GT SPORT GEEZER CLUB

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,879 comments
My third Diamond lap in the Hamilton TT at the Dragon Trail Seaside track!!!:):):)
I just edged out Hamilton's lap with a 1:37.083:)

49385918112_d1547888be_k.jpg

I ran about 750 miles before I finally found the speed to set this lap.
I tried quite a few different settings in an effort to find more speed, so I'm not quite sure what is really the best, but I was using the following settings for my Diamond lap:
BB=0, CS=weak, no TC
I'm taking the first chicane in 3rd gear.
I took the last hairpin (the final right-hander) in 3rd gear as well.<==I don't know if this is faster, and sometimes I was taking this final corner in 2nd gear, but I happened to take this corner in 3rd on my Diamond lap.
Hamilton's ghost was set at 0.4 seconds ahead to give me something to chase.
Using CS=weak makes the Mercedes slightly slower in some places on the track, however, I found that it made the car more stable thru the chicane of death:eek: (and this is important) so I ran about half of the 750 miles with the CSW, and liked the results.
Good luck everyone!
:cheers:

Found out why Eric is such a good golfer. I thought it was because were Eric lives at The Villages there’s over 55 golf courses on the property. No it’s because Eric has his very own Private Practice Putting Green! lol

Attachments

• D63860D7-FBA7-408F-90C4-D4472E2548F9.jpeg
    D63860D7-FBA7-408F-90C4-D4472E2548F9.jpeg
    53.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
My fourth Diamond lap in the Hamilton TT at Monza!!!:):):)
Just enough pace to edge out Hamilton at the finish line by a tenth with a 1:46.839 lap:)

49391568776_832e04863b_k.jpg

I ran another 250 miles today in a successful effort to find some missing pace. Previously I had probably run 500 miles on the Monza track trying to find enough speed to challenge Hamilton.
My settings were as follows:
BB=0, TC1 for just the first chicane
I ran a lot of laps with the BB at -1, but eventually felt that BB=0 was better.
I was only shifting down to 3rd gear for the second chicane
I also turned on the cone markers so I could better see the track limits going thru the 2nd chicane.
I set Hamilton's ghost at 0.4 ahead and was following him throughout the lap, but he is able to cut the 2nd chicane without getting a track limit penalty and I was having a lot of trouble with the 2nd chicane and would frequently/always get the track limit penalty.:banghead::grumpy::ill:
Good luck everyone!

Thank you John for hosting the room tomorrow. P.M.
Ok,, will do. Starting at KYOTO DRIVING PARK – YAMAGIWA+MIYABI, Gr3 "BOP" on RM for 5 laps. Pick your hotrod and we'll GET IT ON Geezer style! Oh,, usual Geezer Sat am settings apply (time trial, boost, slip, etc). I will pick who picks the next race from my list by entrant arrivals.

My fifth Diamond lap in the Hamilton TT at the Interlagos track!!!:):):)
My lap time of 1:30.907 just edged out Hamilton's time:)

49415062161_1271eda73f_k.jpg

Two days ago, I had matched @nordschleife51 lap time of 1:31.038:)

49400545563_bcca6edf45_k.jpg

It took me two more days before I was able to finally beat Hamilton's time.:banghead:
I probably ran about 800 miles on the Interlagos track before I was finally fast enough to beat Hamilton.
Soooooo many restarts because I would get the track penalty for cutting too much of the first chicane.:banghead::irked::grumpy::ill:
I also had trouble carrying enough speed to match Hamilton going thru the last two corners. I ran many/many laps tied with Hamilton before these final two corners, only to lose out by about 3 tenths at the finish line.
I tried all sorts of BB and TC settings, and even ran quite a few laps with the CS on weak.
For my Diamond lap, I started the lap with BB=0 and then changed this to BB-1 after the first chicane (and left it at BB-1), and no TC and no CS.
I am shifting down into 2nd gear to help slow the car for the first tight left-hander, but quickly shifting into 3rd gear as I go thru the first chicane.
Interestingly, I found that I could drive nearly as fast when using the CS on weak, however, I found that the CS sucked away just enough speed that I just couldn't find the last two tenths when the CS was on. I think that my best lap with the CS=weak was about a 1:31.100
Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Well, I have bitten the bullet and ordered a fanatic set, csl wheelbase and inverted pedals. Just got to order the seat now, possibly an rseat S1. Deb was surprisingly cool when I told her how much I was spending :). Setup will be all a lot sturdier and longer lasting than what I have now which will be cool for George and the boys to start learning to drive. George should be able to reach the pedals in about 6 months or so. Can't wait :):)

Well, I have bitten the bullet and ordered a fanatic set, csl wheelbase and inverted pedals. Just got to order the seat now, possibly an rseat S1. Deb was surprisingly cool when I told her how much I was spending :). Setup will be all a lot sturdier and longer lasting than what I have now which will be cool for George and the boys to start learning to drive. George should be able to reach the pedals in about 6 months or so. Can't wait :):)
Cool

NICE!

Latest Posts

Back