GT Sport Duel of the Week (Inactive)

Balance of Performance for Gr. [] Weekly Time Trials?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here are the results of this week!

LAP TIMES (15 Laps)

Waffle Pizza GT: 1:37.654
Crowd Thrasher GT300: 1:39.536

DRIVER'S COMMENTS
Ahh yes, the classic "Ferrari VS Ford" rivalry that started at Le Mans in 1966 (or '65?) when the former is about to be bought by the latter, Enzo Ferrari realized that Henry Ford will take control of both the road car departement and the racing team, which then infuriates him. Because of that, Ford decided to build the GT40, which is designed to defeat Ferrari at Le Mans. But now, we have their Gr.3 representatives here in GT SPORT battling against each other in this week's duel.

The Ferrari (here known as the Waffle Pizza due to this week being dedicated to our Can-Am hosts) is pretty much a corner dancer due to it's MR layout. As Waffleman said before, you have to be wary of its tendencies to oversteer if you want to be fast with this car. But, the car also has weird tendencies of understeer (though not as bad as the Mustang due to their different engine placements) for a Ferrari of this caliber. Overall, it's a great car to drive, and congratulations if you win a Sport Mode race with this car!

The Mustang, once BoP is in effect, is a straight-line monster, in a true American fashion. But, since BoP is outlawed for all of the Group class duels, it's pretty much not so good rounding the corners of the Seaside layout of Dragon Trail as is blazing down the straights of Le Mans, Monza, Tokyo East Loop, or even Maggiore. The biggest point of struggle is (unsurprisingly) the second half of the bus-stop chicane, where you need to get the first part right so you didn't slam into either of the walls! While the Ferrari can clear that after a few tries, this Ford needs more work to go through that chicane due to it being front-engined (the Ferrari is mid-engined, in case that you somehow have Amnesia or just plain dumb, but i hope you didn't suffer from either of them ;)) which makes it more prone to understeer than the Ferrari. Its clear advantage though is the stability when exiting out of the corners, that is if the torque doesn't kill you :mischievous:.

VERDICT
The Mustang, while I used it a lot more than the 458 GT3, just doesn't cut it, as I was struggling to break into the 1:38s (let alone into the 1:37s :scared:) around DTS for this week's duel due to the understeer it has. Although @Tidgney said that you can use the upper rev range for better rotation.

For the Ferrari though, while it can be hard to drive, there's still the enjoyment and satisfaction of racing in one of those and claim a victory in Sport Mode, to which I will give kudos to whoever does it 👍. Overall, it pretty much feels lighter through the corners than the Ford, which is the reason why i was able to break into the 1:37s with this winged and widened red beauty.

And so, my vote goes to:
Ferrari 458 Italia GT3! (AKA the Waffle Pizza GT!)

Maybe @PirovacBoy approves my choice for this week's duel, although @Tidgney may have other words in his BoP tests...:lol:. But, what would happen if those two, Waffleman and Thrashman fight against each other? Will the Mustang drivers hit into the crowds? Or the 458 drivers spin out simultaneously in one corner? Does Emilia and Rem have anything to do with this duel!?

TEST NOTES: Lap Times are done using a DS4, Stock settings, Racing Hard tyres, Default ABS, and TC OFF
EDIT: Thrashman is actually American. Oopsie doosie!
EDIT 2: Lap Times are updated!

Last edited:
So, I enjoyed driving neither car, but the Ferrari looks and sounds wonderful, so it wins on that alone. But here's my usual criteria.

Lap times - Ferrari 1:39.586 / Mustang 1:40.766
Handling - Ferrari
Looks - Ferrari

It's a 3-0 whitewash, here's my video breakdown.

Last edited:
Grrr I can't drive properly! The throttle pedal keeps me from using all the power of the cars :ouch:
I'm waiting until I get the compressed air can I'll use to hopefully try and fix the problem by cleaning the internals, but for now a 1:39.561 in the Mustang will do... (Can't even properly review yet since I don't think I'm using the whole potential of the car)

Here are the results of this week!

LAP TIMES (13 Laps)

Waffle Pizza GT: 1:37.730
Crowd Thrasher GT300: 1:39.574

DRIVER'S COMMENTS
Ahh yes, the classic "Ferrari VS Ford" rivalry that started at Le Mans in 1966 (or '65?) when the former is about to be bought by the latter, Enzo Ferrari realized that Henry Ford will take control of both the road car departement and the racing team, which then infuriates him. Because of that, Ford decided to build the GT40, which is designed to defeat Ferrari at Le Mans. But now, we have their Gr.3 representatives here in GT SPORT battling against each other in this week's duel.

The Ferrari (here known as the Waffle Pizza due to this week being dedicated to our two Canadian hosts) is pretty much a corner dancer due to it's MR layout. As Waffleman said before, you have to be wary of its tendencies to oversteer if you want to be fast with this car. But, the car also has weird tendencies of understeer (though not as bad as the Mustang due to their different engine placements) for a Ferrari of this caliber. Overall, it's a great car to drive, and congratulations if you win a Sport Mode race with this car!

The Mustang, once BoP is in effect, is a straight-line monster, in a true American fashion. But, since BoP is outlawed for all of the Group class duels, it's pretty much not so good rounding the corners of the Seaside layout of Dragon Trail as is blazing down the straights of Le Mans, Monza, Tokyo East Loop, or even Maggiore. The biggest point of struggle is (unsurprisingly) the second half of the bus-stop chicane, where you need to get the first part right so you didn't slam into either of the walls! While the Ferrari can clear that after a few tries, this Ford needs more work to go through that chicane due to it being front-engined (the Ferrari is mid-engined, in case that you somehow have Amnesia or just plain dumb, but i hope you didn't suffer from either of them ;)) which makes it more prone to understeer than the Ferrari. Its clear advantage though is the stability when exiting out of the corners, that is if the torque doesn't kill you :mischievous:.

VERDICT
The Mustang, while I used it a lot more than the 458 GT3, just doesn't cut it, as I was struggling to break into the 1:38s (let alone into the 1:37s :scared:) around DTS for this week's duel due to the understeer it has.

For the Ferrari though, while it can be hard to drive, there's still the enjoyment and satisfaction of racing in one of those and claim a victory in Sport Mode, to which I will give kudos to whoever does it 👍. Overall, it pretty much feels lighter through the corners than the Ford, which is the reason why i was able to break into the 1:37s with this winged and widened red beauty.

And so, my vote goes to:
Ferrari 458 Italia GT3! (AKA the Waffle Pizza GT!)

Maybe @PirovacBoy approves my choice for this week's duel, although @Tidgney may have other words in his BoP tests...:lol:. But, what would happen if those two, Waffleman and Thrashman fight against each other? Will the Mustang drivers hit into the crowds? Or the 458 drivers spin out simultaneously in one corner? Does Emilia and Rem have anything to do with this duel!?

TEST NOTES: Lap Times are done using a DS4, Stock settings, Racing Hard tyres, Default ABS, and TC OFF
Of course i do, if you ask me the 458 is a beast on almost any track.
So pointing out my Car of Choice is always a pleasure to see.
And Btw a good read, thumbs up for that 👍

I have made some pictures. Somehow there seems to be one car in the spotlight. This could be a clear sign ...

ZtfqIrKm.jpeg

ycZMc5qE.jpeg

Good evening everyone, first time participating in this thread for me!
I've been reading some of these discussions for a bit and finally decided to dedicate a good hour to get my opinion out!
So, let's get into it!
First of all, my settings: I use a G29, no assists except for ABS which is on Default, Brake Balance on -2 for both cars to keep them easy and stable.

And here are the two contenders:

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180628222332.jpg

The Kaspersky AF Corse Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 (livery link: https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...arLivery/livery/2251741/1/8584425014421389824 )

And...

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180628222428.jpg

The Green Atlas Ford Mustang Gr.3 (livery link: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...tivities/livery/1025640/1/8575514581369127944 ), great work by @rallymorten

So, everything is ready at Dragon Trail, the England-Belgium game audio in the background, and off we go!

Went with the Ferrari first, took a couple laps to refresh the braking points, but I found myself surprisingly consistent in the car. It surely likes to let the back go, but tbh I was expecting worse, and actually experienced a slight touch of understeer in the faster bends. Overall, a great and challenging ride.

Mustang next, and oh boy is this thing slower. Spent most of the laps trying to understand whether to take the slower corners in 2nd or 3rd gear and dealing with a definitely more pronounced understeer, which ruined more than a couple hot laps at the infamous Bus Stop chicane.
However, the Ford's bulkier nature allowed it to freely bunny hop on every curb on the track without getting unsettled, a much harder thing to do in the 458

After 15 laps in both cars, here are my best times:
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180628221835.jpg

So, as for the final vote... Well it really doesn't matter how they performed, I'm Italian and there's only one choice for me.

The Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 is my winner!

Welcome here and nice first review ! Dont forget to upload the replays if you want to compete in the time trial.

I will drive the Mustang first based on your review. I like to start with the slower car.

Welcome here and nice first review ! Dont forget to upload the replays if you want to compete in the time trial.

I will drive the Mustang first based on your review. I like to start with the slower car.

Will add them tomorrow, thanks for reminding me.

I have never tried that myself with the ingame buttons for screenshot and sharing video. Need to try it oneday, since it should be fairly simple and pretty effective once it works.

@ThePhantomAli: i really liked your video just watched it. Just hated the fact that the replay when you put them next together is not with the same camera. I know you cannot pick that yourself, since it depends on the lap number. But still would be a lot better to see the same camera view so you can see which one was faster.

Will be back on monday so hope I have time to post the times.

Ferrari 458 GT3: 1:36.575
Mustang Gr. 3: 1:38.569

My vote goes for the Ferrari 458 GT3, by a long shot :)

The Mustang is really stale in comparison to the Prancing Horse. It's slow, bulky, and... slow. Well, it's forgiving, so it has that. The Ferrari though is amazing. It's agile, but it's also fast in a straight line. As long as you keep that rear end in check, the car is just a beauty to drive. It's playful oh yeah sure, but not too playful that it'll kill you :P *cough* Huracan *coughcough*

Interestingly enough I set a PB on DT with the Ferrari by grazing just under 1:37, although granted with no BoP. I looked at the stats with BoP though and it doesn't seem all that far off. Hmm... maybe I should use this car more often :D

Last edited:
@ThePhantomAli: i really liked your video just watched it. Just hated the fact that the replay when you put them next together is not with the same camera. I know you cannot pick that yourself, since it depends on the lap number. But still would be a lot better to see the same camera view so you can see which one was faster.

Will be back on monday so hope I have time to post the times.
Thanks dude I appreciate that, always good to hear someone out there enjoys watching! Yes that is a little annoying, it bugged me that I couldn’t match them starting across the line together

Well I've said it before that Gr.3 and up are not my favorite classes to run so I just don't spend much time in them.

With that being said I took the Mustang out first. Being a Ford guy I was really pulling for it but despite my best efforts this thing was just a big fat pig on the track and I couldn't get a decent lap in. I will still never understand why we got this car instead of the GT40.

Gr.3 Mustang 1:40.661

On to the Ferrari. I was very surprised how fast I could drive this car and I felt comfortable in it right from the start. Because I don't spend much time in Gr.3 I was very shocked to see the lap times I was running in this thing. My only complaint is it gets very unsettled over any bumps but even then its manageable.
I think I might spend some more time in Gr.3 in this car.

Gr.3 Ferrari 1:36.417

Ferrari takes the win easily and gets my vote.

Please do. I could have done something stupid like had on the wrong tires or something. I don't think I did but it wouldn't be the first time I've overlooked something. I don't tune any of my cars in the game so I know that's not it.
Just watched it and there's nothing wrong with it :cheers:
Only thing I found odd/amazing is that you took the gentle right hander at the start of the lap at 260km/h, but considering that you had amazing exit speed everywhere else I think you just had a great setup from the last corner :)

Is that fast or slow for that corner?
I'm happy to hear it was a good lap and has the approval of someone much better than me.:cheers:

It’s absolutely insane mate, I would understeer and go out at much lower speeds.
I’ll try to get closer to your lap though, dailies today are awful for me so I’ve got the evening to improve. Will mess a bit with assists maybe, want to see if and how much does CSA help

Is that fast or slow for that corner?
I'm happy to hear it was a good lap and has the approval of someone much better than me.:cheers:
It's certainly fast :D
It’s absolutely insane mate, I would understeer and go out at much lower speeds.
I’ll try to get closer to your lap though, dailies today are awful for me so I’ve got the evening to improve. Will mess a bit with assists maybe, want to see if and how much does CSA help
I'll try to improve my time if I see your updated time :3

Back