

Of course not ! We all have our blistering moments. Glory for you ! Just too bad you did not wait with putting the laptime because half of the world is now trying to beat you.

Maybe we can agree that once you post a certain time you are not allowed to improve it ? Because it is not solely about the fastest times here ? On the other hand its inherent on a time trial to try to improve yourself.

Still i would not feel bad about having one post only with your time. Seems fair in some ways. And useless in others. Just thinking out loud. Dont shoot the messenger. Maybe we can start a poll with capital letters about it ;)

Congrats to all those who have set blistering laps
Well like I wrote: Rinsky messed up natural selection completely.

Last edited:
I never mentioned anything about that before because I just assumed that nobody used Countersteer Assist. Now that more people are doing time trials, I'll be more specific in the OPs from now own.

I didn’t use it in my first attempts, I only activated it to try and improve since I didn’t see anywhere that it was forbidden to use it. Understandable though, I myself am not a fan of the assist but it really helps with stability on tail happy cars. Adding a line in the OP rules is surely a good thing.

I'm pretty sure there's no shortcut penalty for cutting as much as you can on the Bus Stop. The AT seems pretty spot on tbh on this track, and the necessary shortshifts to keep the car in check is substituted by TC, so it doesn't really seem off to me

Have some faith in yourself, you were simply fast :D

I checked basically every corner yesterday and can confirm that there are no penalties in the bus stop zone even if you use every centimeter of the red zone inside the curbs. Rinsky’s time is perfectly valid.

It was a very fun week. Rinsky nailed the time trial with an unbelievable 260km/h at the straight setting a benchmark who could only be beaten by an alien.

After all the nice discussions I knew I would not even come close this week. So started slowly doing my rounds this morning in the Mustang. Before racing I needed to buy the car first because it was missing in my collection thus not having a clue how it drove.

So what about Team Trasher ? With all of the negativity I must say the car is way better than I thought. You notice the weight but it corners pretty good. I did not have much understeer as I would have expected. Also the brakes seem to be doing their work properly.

Any negative sides ? Yes, the car just seems to slow if you watch the lap-times. I could not even enter the .40 so that pretty much said it all. Did around 10 laps and did not want to be searching for that second while even that second put me off amongst the .39 from the others.

A very humble 1:41,029 was all I could do.

So starting up the team Waffles. The Ferrari instantly put a smile on my face because of it sound. My god does it sound racy compared to the V8 Mustang. I mean the revs and the sound makes you forget about the time. And when you rev back manually that sound ! This is what car enthusiasm is all about. I dont care about its time but we have an instant winner here.

For the sake of good will I will drive a proper time but never was victory so easy to be revealed.

The car drives better, handles better and looks much better in every way. Braking is perfect and that tail is trigger happy when you step up the gas too soon. Just how I like my cars to behave. A true handling master with its Italian flair. I cannot find the right words to describe this beauty.

It does hate bumps unbalancing the car which is noticable at T4 especially. But hey that’s just character isn’t it ?

I managed to drive a 1:38,157.

So this weeks wrap-up already had its winner before setting up the lap. The Ferrari 458 Gr 3. By far.

Team Trasher: 1:41,029
Team Waffles: 1:38,157

Last edited:
Of course not ! We all have our blistering moments. Glory for you ! Just too bad you did not wait with putting the laptime because half of the world is now trying to beat you.

Honestly I'm getting the most enjoyment out of this. It will probably be the only time I get to experience something like this.
Only thing I can come up with is that I was more relaxed because I had absolutely no pressure on me. I already had it in my head that I was not winning this challenge just because of my lack of use in Gr.3 cars.

The harder I try at going fast the worse I seem to do.

@AlexLion 1:36:329 has already done it.:cheers:
And
@Alpha Cipher 1:36.661 is very capable if he really wanted to :cheers:

I'm just happy it made things a little more interesting.

I’ve just now shared my laps, I’m now watching yours @Rinsky to see where I can go faster!

Also, who had what settings for BB? I’m sure I could get more time off if changed from neutral but for the purposes of the challenge I didn’t want to

Last edited:
I’ve just now shared my laps, I’m now watching yours @Rinsky to see where I can go faster!

Running against my own ghost the spot I lose the most time in now is the bus stop.
I'm still able to stay right on my back bumper going down the front stretch that everyone said is fast and the rest of the course until the bus stop.
The car became very unsettled on my lap run but I somehow kept it off the wall but now everytime I try to follow myself through there it unsettles the car to much and BAM! I scrape the wall.

That's where I get the extra second or so from.
Because I was trying so hard to run that kinda lap again the best I can do now is in the higher 1:37.600 to 1:37.900 laps. And that's not consistent because it all depends on how much I slow down or get slowed down from scraping the wall.

As I said the harder I try the worse my laps get. :lol:

Well I knocked off a second, fairly easily after just a few laps and I’m down to 1:38.5, opt 1:38.1.

You cross the line at 145mph the best I can do is 141, so it looks like you’re carry way more speed through the turns, I reckon I’m braking for a split second too long each time. Need to watch your replay again!

Also, who had what settings for BB? I’m sure I could get more time off if changed from neutral but for the purposes of the challenge I didn’t want to

I used -1 with assists (CSA) and -2 with ABS only, but that’s my personal preference for any Gr.3 car as I feel they generally tend to oversteer slightly when lifting. Try different settings, the first chicane is a great point to test your sensibility. I always tend to adjust it so that the car does not slide when going for the inside curb after braking.

I used -1 with assists (CSA) and -2 with ABS only, but that’s my personal preference for any Gr.3 car as I feel they generally tend to oversteer slightly when lifting. Try different settings, the first chicane is a great point to test your sensibility. I always tend to adjust it so that the car does not slide when going for the inside curb after braking.

Yeah that’s what’s killing me, under braking at the first chicane also the braking at the hairpin, there’s just a little understeer when trail braking

@Rinsky its not just the bus-stop but in your last corner you did something where your speed was way higher. Getting 260km/h at the end of the runway is just insanely fast ! I got it up to 252km/h for a fraction of a second. What is the rest doing there ?

@Rinsky its not just the bus-stop but in your last corner you did something where your speed was way higher. Getting 260km/h at the end of the runway is just insanely fast ! I got it up to 252km/h for a fraction of a second. What is the rest doing there ?

It has to do something with TC on then and getting more power to the ground sooner is the only thing I can come up with. I really wish I could tell everyone how to do it but I don't even know myself.

I feel sorry for @MrWaflz55 and all the post he has to look through now just to find peoples votes since this thread is seeing more activity than normal.

I can't believe that this turned into such a debate, holy cow. And it's not even on the cars themselves.

I'm not gonna pretend like I'm surprised that the Mustang is losing out. (Anyone want a Dodge Aries?) Everyone has their own tastes, and gonna say it right now, the Ferrari is actually the stronger car. (Y'all regurgitating the jokes where the Mustang is a "hit" with crowds need to up your game though.)

458 GT3 - 1:42.750
Mustang Gr.3 - 1:42.873

I did get awfully close with the Mustang, but the lighter 458 pulled ahead. That thing sure is touchy though. At least the times I screwed up with the Mustang, it was more a case of "overconfidence" on that one turn. I feel like I'd be more consistent with the Mustang since I'm more familiar with that car.

But the Ferrari was the faster one, which by my metric, that makes it mandatory that it gets my vote. If you want to know what car I'd drive over the course of a lengthy race, it'd be the Mustang.

You would say doing the daily B today Gr 3 Ferrari at Dragon Trail Seaside would be easy with 1:38,029 time. I cannot get it better than 1:38,7 now....

Is BoB changed ? I thought it was slightly faster because of better BoB so I should be doing a 1:37 instead ....

Any one else trying to join and not getting a good laptime ?

Last edited:
You would say doing the daily B today Gr 3 Ferrari at Dragon Trail Seaside would be easy with 1:38,029 time. I cannot get it better than 1:38,7 now....

Is BoB changed ? I thought it was slightly faster because of better BoB so I should be doing a 1:37 instead ....

Any one else trying to join and not getting a good laptime ?
It does get a 9% increase in weight, so there's the amazing maneuverability killed

Alright. Things haven't quite gone to plan, so I'm gonna write my review now, and then post the video as soon as I'm able to get that done.

Lap Times
Ford Mustang Gr.3 - 1:39.672
Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 - 1:37.507

The Mustang performed as you would expect an American muscle car to perform. Actually... wait a sec. It was slow even on the straights, so I can't really say that. Though it wasn't too keen on deviating from straight, either. The only positive thing about it is that it is very stable, so it's able to cheese the curbs in ways that the Italia just can't. I was actually quite surprised with its ability to keep up through the first 2 or 3 corners.

The 458 Italia GT3 was the first Gr.3 car I ever felt was actually fun to drive. I feel like I just repeat myself when it comes to mid-engine cars.... But anyway, the mid-engine layout lends itself to greater overall balance when it comes to letting that lift-off oversteer work for you in getting the car rotated into the corners and provides just that little bit of extra weight on the rear tires for putting the power down and getting out of the corners. As you go into the low speed corners, it just feels good to be in a state of such a subtle drift that it seems like you are gripping and drifting simultaneously. The Italia is only really upset by the tall curbs, so your lines have to be pretty precise, but it makes up for this with brutal acceleration and cornering speed. Furthermore, it just has a better exhaust note.

As such, my vote goes to the Italia GT3. And again, video will be up by the end of the day (or an hour or two past midnight UTC). Almost forgot to mention that I have actually shared my laps in-game, so they should be available in Discover, so you won't have to wait for the video to verify them.

Last edited:
Back