GT Sport - General discussion about what we know so far - Updated twice - 10/28/15

Does what we know so far excite you about GTSport?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has nothing to do with the OP.
Perhaps more a question for @Jordan

But I would like to ask where the confirmation of "There’s no doubt about it – Gran Turismo Sport will be fully compatible with the PlayStation VR virtual-reality headset." came from?
The confirmation of PlayStation VR support and the game modes were provided directly to me from SCEA.

These game modes are solo or/and online? :)
Considering the game 'GT Sport' has been announced, and is on the GT website product page, I find it highly unlikely this game won't be available in stores.

If it's available in stores, it's able to be played offline.
(Almost without exception)

This 'online only' thing, IMO, needs to stop.
I've seen one post about it, and it has no backing what-so-ever.
There's no reason to believe this is the case.

No PS4 game, to my knowledge, is onine only.
(I can think of one exemption, FFXIV) and even if proven wrong beyond that, it's still an isolated case.)
I see no evidence why this game would break that mold.
And can think of many reasons why it wouldn't.

Last edited:
Since the game 'GT Sport' has been announced, and is on the product page, I find it highly unlikely this game won't be available in stores.

There's nothing stopping an online only game from appearing in stores.

There are plenty of online only games. Final Fantasy XIV is an online only game and it's in stores as well. As is Elder Scrolls: Online. Both are PS4 games.

Considering the game 'GT Sport' has been announced, and is on the GT website product page, I find it highly unlikely this game won't be available in stores.

(Almost without exception)

I've seen one post about it, and it has no backing what-so-ever.

(And even if proven wrong, would be an isolated case.)
And can think of many reasons why it wouldn't.

I am pretty sure that GTS is not "online only" ;)

There wasn't any other specific details about the game modes in the information I received.

Thank you for your response :)

There's nothing stopping an online only game from appearing in stores.

There are plenty of online only games. Final Fantasy XIV is an online only game and it's in stores as well. As is Elder Scrolls: Online. Both are PS4 games.
True.
Plenty?
(You may have responded before I edited my above post.)

But do you honestly think the first GT game on PS4 would be so limited as to be online only?

Let's try to stay on track fellas. This is the thread for discussion what we know about GT Sport so far so let's confine the discussion to that please. Yes games can be online only but we have no definitive information about GT Sport in that regard at this point, so pointless speculation is pointless.

I'm personally staying on track.

There is no evidence this game is 'online-only'
In fact, a 'Campaign' mode suggest to me the complete opposite.
I'm simply putting forward that point, via current evidence.

If someone can provide evidence to the contrary, I'm all ears.

It almost sounds as if Polyphony wants to make the game fun whether it's online or offline.
I've had a ridiculous amount of hours of fun playing both GT5 and GT6.

Your point (on the assumption I've read your sarcasm correctly) seems a little lost to me.

I've had a ridiculous amount of hours of fun playing both GT5 and GT6.

Your point (on the assumption I've read your sarcasm correctly) seems a little lost to me.
You having fun with the career mode doesn't mean every single user enjoyed the entire career mode of both of those titles. I did to some degree, but it didn't feel as fun as the previous titles. Also with how many complaints I've heard about the career mode; it's clear that it needs improvement.

Also, you didn't read my sarcasm correctly, because it wasn't sarcasm. It geniunely sounds like Polyphony is going to focus more on the offline career mode to me; which would be fantastic.

Nobody knows. Once you remove the marketing spiel you could write what we know about this game on the back of a postage stamp.

You had to grind? Seasonals helped with that. I assume those will continue based on what they said about online events etc.
There were no Seasonals at launch and the first seasonals didn't pay very much. The first few only paid $50k or less and the next few around $500k if memory serves, not enough to buy a single copy of many of the cars in the game, let alone customize it. So yes, if you wanted to go online with a decent sized garage in the first couple of months, you had to grind your way through a boring and unchallenging career mode or grind repetitive, high paying races to get there. Or use the money glitch of course.

There were no Seasonals at launch and the first seasonals didn't pay very much. The first few only paid $50k or less and the next few around $500k if memory serves, not enough to buy a single copy of many of the cars in the game, let alone customize it. So yes, if you wanted to go online with a decent sized garage in the first couple of months, you had to grind your way through a boring and unchallenging career mode or grind repetitive, high paying races to get there. Or use the money glitch of course.
As it should be. Its funny to say we now have complaints about having to grind to get money in the early stages of the game. But, why should you get huge payouts? That detracts from the typical GT modo of starting out small and getting more and more as you work your way up. Another reason for relatively small payouts was (possibly Sony's) idea of micro transactions for in-game credits.

Before anyone gets excited, really excited. Just remember how great GT6 sounded before it came out, and how everything, AI, career mode etc was supposedly a huge improvement.

As it should be. Its funny to say we now have complaints about having to grind to get money in the early stages of the game. But, why should you get huge payouts? That detracts from the typical GT modo of starting out small and getting more and more as you work your way up. Another reason for relatively small payouts was (possibly Sony's) idea of micro transactions for in-game credits.
Because the payouts were a hinderence to the enjoyment of the game perhaps? and they were so low to delibarately frustrate you into buying credits with real money? thats why we you should get huge payouts, you shouldnt have to grind or feel like the game is work. The model was poorly structured either intentionaly or by incompetence

I think GT Sport will be the online counterpart of the more offline based GT7. For players who like online racing, GT Sport will be something to enjoy especially because of the real life interaction with FIA. But for me as an offline 'race to collect player' I don't think GT Sport will be something for me. The lack of new cars shown in the trailer disturbs me. If the Lamborghini Veneno is the car that should leave us in awe then surely that failed on me. Basically it's just a modified
Aventador! If it was a Koenigsegg One:1, Porsche 918, SSC Tuatara or a Zenvo ST1 then I would be more
interested. Now they just showed some GT6 cars without any new brands of even completely new
models.

Interesting, never thought of that. So GT Sport is possibly like the equivalent of GTA Online to GTAV

If this game really does have properly good engine audio, and the silly instant gear shifts are gone, then I will probably love it the way I loved the last two Forzas, the way I just didn't love GT6 ultimately.

Because the payouts were a hinderence to the enjoyment of the game perhaps? and they were so low to delibarately frustrate you into buying credits with real money? thats why we you should get huge payouts, you shouldnt have to grind or feel like the game is work. The model was poorly structured either intentionaly or by incompetence

Quick Match pays large however, despite the often-chaotic nature of that. 💡

Before anyone gets excited, really excited. Just remember how great GT6 sounded before it came out, and how everything, AI, career mode etc was supposedly a huge improvement.

I had no issue with payouts. That was without the credit trick. Imo, it was closer to how an amatuer race driver goes about getting his car into the race scene. Plus you could buy one car to use for multiple series'. Even the Honda Fit worked fine for a a lot of the early events. The payouts were helped when seasonals came out. And then a little later in time they increased.

Its so easy to criticize PD for things but so hard to give them their due credit isnt it. But this is only early GT6. I dont know if relatively low payouts will continue for GT Sport. No one does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back