GT Sport FIA Certified Championships Taking Place in Monaco November 16–18

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Nov 2, 2018.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. Jomas

Jomas

Racing in Monaco for the World Finals of Gran Turismo one week after my birthday, it's already a great present! :cheers:

3. K32

K32

*Ahem* Why is Nik_Makozi's name not in full?

4. Castrol96

Castrol96

A race on Cote D'Azur with Formula 1's would be awesome!

5. Razamataz

Razamataz

Should be an incredible event. The whole season's been brilliant thus far. Looking forward to see what Polyphony have up their sleeve.

Perhaps a return of Cote d'Azur? Great circuit from a visual point of view but the real question is, does it make for great racing? Still eager to get my hands on Catalunya!

6. RZQSPEED

RZQSPEED

The Monaco event should be an awesome one, even if it streams at exactly midnight Jakarta time...

EDIT: Thanks for moving it to the GTS subforum!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    HydrotypeR likes this.
  7. Ares85

Ares85

I would not be surprised if Cote d'Azure will come back in the November or December update, I'm curious if the formula E will appear in gts, as we all know the formula E has its round in Monaco but on short version of the track.

8. Naveek Darkroom

Naveek Darkroom Premium

If the previous FIA events are any indication, this will likely mean the return of an old track to the roster. Hopefully licensed this time. You know the one.

If this does mean we get Circuit de Monaco maybe we will get the Formula E specific short course even if we don't get a Formula E car. We did get the short course of Red Bull Ring and we've had the Streets of Willow Springs and the Horse Thief Mile alongside Big Willow since launch.

9. zeptrans

zeptrans

Monaco or "Côte d'Azur" is always a good upload idea, just curious to see a world final race with RedBull cars into.

Kalder and sundaydriving like this.
  10. queleuleu

queleuleu

It would be the first city track in GTSport, and a perfect track for slow cars.

Cerebral303, james h and Rinsky like this.
  11. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

Who remembers the stuff like the 2J or TOyota 7 around MOnaco. Its almost an institution that overpowered cars go around MOnaco.

queleuleu likes this.
  12. 05XR8

05XR8

How about an F1 car?

zeptrans likes this.
  13. Naveek Darkroom

Naveek Darkroom Premium

What about Tokyo Expressway?

14. QRacer_31

QRacer_31 Premium

Not really a real track even though it is kind of using real streets in Tokyo

queleuleu likes this.
  15. SkyPikmin

SkyPikmin

Nice article but.... "Drivers qualified for world finals" 36 drivers are missing on your list :lol: #ManufacturerForgottenDrivers

16. Famine

Famine Administrator

Did you read the sentence above it?

17. SkyPikmin

SkyPikmin

My bad then :lol: (but we can have the list, at least we have one made by ourselves :lol:)

18. Rinsky

Rinsky Premium

Never been a huge fan of racing at Monaco or "Côte d'Azur" in GT with fast cars. Its such a small tight course with really no margin for error the faster you go. Not to mention that passing cleanly is very difficult if not almost impossible depending on the cars. Could you imagine the chaos if that track came up in Sport Mode with the F1 car.

But I do agree with other post in this thread that it's a great track for the slower cars in the game at least for me anyway.

Sander 001 and Interstellar9 like this.
  19. VeeDoubleU

VeeDoubleU

Don't understand why some people are taking it for granted that we are suddenly getting Monaco.

So far we have had 2 World Tour events and 3 Regional Finals, and only 1 of them had a new track in the same country as the event took place (Catalunya/Spain (well...))

There is no pattern. And no, Fuji was shown at the World Tour event in Austria.

SkyPikmin likes this.
  20. Doomotron

Doomotron

If Monte Carlo is in a future update, we should get the Formula Gran Turismo again. The Mercedes F1 is nice put the original PD F1 cars always felt more special to me... Maybe include the Polyphony001 as well?

nickf1gr and ProjectF like this.
  21. zeptrans

zeptrans

They can do with F1 car sure. But they don't have F1 license, and I don't imagine a race with McLaren F1 only.
    The Red Bull is the perfect car: Gran Turismo creation (no license), and the occasion to show how PD is able to create a car.

They can add the Polyphony F1, but this car is less iconic than Red Bull.

nickf1gr likes this.
  22. Sander 001

Sander 001

What about the AMG Mercedes F1 car? Are you saying there’s a licensing issue in that it cannot be raced in a broadcast?

zeptrans likes this.
  23. zeptrans

zeptrans

No, surely not.

But, PD developped a car (RedBull), so they show their creation.

24. Guffaluff

Guffaluff

Actually the RedBull car is designed by Adrian Newey :)

zeptrans likes this.
  25. zeptrans

zeptrans

But under Gran Turismo license rights. It's only a partnership between Gran Turismo and RedBull.

Guffaluff likes this.
  26. Guffaluff

Guffaluff

True :)

27. Telmo

Telmo

28. Kalder

Kalder

November 16th, 18:00 local time :) Noted. I'll be watching.
    I wonder why I couldn't find a date and time anywhere else, not even on the gran turismo website.