GT Sport Epic Praising and Crying (Tears of Joy) Thread

So we know about 50(?) cars at the moment, but there's gonna be 80-90 more in the full list; I only hope they maintain a few good premiums from GT5/6, I need to drive an R34-GTR on the new Tokyo highway track :drool: :D

Why am I (almost) crying tears of joy? :D
  • A new Gran Turismo, and in proper HD glory!
  • Weird, glitchy shadows no more! Sweet lighting and graphics.
  • Cars and tracks made from scratch with even more detail?!
  • All cars have interiors.
  • A LOT of cars and tracks for a GT unnumbered.
  • Car classes, as I wished for. Love the fact that the Vision GT cars have a purpose and can race competitively, something I agree was a shortcoming with GT6. Fantasy cars; nothing wrong with more cars in a class in my book, though I can see why purists would differ on that. Contrary to Samus' prediction, and something I'm very happy about, no karts!
  • A variety of racing locations, with a goodly number of "ribbons" with variations, when I thought we'd be lucky to get as many as in Forza 5. FIA approval! New tracks look very nice.
  • Rally racing, as well as tarmac FIA GT style!
  • THE NURB! It deserves it own line. ;)
  • 117 offline events! Lots to do. Even if a lot of them are racing school type things, I'm doing them all. As online seems to be a huge part of the game, perhaps the main focus, it should be well fleshed out and capable, unlike GT5 and 6. Races will have rules now! And part of that racing school will be to school us on proper racing etiquette, thank heaven, and introduce new players to the regs.
  • Sounds like tuning the car will be at least as well fleshed out as GT6, so I can see how tuners like Ridox will come in handy.
  • SCENES! Oh lordy, so many Photo Mode locations, and more than one car per scene! Slip will likely be happily working on a tutorial for us.
  • A LIVERY EDITOR! Are you kidding me?! This was my fondest wish and faintest hope... I can still hardly believe it. There seem to be lots of decals and elements to trick up your personal livery. The custom livery on the Toyota FT-1 (yes!) looks very good. I'm hoping it's so well endowed that we can create custom decals, league number plaques, and make our own racer names. Window graphics include banners and car number. It looks like this will make most of us pretty happy. Hopefully they will be shareable, for racing teams and just good clean fun.
  • Morpheus support. I still prefer the monicker to PSVR.
  • More to come with up to four months or more of additional development time.
  • I also love the trailers. PD is in true form.
Really couldn't be much happier, unless they spring Race Mod on us too. But with everything to do, this will be a very nice addition to the Gran Turismo family. I can hardly wait! :)

Last edited:
It looks good but my main disappointment is the low car count. Also some are saying that GT Sport in actually GT7 but I refuse to believe that. GT7 would never have such a small car count.

Kept my expectations low and this seems to have met them. Quite like some of the fantasy cars, Esport aspect looks like it could be fun and actually looks pretty good graphically. The livery editor looks great as well. Can't wait to see what the full game will be like.

I will say it, I WAS crying before the live-stream!! And the trailer (even with the song which I love but can be a bit annoying and the graphics bugs I guess :guilty:) I couldn't believe my eyes :gtpflag:!! Besides, even if it was compressed by how it looks on the stream, I must say the graphics and sounds are alright to me being half-completed so far!! For me, in 6 months or less, this is completed! :cheers:. I don't know about physics yet, but they can make it in this 6 months :D. Besides, this is just the beggining! I really cannot wait for the scapes mode, and the livery editor as well!! ♥ And hopefully, wrap-sharing!! :D

PS: It could be my birthday present due that my birthday (Nov 30th) it's just 2 weeks ahead of the launch-day :cheers:

The scapes...are brilliant and to have so many of them is really a coup for PD and this game...I'm not much of a photographer but I can see people really getting into it.

I wholeheartedly agree! I can't wait to see what @torque99 & @MeanElf do with it, not to mention all the other talented photographers we have here on GT Planet.

:)

EDIT?

Last edited:
Praising points:

1. Livery editor! I'd like to have a deeper look at it, but even if it would turn out to be very basic it would still be a nice addition.

2. Based on the livestream yesterday, the performance balance seems to be good in those classes.

3. Nürburgring: When it looks real it looks very real! Other parts of the track look like they're placeholders, as if some of the trees were quickly copy-pasted to cover up for something even uglier hiding behind. I also noticed that some parts of the kerbs were not as detailed as in GT6, which may further indicate that the track is work in progress.

4. The photo scapes looks nice! Like a professional 3D rendering environment, but without the steep learning curve :lol: (yes Blender, I'm looking at you!)
I love that Florence is featured a lot, it's a fantastic city :)

...I don't have enough info to say anything, but hell, that livery editor reveal made me miss the good ol' days back when, tinkering away in Midnight Club's editor on PS3. If it's as good as that, I'm buying this day one.

Although I still think the car count is little too low, I'm hoping it's curated well - small number should mean there aren't any car padding going on in there, right?

E3 should bring us tons more info and videos. I'm looking forward to it.

Well, the standard cars are gone! No PS2 models in this GT title, just clean and detailed cars as it should be.

Best looking game, sounds are way better than GT6 (But still inferior to competitors), No Standard Cars, Impressive Photo Mode, No Elevator Music in the Main Menu, Cleaner UI and finally the most requested content of all times: LIVERY EDITOR!

I'm glad this thread exists! I left the GTP forums years ago because it was so depressingly negative.

•I love the scapes! 1000 locales? As long as there isnt an uncanny valley between car and background this is amazing. Would have been awesome for those GT5 community magazines we made
•Love the livery editor. In a game that could get meta heavy at its peak (if youre trying to win the FIA irl championship youre going to use the best car possible), the fact that everyone can have unique cars is awesome
•I just am excited to get back into GT again. Maybe ill edit this space later. Im just so excited to have that feeling again of driving around the nurburgring at night. Im excited to spend way too much time taking pictures of cars. And im excited to race you all again :)

EDIT - It is more than 1000 Photo Spots, so I think you were correct. Unless they count two spots in one locale as being multiple photo spots. Could we see the concept of dupes being applied to the photo mode now :lol:. We saw pictures of 2 different Monument Valley scapes on the wall as we walked into the event on Friday.

Europe is getting a bangin' collectors edition that comes with a model Merc and a lovely box.

I am the happiest man in the world. :D

OK - have seen your posts on the other thread - I can see they are not up on any websites yet, sorry for any hassle. I hope I can get a chance to pick one up when they appear.

Right, there are a number of significant concerns unanswered for me after Friday, but in terms of praise:

1) The scapes looked INCREDIBLE (to me) on screen on Friday. And the fact they are not static too, that you can edit them significantly. To have (intended to be) MORE THAN 1000 scapes to play with and to be able to insert AS MANY CARS AS YOU WANT into each scape (within the boundaries of the photo - I'm sure you won't be able to insert a car into a building obviously, for example). Even if you only use each scape once, if it takes 30 seconds to make a simple photo that will occupy you for 500 minutes or 8.33 HOURS alone! I may just have to make a photo of every scape just out of principle... :P

SAM_0324 (Large).JPG

2) The livery editor - note the use of the word editor. Not creator. However, there seemed a large selection of items to edit on that ultra fast clip in the trailer on Thursday and that is presumably incomplete currently.

SAM_0303 (Large).JPG

3) Graphics looked fantastic on Friday, considering the current stage of development.

I'm going to leave cars off this thread until I know more. Not to say that they won't appear here later, just feel there is a lot more information still needed beforehand.

Offtopic (sorry) but hope you'll allow me the opportunity to add praise and crying tears of joy to all the people and organisations who organised the Community Event and also to all the people who attended who made it such a fun place to be. Including all those from :gtplanet: of course, but all those not from :gtplanet: too. A thoroughly fine bunch of people all in one place at the same time 👍 :)

Last edited:
I'm glad that the VGT's were performance-optimized to mesh in with the Group classes and actually be useful outside of their niche.
You're glad that fictional cars that would not meet FIA regulations are given fictional specs to compete with real race cars in an FIA sanctioned game? I have a feeling that if this were any other game that was allowing fictional cars to compete against real world cars that must adhere to incredibly strict regulations, inside an FIA sanctioned sim/game, it would be mocked mercilessly.

You're glad that fictional cars that would not meet FIA regulations are given fictional specs to compete with real race cars in an FIA sanctioned game? I have a feeling that if this were any other game that was allowing fictional cars to compete against real world cars that must adhere to incredibly strict regulations, inside an FIA sanctioned sim/game, it would be mocked mercilessly.
I've ignored some of the VGT's in GT6 largely because they were (for *me*, my personal opinion) incompatible with the real life race cars. This gives me a chance to really try them out in GTS, in a better scenario. My last post was expressing this.

I said it once I'm gonna say it again. GRAN TURISMO FINALLY HAS A LIVERY EDITOR!

I love the creative GT3 cars they made. I also love how the Bugatti VGT And SRT Tomahawk are made into LMP/LMGTP hybrid type racers. It adds a lot of diversity to the lists.! If PD gives you the ability to customize a street car into a GT type car, I may go ballistic (Not holding my breath though)

I was gone for about a month but literally chose to return SOLEY because of the GT Sport announcements!

GTPlanet is flooding with GT news and GT Hype.

*Sigh of relief* That's what I'm talkin bout.

• The User Interface is amazing to look at. It is by far my favorite in the genre to look at.
  • Gran Turismo continues to put out those "classy" menus that I always love.
  • The Scapes. Quite simply put, an amazing feature that will be sure to fool non video game fans. I can't wait!
  • The Livery Editor. I am not a huge user of this feature on the Forza series, but I can see myself spending some time here.
  • All Premiums. I have moved on from the older assets and I am glad PDI has as well.
  • Tracks with something else besides tarmac. A win in my book.
  • Pace cars and flags. Really want to experience these additions.
That is it thus far, but here is to hoping I can add to this list

I still want those Standards in GT7, but I think what is likely is for PD to have their modelers working like mad to Premiumize all that content, tracks too. For all the caterwauling over those ugly cars, the Standard tracks look pretty nasty. But I want them all, legacy tracks from all GT games, and as many cars as I can get. If they're all Premium, no one will have cause to do anything but happy dance. Kaz really needs to open up the bank account though (SONY), and hire a lot more modelers.

Finally, positive comments.
First of all, the cars; I loved almost every car in game except maybe the visions but my favorites so far are the:
VW Golf VII GTI (I love to modify hatchbacks in priors GT's titles); the Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 is simply gorgeous and beautiful; the Mercedes AMG GTS; the jaguar F-Type Gr.3; the McLaren 650S GT3 and the Ferrari 458 Italia GT3.
Then there is the livery editor, we couldn't see much so I'm just happy for the fact that it has one.
Next is the photo mode, and I WAS ASTONISHED (even my brother, that is a forza fan, is amazed and jelous that forza doesn't have one like that). Those background photos look simply gorgeous and I can't wait to try the photomode myself.
I liked the new sounds; althought it isn't perfect, it's more than enough to be enjoyable.
Lastly, the menus are a road down memory lane has it felt simply yet fuctional and very much like GT4 menus all in white, beautiful
I will coment on the tracks but we need to know more to say if it is a good or bad selection.

Last edited:
I still want those Standards in GT7, but I think what is likely is for PD to have their modelers working like mad to Premiumize all that content, tracks too. For all the caterwauling over those ugly cars, the Standard tracks look pretty nasty. But I want them all, legacy tracks from all GT games, and as many cars as I can get. If they're all Premium, no one will have cause to do anything but happy dance. Kaz really needs to open up the bank account though (SONY), and hire a lot more modelers.

Can I ask you why? I am only inquiring because I really felt that the Standard cars held the customization back in GT5 and GT6 (I don't count wings and wheels).

The tracks never bothered me. Why? Because I was to busy enjoying the drive.

I agree. PDI needs more modelers. It can be a permanent job posting to bring all those wonderful cars from Gran Turismo's past into the present. Especially the ones I used to own.:lol:

Can I ask you why? I am only inquiring because I really felt that the Standard cars held the customization back in GT5 and GT6 (I don't count wings and wheels).

The tracks never bothered me. Why? Because I was to busy enjoying the drive.

I agree. PDI needs more modelers. It can be a permanent job posting to bring all those wonderful cars from Gran Turismo's past into the present. Especially the ones I used to own.:lol:
Same reason anyone wants them. They don't want to lose the cars.when it comes to modelers why not just outsource like many others do? Instant access to dozens or maybe hundreds of cars.

Back