GT SPORT GEEZER CLUB

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,879 comments
Check this out. Will try to get there when I’m in LA next month. Will be a month too early for the R&T sim racing event though. Poor planning on my part. :lol: :cheers:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a30390306/2020-ultimate-sim-circuit-event/

There's a place in Toronto like this, quite expensive starts at $90 an hour, a racing friend that live were I live went, said it was great! lunch couple of beers and 2 hours of racing $250.00. An hour goes SO FAST THO! Want to go someday. They also sell Sim Racing gear you can try before you buy.

Check this out. Will try to get there when I’m in LA next month. Will be a month too early for the R&T sim racing event though. Poor planning on my part. :lol: :cheers:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a30390306/2020-ultimate-sim-circuit-event/

Also,, WOW!! Can you imagine the initial investent to get an Area51 entertainment restaurant set up,, May take a couple $M$ just to get the doors open then another $100K a month overhead. We may see one of these somewhere on the Pacific NW but I dunno,, would be a risky BUT VERY COOL place.

1000 Congratulations Gary!! It IS a daymn cool truck for sure! You'll have to provide us a link to the article when it's available. Perhaps even a video of the guys visiting your place taking photos, sort of a "sneek peek" if you will, after all,, we're your Geezer buds :) 👍
Google Frankenmerc/Frankenmerc DaDaully. There’s a couple of articles from Stance is Everything on the car and truck, and Old Autos Newspaper on the car too.

Last edited:
1000 Congratulations Gary!! It IS a daymn cool truck for sure! You'll have to provide us a link to the article when it's available. Perhaps even a video of the guys visiting your place taking photos, sort of a "sneek peek" if you will, after all,, we're your Geezer buds :) 👍
Thanks John

you've all heard me lament on the lack of craftmanship in this neck of the woods. Here's a couple of examples.
a. borrowed my paint stuff and "cleaned" it before returning
b. the screws used to attach the lock on the garage door. and the weren't in straight and the sharp edge cut your finger when you turned the key Bleepin' amateurs hehe

20200103_085319.jpg

20200109_095056.jpg

Last edited:
Hip Hip Hooray Hopefully the penalty for very slight contact plus other BS penalty is fix! lol

Attachments

• 50F8E13E-01EC-4666-957C-7E1655B962A0.jpeg
    50F8E13E-01EC-4666-957C-7E1655B962A0.jpeg
    42.7 KB · Views: 14
Saturday Geezer Races
8:30 AM ET (Qualify for the first race start @ 8:50) - (PS1)

Cars:
Gr.1 - ONE-MAKE - (100x100) - Tires: RM
Gr.3 - ONE-MAKE - (100x100) - Tires: RM
N500 - PORSCHE 911 GT3 RS 2016 - (100X100) - Tires: RH
N300 - ALPINE A110 PREMIERE EDITION 2017 - (100x100) - Tires: SS

Race and Track conditions:
Whether: Sunny and Clear Day
Laps: 5 to 9 depending on track length
Grid: Stand start
Tire: consumption during race will be set @ 4x for all cars
Fuel: consumption during race will be set at 60 liters and 5x for all cars
Qualify: 10 minutes, no fuel or tire consumption, grid set by best lap for the 1st race. Then, grid based on last race results.
Penalty System: ON Weak
Boost: ON Weak
Slipstream: ON Real

First Race/Qualify

Sardegna C + N300
4th place chose next combo (car n track)

Final race @ Blue Moon (people in lobby decides what to do)

See ya there!

PS1 - By 8:50 we will start a qualification time to set the grid for the first race, then the grid order as above. If you are not on the lobby by 8:50 you will only race on the second race. Even though we don't leave geezers behind, during qualify DO NOT exit your car or you will be out of the first race (game policies) .
PS2 - Lobby is friends only, if you are a Geezer (+60 yrs) and would like to participate, send a FR to PSN: GT-RaceAce

My second Diamond lap in the Hamilton TT!!!:):):D
I exactly matched the Diamond lap time at the Lake Maggiore track with a 1:55.455

49363657873_19eb130d1e_k.jpg

I ran a 1:55.550 lap about 15 attempts earlier,:banghead: so I knew I was getting close and then bam!!:):)

49361444878_66508e4284_k.jpg

I ran over 1000 miles at this track:crazy: before I was finally fast enough to set the Diamond lap.
I have now learned the first three-quarters of the track, but the last quarter of the track always catches me out and I would normally lose about 3 tenths over the last four corners and go from being tied with Hamilton to losing by the 3-4 tenths at the finish line.:grumpy::banghead: Even on my Diamond lap, I threw away a tenth going thru the last two corners because I had been up by a tenth of a second.:nervous:
I was using BB+1, auto transmission, and TC for the first two corners only.
I tried using the manual transmission, and it seemed faster, however, I would miss a shift somewhere during the lap and this would lose me too much time so I switched back to the auto trans.
Good luck everyone!
:cheers:

Last edited:
Here's a funny storey. My next door neighbour when they got married sixty years ago in Leicester England. They had a up and coming inspiring young 23 years singer named Arnold Dorsey sing at there wedding. They said he was really good singer and nice young man. Few years later Arnold change his name to "Engelbert Humperdinck" lol

Here's a funny storey. My next door neighbour when they got married sixty years ago in Leicester England. They had a up and coming inspiring young 23 years singer named Arnold Dorsey sing at there wedding. They said he was really good singer and nice young man. Few years later Arnold change his name to "Engelbert Humperdinck" lol

my mum was a big fan. She and my aunt went to see him in concert in 196?....... the opening act was a young unknown........... Jimi Hendrix :D
what a bloody noise according to my mum :)

Guys,, this one,, you absolutely MUST see and HEAR this one. Watching and hearing them is stunning in and of itself BUT the in-car gives us just a slight hint of what it must be to drive these beasts up the mountain. Imagine the skills these pilots possess,, IMAGINE yourself sitting in the drivers seat,, WOW!

Back