GT SPORT GEEZER CLUB

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,879 comments
Wednesday night racing 7:30 PM ET
N500 Mileage exchange car untuned. Please at least have the car that is available now.
N100 - N300 tuned or untuned
Group X
Group 2 BOP or One make
Group 4 BOP or One make

4th place chooses car & track

From the Gran-Turismo page about Sophy: "The agent was designed to compete against top Gran Turismo® Sport drivers and elevate their gaming experience."

This suggests that it wasn't designed for all players. It also sounds like a training tool.

Last edited:
Saturday Geezer Races

Lobby opens @ 8:30 AM ET

Cars:
Gr.3 - One Make or BoP - (100x100) - Tires: RM - No Tune
Gr.4 - One Make or BoP - (100x100) - Tires: RH - No Tune
Gr.X - One Make (100x100) - Tires: (depend on the car)
N400 - One Make or BoP - (100x100) - Tires: SS/SM - Tune or Not
N200 - One Make or BoP - (100x100) - Tires: SS/SM - Tune or Not

Race and Track conditions:
Weather: Sunny and Clear Day
Laps: 5 to 9 depending on track length
Grid: Stand start
Tire: consumption during race will be set @ 4x for all cars
Fuel: consumption during race will be set at 60 liters and 5x for all cars
Qualify: fastest first for every race
Penalty System: on
Boost: ON Strong
Slipstream: ON Real

First Race/Qualify

N400 @ Laguna (BOP/SS/NT) (no cars from other classes)

4th place chose next combo (car n track)

See ya there!

PS - Lobby is friends only, if you are a Geezer (+60 yrs) and would like to participate, send a FR to PSN: GT-RaceAce

Super Bowl ribs. Last barbecue on Old Smokey

Attachments

• 697949F5-9FA9-4DD4-8E86-D8FBFF11C335.jpeg
    697949F5-9FA9-4DD4-8E86-D8FBFF11C335.jpeg
    238.8 KB · Views: 24
  • BEC2C894-A85B-4695-A781-FDFE2559D5A1.jpeg
    BEC2C894-A85B-4695-A781-FDFE2559D5A1.jpeg
    309.4 KB · Views: 22
Wednesday night racing 7:30 PM ET
N500 Mileage exchange car untuned. Please at least have the car that is available now.
N100 - N300 tuned or untuned
Group X
Group 2 BOP or One make
Group 4 BOP or One make

4th place chooses car & track

Saturday Geezer Races

Lobby opens @ 8:30 AM ET

Cars:
Gr.3 - One Make or BoP - (100x100) - Tires: RM - No Tune
Gr.4 - One Make or BoP - (100x100) - Tires: RH - No Tune
Gr.X - One Make (100x100) - Tires: (depend on the car)
N400 - One Make or BoP - (100x100) - Tires: SS/SM - Tune or Not
N200 - One Make or BoP - (100x100) - Tires: SS/SM - Tune or Not

Race and Track conditions:
Weather: Sunny and Clear Day
Laps: 5 to 9 depending on track length
Grid: Stand start
Tire: consumption during race will be set @ 4x for all cars
Fuel: consumption during race will be set at 60 liters and 5x for all cars
Qualify: fastest first for every race
Penalty System: on
Boost: ON Strong
Slipstream: ON Real

First Race/Qualify

Gr.4 @ Monza full (BOP/RH/NT)

4th place chose next combo (car n track)

See ya there!

PS - Lobby is friends only, if you are a Geezer (+60 yrs) and would like to participate, send a FR to PSN: GT-RaceAce

For discussion: Does he have the right to do this? Do I have the right to the inside line? Should he return the position? Should I Start doing that to other people ? 😊

Do you think he thought he had cleared you? I'm curious, what happened next, did he make the final turn? It seemed as though he may have pulled down onto you while coming back onto the track.

Last edited:
Do you think he thought he had cleared you? I'm curious, what happened next, did he make the final turn? It seemed as though he may have pulled down onto you while coming back onto the track.
i think he was careless. He did make the turn and ended ahead of me. He did not hit me whyle comming back to track. I posted that becouse i think this is very comun in GT people think they cleared and turn into you.

Last edited:
For discussion: Does he have the right to do this? Do I have the right to the inside line? Should he return the position? Should I Start doing that to other people ? 😊
Luiz , looks like one of your Brazilian Academy members went rogue Lol .Tough call ,I’ve done the same move . But also have had the same done to me . In a friend’s lobby he should of gave you some room .That was a typical Daily race (no penalty to worry about ) maneuver .Please stay the Gentleman Racer you are Luiz

The white car was in the lead. Everybody knows that each driver needs to clip the apex and your car was placed between him and the apex. You can't count on the lead driver knowing where any following cars are, so the onus would be on the following cars to back off and let the lead car get to the apex. The lead car did what the lead car should have done.

This gets to be a bit more difficult to judge when two cars are side by side and neither one backs off. What will SOPHY do in that situation?

The white car was in the lead. Everybody knows that each driver needs to clip the apex and your car was placed between him and the apex. You can't count on the lead driver knowing where any following cars are, so the onus would be on the following cars to back off and let the lead car get to the apex. The lead car did what the lead car should have done.

This gets to be a bit more difficult to judge when two cars are side by side and neither one backs off. What will SOPHY do in that situation?
Good point but the white car was overtaking the other was defending position. If that makes any difference.

Last edited:
The white car was in the lead well before closing in on the apex. The driver has precedence of position. The other car had lost the lead, even though it was on the inside at the time.

I put together a set of clips to practice approaching corners in traffic compared to watching a rules-based AI driver on its driving line. The point of it is to practice decision making in corners. Would you attempt to pass or not?

Corner Practice

I reposted this for Cory - he had put it in the GT7 Geezer club forum. Cory - please edit your post there - thanks.

Cory's room
Sunday action!
0830 EST
Or sooner…
BoP anything
One make anything
All you can eat cheeseburgers

I 100% agree, the lead car has priority. In the case of side by side,, IMO the car who has the obvious 'line' has priority. Some would say there can be more than one line thru a corner,, stock cars prove it every oval or tri oval race - but we're talk'n road racing.

Back