GT Sport FIA Schedule Hints at New Track — But What Could It Be?

Okay, let's get on the hype train again and start speculating the tracks for the next updates: Laguna Seca for the semi-final in the Americas region and Silverstone or Spa for the world final...

If they offer several versions of the Catalan track, specifically the one without that horrendous "health and safety" chicane that destroyed the last corner a few years back

I think they added that chicane to have more overtaking opportunities in F1. As you can imagine, it didn't quite work.

MMX
Most real tracks are boring in game. Fuji for example is a snooze fest to me. Fictional tracks are generally more fun, but of course that's my opinion.

Same as mine, it's only an opinion. Variety is what has made this game popular over the years. I'm not saying I haven't enjoyed some of the fictional tracks in GT but I just prefer real location. I definitely don't hate fictional locations.

I think the original tracks have soul, and of course bring back good memories and nostalgia from the 90's. And they bring that GT flavour. I'm not saying real tracks don't have soul obviously.

I think they added that chicane to have more overtaking opportunities in F1. As you can imagine, it didn't quite work.

Yeah, but the problem is it is already proceeded by several very slow corners, making it completely pointless as an interesting, spectator friendly, overtaking spot...which is what you suggest motivated the reasoning behind its addition.

Put it at the end of a fast straight, or at the end of a "fast into slow" section of tightening corners with several "lines of attack" into the chicane and it might have worked.

All it has done is ruin what was once a very fast corner; one that was important because it determined how much speed you would then carry down the very long start/finish straight.

It meant some great drafting on the main straight and as they hit the braking zone for turn 1 it was real balls out stuff seeing who could stand on the anchors at the last minute.

I'm talking about the real world, but it translated to the virtual circuit and I enjoyed it much more than what there is now.

What was the name of that very first track you came across in GT5: Prologue, that was set in a sort of alpine roadway, with uphill hairpins and a long tunnel?

Please, tell me I'm not confusing it with Forza?

I swear it was in GT5: Prologue.

It was almost like a rally stage in looks and location, but it was a circuit and quite a long one too if I remember?

What was the name of that very first track you came across in GT5: Prologue, that was set in a sort of alpine roadway, with uphill hairpins and a long tunnel?

Please, tell me I'm not confusing it with Forza?

I swear it was in GT5: Prologue.

It was almost like a rally stage in looks and location, but it was a circuit and quite a long one too if I remember?
Eiger Nordwand?

Did a couple more races at Catalunya. GT4, GT3 and Vintage B. Found Vintage B in the Stanceworks 2002, to be my favorite combo.

Can't wait to see how everything(track ambience, car physics, track surface) translates to GT Sport.

I honestly think that there isn't a single fantasy track in GTS that approaches 80% of the fantasy GT6 tracks.

R246, GV, HSR, Eiger, Rome, Midfield, I could go on and on... Where is one fantasy track from GTS with these tracks' flow, design, scale, clean passing opportunities and variety? Something changed at PD, and the design philosophy that churned out great fantasy track after great track seems to have gone missing. PD have gone curb and runoff crazy!

I would be unsurprised, if all the great GT6 fantasy tracks returned, how few of the current crop would be raced on much. Who honestly would prefer Kyoto to Grand Valley, or Autumn Ring, or Midfield..?

I honestly think that there isn't a single fantasy track in GTS that approaches 80% of the fantasy GT6 tracks.

R246, GV, HSR, Eiger, Rome, Midfield, I could go on and on... Where is one fantasy track from GTS with these tracks' flow, design, scale, clean passing opportunities and variety? Something changed at PD, and the design philosophy that churned out great fantasy track after great track seems to have gone missing. PD have gone curb and runoff crazy!

I would be unsurprised, if all the great GT6 fantasy tracks returned, how few of the current crop would be raced on much. Who honestly would prefer Kyoto to Grand Valley, or Autumn Ring, or Midfield..?

I agree, though I have to confess I actually really enjoy Kyoto.

Dragon Trail Seaside. As far as I'm concerned it is the only a good fantasy track PD have made since El Capitan in GT4.

The Rome circuit introduced in GT5 isn't a fantasy track. Like R246 it is based on the real roads in that area.

I'd rather have the original fantasy tracks to the new ones though.

Last edited:

Most of the fantasy tracks you mention come from GT3 and before. When they got to GT4, Polyphony became obsessed with doing as many city tracks as possible, and it's fair to say that very of few were actually good (I don't see people clamouring for the return of Hong Kong, Seoul, Opera Paris, Circuito de Madrid or London! - and GT5's Rome circuit is a mere shadow of its former self). Even new originals like Cape Ring and Sierra were gigantic messes (Cape Ring has its moments, but man, that track is a mess!)

Gran Turismo Sport's new tracks are easily better than any circuit they created for GT4-6: Kyoto, Lago Maggiore, Dragon Trail, Blue Moon, even Tokyo Expressway East!

And to answer your question: while Grand Valley is still a classic, I would take Kyoto over Autumn Ring and Midfield.

Madrid is one of my favorites. I'd also have Hong Kong back in.

Cita d'Aria and El Capitan are classics. Definitely better than most of those tracks you mentioned.

Back