GT Sport Epic Praising and Crying (Tears of Joy) Thread

I want that wheel too, but I'm wondering how many hundreds of dollars it is... :ouch:

I want to gush a bit more myself. Like Ridox, I've been racing a variety of cars lately, mostly the 200hp on up sports cars and race cars. I have to pick a race which will have the aggression and performance I want, and the sweet spot in the racing list is pretty much restricted to the I-A Class races. 16 car fields, and with a car suitably nerfed to be 80% or less of the PP level, I find the bots are remotely competitive. I've been passed a number of times by a bot who doesn't intend to remain behind me, and I've lost a surprising number of races. And as much as I complain about the field being sread out over a five lap race by a minute and a half or more, in the Super GT races and 15 Minute races, the fields are much tighter. The first to last separation in Super GT races can be as little as nine seconds on shorter tracks. Putting Racing Hard tires on a sports car is almost always a slippery drive too. It's definitely not as sure footed as on race cars, giving me a challenge to be extra disciplined.

In other words, GT6 is a lot of fun for me.

All the news, pics and videos are making me want GT Sport badly, even if the offline single player stuff is mostly racing school, a few challenges and Arcade Mode races, so it's a letdown every race to think that I have to watch my PP rating, can't put a livery on my car, can't put my number on a Standard... it's making GT6 feel rather primitive. And yet I keep coming back to it. I could put the PS3 stuff away and try PCARS again, as it is a pretty well endowed racer, and somewhat similar to GT6 but with more goodies. And then I think of how the tire sounds are all but absent, the bots can be bash happy sometimes and not be shy of throwing you right off the track or into a wall, and that hideous weather in the campaign. I have never seen a racer rain SO much. I quite hate it. :P

So I keep going with GT6. And I'm still having a blast. At some point, I might want to change flavors - it is going to be almost a half year wait after all, and dig into PCARS, try getting the race maker in Assetto Corsa to work reliably, and dive headlong once more into RaceRoom. Particularly since Sector 3 has released some new content for RR that I have yet to purchase. But... wow, I really want more Gran Turismo right now. I'm quite jealous of those who have had a chance to sit down at those racing pods with builds only this far along. You lucky guys. Once again...

BRING IT!! :D

Oh and Tornado, I promise never again to state that Johnnypenso has praised Gran Turismo. You have my word on that. ;)

GT Thrustmaster Direct Drive Wheel.

Kaz you are forgiven for all previous wrongs.

I want that wheel too, but I'm wondering how many hundreds of dollars it is...

Considering the other DD wheels range in price from well over a thousand to four thousand at under a grand it will be cheap.

The concern is the quick release. Due to the torque of other DD wheels typically they can kill a genuine race QR in a few hours so with this one being plastic either the wheel is very weak compared to DD or it is seriously flawed. And if it is weak it is still seriously flawed.

Currently the other wheels are 13Nm, 16Nm and typically 20Nm but there are some stronger.

One of the things that makes a DD wheel special currently is the high torque and all these wheels can injure you. Being a PS4 wheel I would be surprised if it is high torque like those other wheels and if it isn't that is one of the biggest selling points of DD missing.

Last edited:
That's exactly how I feel about Standards! In an age of diminishing returns with regards to the physics engine, the lack of features they had in no way made up for a supposedly-improved drive (IMO of course). I love the 1970 Galant, but it's increasingly become a museum piece for me in GT, as there's nothing I can do to really enjoy it. I can't look inside, or even pour over the details in Photomode. I can't visually customize it beyond some atrocious wings and some wheels – but even the wheels will have to stay hilariously narrow. I can hot lap it around the 'Ring from bumper view, but I don't feel like I'm really in a unique car then. For a franchise that used the tagline "We Love Cars", and threw in a lot of strange quirks of car ownership (oil change, mileage affecting performance, car wash), it feels oddly impersonal.

That's why I'm excited about the prospect of a livery editor and Premium-only content in GT Sport. Depending on how robust the editor is, I can finally create cars that truly feel my own, in the franchise that got me into the genre. One of my favourite things to do in GT or FM is to turn off the HUD and just lap the 'Ring at around 8/10 or so. Doing it in a car that feels mine is even better.

All that stuff that I put in bold are truly reasons to get excited over GT Sport. Like you, Gran Turismo got me into racing games, and racing in general (although casually) and I am excited over all that you said.

I really can't wait to see the master photographers get a hold of the "Scapes" feature in GTS.

I think I'll yet again be GT Planet's eternal optimist. ;) (edited slightly from before)

The capture from the Japan Event warms my heart, seeing those GT cars - okay, GR3 - running around the Nordschleife... this is why I love Gran Turismo. This may be a tiny Gran Turismo, but the game looks to be nicely improved over GT6. Even the cars we know about now are superb, great choices, and more will be revealed. Three wonderful pro classes, and a series of sports car classes to boot! And we can add our own liveries - even decals! If we get club and league builder tools, this game is going to explode.

My complaints of cars racing together that have very different performance and don't even belong together in a race are no more. This is seriously more like it. Go grab a car and join a race, and you should expect them to perform similarly, as they would in real life. And I love these cars! The Toyota FT-1 is sublime. There is a Jaguar to compete with Aston Martin, Ferrari and Renault. Now if they will just have a Ford GT, in fact the 2004 and new one together, I'll be in racing heaven. I'm going to be racing in this game till GT7 gets shipped right into my racing glove wearing hands. A fun racing sim! Formerly that was RaceRoom, but with Sport, I don't have to tear everything down and fire up a PC game to get my serious racing fix.

People can complain about imperfect physics (while giving their own pet games passes) and shoddy A.I. - on a work in progress, no less - and yet, millions of us fans keep buying into this dream, this movement, of a crazy guy from Japan who has managed to impress a lot of important people in the automotive and motorsports world. Who gets invited to join a racing team, and does some of the best racing for them. Offers tuning suggestions. Tests out airfoil and suspension settings in a build of his game at the event, implements them, and they work as predicted. Is instrumental in how they finish.

He makes a video game that fools people into thinking it's real. And man, is it sometimes extremely hard to tell the difference.

He makes a game which produces the videos we've been drooling over. A game which is both a sim and a global sports event.

Sure, criticize, quibble, suggest, make demands, ask for more goodies. This is what people do before a game's release. Even though here, people can't resist adding some tabasco to every post...

But how can you not celebrate this, a game with so much going for it months before release? Which has so much potential? You guys can denigrate. I'm going to anticipate. Celebrate. This game.

Kaz, BRING IT!! :D

Saw some more Scapes footage from the Japan event livestream, and it looks really good!

Also, the wheel arches of the SLS appears to have been fixed:

image.png

Finally register here to say:

So if such path was chosen by pd I DO hope they will create eSport game for everyone. With many leagues for players start with low skill casuals and finish with pro race drivers in real life.

Introduce some kind of MMR system or smth like that to stimulate players increase their skills and challenge in higher and higher leagues.

And when you get tired of racing - just turn on spectator mode and watch super pros' racing, learn something from them (showing telemetry of brakes and accelerations etc) and listen to commentators like on twitch.

Finally register here to say:

So if such path was chosen by pd I DO hope they will create eSport game for everyone. With many leagues for players start with low skill casuals and finish with pro race drivers in real life.

Introduce some kind of MMR system or smth like that to stimulate players increase their skills and challenge in higher and higher leagues.

And when you get tired of racing - just turn on spectator mode and watch super pros' racing, learn something from them (showing telemetry of brakes and accelerations etc) and listen to commentators like on twitch.
Welcome to GTPlanet!

Formalities aside - That's a good point! If a lower ranked player can access spectator footage of a higher rank event, they'll benefit from seeing how the pros drive.

Less is sometimes more. With only 130 cars in the game, they may have more time to focus on quality polish this time. Photomode locations are visually splendid, exhaust sounds could be next.

Well, I love the fact the Group 3 car rouster seems a lot more filled than how the GT rouster was in GT6. Seriously, there were only about 4 GT3 cars with a couple having multi-liveries and well; the GT3 event seemed kinda annoying on how I saw a lot of repeats. I'm glad PD this time round added a couple more GT3 cars to the pile such as the Mclaren 650S and Ferrari 458. That and the amazing looking fictional race cars make this race class look amazing!
Nurburgring_Nordschleife_Gr3_06_1465878838.jpg

Nurburgring_Nordschleife_Gr3_08_1465878839.jpg

There's been gameplay leaked ahead of the GTS presentation - the AI is noticeably faster through the turns and less zombie-like!

Less is sometimes more. With only 130 cars in the game, they may have more time to focus on quality polish this time. Photomode locations are visually splendid, exhaust sounds could be next.
Well wouldn't those things have been worked on in conjunction with each other, rather than one after the other? I mean the guy modeling the cars isn't exactly going to be the one working on the exhaust sounds.

However, that could free up resources and money to be used elsewhere though, so there's that. I have no problem with the small car count either way.

Well wouldn't those things have been worked on in conjunction with each other, rather than one after the other? I mean the guy modeling the cars isn't exactly going to be the one working on the exhaust sounds.
Both should work in conjunction, but if they have a priority to follow due to complex programming, it is likely that they will try dealing with important elements first.

^ So much details on the cockpit, yet when the action starts, they aren't important anymore.

There's been gameplay leaked ahead of the GTS presentation - the AI is noticeably faster through the turns and less zombie-like!
Where? A link please.
Hey btw. When is the LiveCast the PlayStation US blog mentioned?

This game has shown more progress in 3 weeks than GT6 did in over 6 months leading up to release, and the fact that they're pretty keen on showing proper gameplay vids (Sometimes of early builds) tells me they're pretty confident they can do a good job with this game. Quite refreshing coming from the CG trailer fest that is usually E3.

It may not be the most important thing, but I appreciate hot-air balloons at Willow Springs circuit. They should put more flying objects on tracks, they help improve the atmosphere.
Yes! Like birds. Where are all the birds in PD's code? Please add them in the skies.

Loving how this is coming along. I was on the fence between Forza and GT. But, with the announcement of the PS4 Neo, my decision was made for me.

One other note.

Can PD PLEASE, PLEASE make metric and imperial units consistent through the entire game!!! I don't think any version of GT was consistent. I'd see metric info in one menu, and imperial in another. Even if it was selected in the settings! Also, I've never measured a car in MM. lol

In this case less is just.. less.
Why do you need so much details about the interior if then you end up with so few cars?? I want lots of cars to play and to use, I dont want hyper detailed cars that take lots of time to create just to see little interior details.
Just as games are there to be played not to analyse the small graphics details!

Thats what the game industry is becoming... more and more graphics detail, less and less content. Thank you "graphics fans"

Last edited:
Back