GT Sport Epic Praising and Crying (Tears of Joy) Thread

I've been quite harsh on GT Sport, so here are a couple of nice things I have to say about it.

Glad that there's finally a livery editor. I'm really looking foward to seeing what the GTPlanet community will create with it.

I'm also glad to see that PD is still continuing their tradition of taking real cars and making their own race cars out of them. They are the closest thing we have to racing modifications these days, so it's nice to see that they are getting a lot of focus in this title.

4c-gr3-png.553021

i1dY1cVuZIvXib.jpg

Last edited:
In this case less is just.. less.
Why do you need so much details about the interior if then you end up with so few cars?? I want lots of cars to play and to use, I dont want hyper detailed cars that take lots of time to create just to see little interior details.
Just as games are there to be played not to analyse the small graphics details!

Thats what the game industry is becoming... more and more graphics detail, less and less content. Thank you "graphics fans"

Agreed. I'd rather just have premium exteriors at least and double the car count.

Why do you need so much details about the interior if then you end up with so few cars?? I want lots of cars to play and to use, I dont want hyper detailed cars that take lots of time to create just to see little interior details.

Thats what the game industry is becoming... more and more graphics detail, less and less content. Thank you "graphics fans"
The way I put it, less really meant more. Having 130 premium cars instead of 600 leaves plenty of space and time to focus on other details that are important for gameplay, sound quality or car handling. Car count itself means nothing if the gameplay is not good due to number of flaws in other areas the game is clogged with. With less cars, they may have more time to bring everything else to respectable level. That is what I was aiming for.

Regarding the graphics, as far as I'm concerned, detailed interiors are irrelevant, especially since they become almost obscure once the real action starts. Black interiors in GT5 weren't badly proposed, they were just poorly implemented.

You may be looking for the Epic Whining and Crying thread. This thread is for people who want to praise the game.

Last edited:
I think of GT6 like GT2...familiar with the hardware so you shove all that you possibly can into it (650+ car on the PSONE). GT Sport is like GT3...take it easy the first time around with car count and make GT7 the pinnacle of hardware mastery and detail like GT4 was for the PS2.

The analogy is spot on !

PS (1): GT (1) & GT2
PS2 : GT3 & GT4
PS3 : GT5P/GT5 & GT6
PS4 : GTS & GT7

The way I put it, less really meant more. Having 130 premium cars instead of 600 leaves plenty of space and time to focus on other details that are important for gameplay, sound quality or car handling. Car count itself means nothing if the gameplay is not good due to number of flaws in other areas the game is clogged with. With less cars, they may have more time to bring everything else to respectable level. That is what I was aiming for.

Regarding the graphics, as far as I'm concerned, detailed interiors are irrelevant, especially since they become almost obscure once the real action starts. Black interiors in GT5 weren't badly proposed, they were just poorly implemented.
I'd say gameplay has always been very good in all GTs, all of them.

You may be looking for the Epic Whining and Crying thread. This thread is for people who want to praise the game.
Nice try but I dont want to meet those people yet again

I'd say gameplay has always been very good in all GTs, all of them.

Nice try but I dont want to meet those people yet again
Well, if you want to complain, you're gonna have to. It's either EW&C or General Discussion - your choice. This thread is meant as a safe haven for those who like what they're seeing to speak their minds freely. Negativity isn't welcome here.

I have to gush a bit more since news will probably be scarce for a while.

In my list of positives, and these are very good positives, I already have:
  • Sublime graphics
  • Extremely well modeled cars and wonderfully detailed race locations
  • Balanced car classes
  • Sports cars as well as properly grouped race cars, and the Vision GT cars get to race
  • Pro racing in the vein of real world motorsports
  • Improved damage of some kind
  • Bots which race faster and are much less spread out
  • Livery Editor!!
And there are probably others but this is off the top of my head.

So add to this the appraisal of some people in the sim community that the physics have come along as of E3. In particular, John Sabol from Inside Sim Racing stated that the latest GT Sport physics reminded him a lot of the physics of Assetto Corsa, a game which should need no introduction around here. I'm just... WOO!! :D And PD aren't finished yet. News like this is making the wait all that much harder.

I would much rather be playing a proper GT7 with lots of cars and tracks, car tinkering modification, and hopefully Race Modding. While Sport isn't as small as a Prologue, it's decidedly a side step for the series to something much smaller and eSports focused. Offline racing may be restricted to tests, challenges and Arcade Mode, whatever that ends up being, with the serious racing online. No car tinkering, no Race Modding, just racing. Serious racing. But this will be enough to feed my racing fix - yes, other games too - until GT7 arrives. And hopefully this will lay the groundwork for a GT Pro Mode in the next Gran Turismo as well.

I think of GT6 like GT2...familiar with the hardware so you shove all that you possibly can into it (650+ car on the PSONE). GT Sport is like GT3...take it easy the first time around with car count and make GT7 the pinnacle of hardware mastery and detail like GT4 was for the PS2.
This just got my hopes up for GT ;)

Me too. Makes me think of the whole "standard cars are here to stay" stuff that people bring up. All we know is that they'll hang on to the catalogue. Doesn't mean we get standards. Maybe we get a few premiumized cars, a few at a time.

I like to think this is like a GTP version of a refugee camp. I read some of the posts on the news article on Kaz's 500 cars and some of them were as if Donald Trump wrote them.

I wonder how many other people thought that even if we may not get that many cars, it's a sign that GT Sport is not as small as we thought it was?

Last edited:
From what i've seen so far, GTS has some of the best looking trees. Jealous of that tree model i am.
Never thought i would find myself in this thread, but there you go :D

It was sarcastic praising :lol:
No i wasn't :P, they really look more realistic and seem to have more volume like real life trees. In most other games it's a case of place 'generic pine tree' here, paste and repeat.

Maybe PD is copy-pasting too, but even in that case their trees just look better. Will deliberate again in November though. :D

Wow, over a year since last post on here. :eek:

I'm liking the direction PDI have taken GT #Quality. Seems a solid base to work on from for future iterations, hopefully won't be too long until a PS5 GT is released and see a GT closer to full potential of current assets.

GT SPORT will be my sim game of choice using a standard controller. The steering algorithm is genius, cars handle much better than previous GTs too. Enjoyed the casual nature of the online races on Beta, really easy to take part in and quite enticing. Get matched well with drivers of similar pace.

The sound engine seems to have a lot of potential, by far the best sounding GT. Some of it seems already at a decent level.

Visuals look most photoreal out of all racing games I've played even on a standard PS4. Really good clarity and consistent performance too so far. Will be interesting to see what people manage to achieve with the livery editor, photo mode and Scapes features.

Good base selection of cars and tracks, hopefully it is added to and a lot of higher quality cars and tracks in GT6 make the jump. Really happy that Suzuka is going to be in the game :).

Even though I don't play as much nowadays, I still look forward to some casual fun through GTS by racing against fellow GTPers. :gtpflag:

Wow, over a year since last post on here. :eek:

I'm liking the direction PDI have taken GT #Quality. Seems a solid base to work on from for future iterations, hopefully won't be too long until a PS5 GT is released and see a GT closer to full potential of current assets.

GT SPORT will be my sim game of choice using a standard controller. The steering algorithm is genius, cars handle much better than previous GTs too. Enjoyed the casual nature of the online races on Beta, really easy to take part in and quite enticing. Get matched well with drivers of similar pace.

The sound engine seems to have a lot of potential, by far the best sounding GT. Some of it seems already at a decent level.

Visuals look most photoreal out of all racing games I've played even on a standard PS4. Really good clarity and consistent performance too so far. Will be interesting to see what people manage to achieve with the livery editor, photo mode and Scapes features.

Good base selection of cars and tracks, hopefully it is added to and a lot of higher quality cars and tracks in GT6 make the jump. Really happy that Suzuka is going to be in the game :).

Even though I don't play as much nowadays, I still look forward to some casual fun through GTS by racing against fellow GTPers. :gtpflag:

Happy to see you again ! :)

Yeah, it's a good thing PD have decided to go for quality over quantity this time. As much as I lament the fact that the car and track count are rather pathetic this time around, it seems the GT series has finally returned to the level of quality that GT5P had, which I consider to be the most quality of all the GT games.

Yeah, it's a good thing PD have decided to go for quality over quantity this time. As much as I lament the fact that the car and track count are rather pathetic this time around, it seems the GT series has finally returned to the level of quality that GT5P had, which I consider to be the most quality of all the GT games.

This is my feeling as well. Everything about GTS oozes quality in novel ways as well. The car models, scapes, museum, UI, livery editor, the tracks, user info and online system. Also have high hopes for tuning considering there's an entire guide on it on PD's website.

GTS is looking to be a fantastic foundation for the series and it will only get better in the future.

Resurrecting this thread from page 30...wow.

Bathurst looks and drives amazing. I’d have a tough time going back to the frame dropping of GT6 after today...

EDIT:

No sooner than I post this, the replay controls don’t seem to work. Can’t exit the replay since the interface isn’t showing up. Have to sit through an entire 15 minute replay in order to save my progress and get the credits. :odd::rolleyes::indiff::irked:

Last edited:
Resurrecting this thread from page 30...wow.

Bathurst looks and drives amazing. I’d have a tough time going back to the frame dropping of GT6 after today...

EDIT:

No sooner than I post this, the replay controls don’t seem to work. Can’t exit the replay since the interface isn’t showing up. Have to sit through an entire 15 minute replay in order to save my progress and get the credits. :odd::rolleyes::indiff::irked:
Yours is the first post since the game was released. It could be posted here or in the Epic Whinging Thread:lol:

GTS absolutely is a blast to play. I've not been this hooked on a game this badly in a long time - the last game to pull me in this hard was Advanced Warfare.

Back